Sign in to follow this  
oztony

Man arrested after allegedly planning NYE terror attack in Melbourne

oztony

Man arrested after allegedly planning NYE terror attack in Melbourne

A man is in custody accused of planning a terrorist attack on Melbourne this New Year’s Eve.

The 20-year-old was arrested at a Werribee home about 3pm yesterday after Victoria Police, the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) swoped on the property.

It is alleged the man was involved in undertaking preparations for planning a terrorist act in the city on December 31, police said in a statement this morning.

He is currently being held in relation to the offences of Acts in Preparation to Commit a Terrorist Attack and Collecting Documents to Facilitate a Terrorist Act.

Investigations are ongoing, but police said they “do not anticipate further arrests.”

Two other homes in Werribee and Meadow Heights, along with a commercial property in Footscray, were also targeted by officers during yesterday’s raids.

Police said the threat is “contained” and there is “no ongoing risk” from the accused.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/11/28/07/30/man-arrested-after-allegedly-planning-nye-terror-attack-in-melbourne

• Thanks 1

sugbu777

Good on the police for finding this feck before it happened.

• Like 1

oztony
5 minutes ago, sugbu777 said:

Good on the police for finding this feck before it happened.

Melbourne is the most multi cultural city in the world , pop. 4 million, but with that the slime buckets slither in as well , the cost of the monitoring of these assholes in order to apprehend before the event must be staggering ...they should set up a penal facility and eject all these pricks to Antarctica ...for life ..no internet ..no tv ..just the freezing cold and nowhere to go ...

• Like 6

sugbu777

I didn't realize Melbourne had that large of a population now . Its been a long time since I've been there. I always enjoyed visiting Melbourne. Another city with a very large multi cultural population, and IMO is also great place to visit is Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

• Like 1

Headshot
2 hours ago, oztony said:

Melbourne is the most multi cultural city in the world , pop. 4 million, but with that the slime buckets slither in as well , the cost of the monitoring of these assholes in order to apprehend before the event must be staggering ...they should set up a penal facility and eject all these pricks to Antarctica ...for life ..no internet ..no tv ..just the freezing cold and nowhere to go ...

They should just drop them off on Dangerous Reef out in Spencer Gulf, and tell them they can go swimming if they want to eat.

• Like 1

oztony
11 minutes ago, Headshot said:

They should just drop them off on Dangerous Reef out in Spencer Gulf, and tell them they can go swimming if they want to eat.

Not a bad idea , I used to live on the next gulf over St Vincent Gulf ...and all those waters are shark infested ..one of the last places on this planet that you would want to swimming out at sea..

• Like 2

oztony

Wowser ...this report just in..of Somali descent..was going to kill as many as possible with firearms at Federation Square right in the heart of the city where thousands go to see in the New Year...

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/11/28/07/30/man-arrested-after-allegedly-planning-nye-terror-attack-in-melbourne

Edited by oztony
  • Thanks 1

sugbu777
11 minutes ago, oztony said:

this report just in..of Somali descent

surprise...surprise :sarcasm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man

Victoria Police, the Australian Federal Police and the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation (ASIO) swoped on the property.

Swoped? :unknw:

swoped.jpg.96f7efdbdc9a464cbeca1fcbcc97919a.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

SkyMan

.they should set up a penal facility and eject all these pricks to Antarctica ...for life ..no internet ..no tv ..just the freezing cold and nowhere to go ...

Put them on the pole.  And give them a compass so they know which direction to pray.

lamoe
14 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Swoped? :unknw:

swoped.jpg.96f7efdbdc9a464cbeca1fcbcc97919a.jpg

Very legit word - seldom used now - 1984 here we come.

I do wonder how he expected to obtain the weapon?

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
9 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Very legit word - seldom used now - 1984 here we come.

So what does it mean.  I can google lots of definitions but none of them make sense.  Here is another

http://www.definition.com.co/swoped.html

[ verb ] exchange or give (something) in exchange for

[ noun ] (business) an equal exchange

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

So what does it mean.  I can google lots of definitions but none of them make sense.  Here is another

Good catch !! I feel much safer knowing that you are here to protect me from misspelings !!   

• Haha 1

lamoe
1 hour ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I believe the word that those definitions refer to is swapped

Wasn't being sarcastic - or playing word police - was a very common word  way back when

1. To move in a sudden sweep: The bird swooped down on its prey.
2. To make a rush or an attack with a sudden sweeping movement. Often used with down: The children swooped down on the pile of presents.
3. the act of swooping
4. a swift descent

Edit: As is typ of me didn't realize it was misspelled

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1

oztony
24 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

misspelings !!   

:ROFLMAO: Now we are going to be swomped with this tiep of stuf ...

Edited by oztony
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1