Sign in to follow this  
rep1

Where Can You Find Exotic Foods in Cebu?

samatm

now I AM craving one of those bagel  with 3 cheeses and canadian bacon and portobello mushroom sandwiches.   

• Like 1

rep1

Just came back from it. Didn't know their breakfast is American not filipino sized! Didn't find the one I wanted, I forgot the word "Bagel".

only downside is they don't have whisky or brandy for the morning.

Davaoeno
9 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Just came back from it. Didn't know their breakfast is American not filipino sized! Didn't find the one I wanted, I forgot the word "Bagel".

I was there an hour ago. I really went off on them when they told me the morning whiskey wasn't available !  

Headshot
17 minutes ago, rep1 said:

I suppose that next time you will need to bring your own to add to the coffee...  :cool:

Headshot

BTW, there is a bagel kiosk on the second level of Ayala in the hallway between the Metro Department Store and Rustan's that has several different bagel sandwiches on their menu. You might be able to find what you want there, but you will probably still have to bring your own booze.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rep1
53 minutes ago, Headshot said:

but you will probably still have to bring your own booze.

Nah I'm not going to make myself look like a drunktard!

will eat in hotels again. they always have alcohol!

rep1

new dish spotted:

IlIy7fN.jpg

Is this Mexican?? looks like breakfast of some sort.

Headshot
2 hours ago, rep1 said:

new dish spotted:

IlIy7fN.jpg

Is this Mexican?? looks like breakfast of some sort.

Nope, but it does look fairly exotic.

JamesMusslewhite

What I have been craving is real Houston style Mexican food like I had in Leo’s which was in the heart of Montross. Leos's is also the restaurant which cooked the food used on the ZZ Top 'Tres Hombres'  album. I use to have it as my screensaver here for years until I came to the realization I was merely torturing myself.

zz-top-tres-hombres-mexican-feast3-copy1.thumb.jpg.aa0d68625b622f1891672c1149fc4b30.jpg

• Like 2

rep1
2 minutes ago, JamesMusslewhite said:

What I have been craving is real Houston style Mexican food like I had in Leo’s which was in the heart of Montross. Leos's is also the restaurant which cooked the food used on the ZZ Top 'Tres Hombres'  album. I use to have it as my screensaver here for years until I came to the realization I was merely torturing myself.

zz-top-tres-hombres-mexican-feast3-copy1.thumb.jpg.aa0d68625b622f1891672c1149fc4b30.jpg

:D where can I find this in cebu??

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite
Just now, rep1 said:

:D where can I find this in cebu??

I have been looking for anyplace that could even come close for over 9 years now. I actually found better Mexican food on Okinawa. You would think that after 333 years of Spanish occupation that you could at least find a decent burrito or perhaps they could have used a cookbook and figure out how to make a pork or rooster taco.

Headshot

I found a new Mexican restaurant today at SM Seaside Mall. It on level 3 at the City Wing. It is called Cali's Mexican Cravings. I had already eaten when I found it, or I would have tried the food. Therefore, I don't know if the food is any good, but the menu looks good. The place has zero atmosphere. Anyway, here is the menu. Click it, and you can make it bigger (to make reading easier).

Menu3.thumb.jpg.a9dc9ff6f22cc4e4ca1d0e5fd1b38528.jpg

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

rep1
7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I found a new Mexican restaurant today at SM Seaside Mall. It on level 3 at the City Wing. It is called Cali's Mexican Cravings. I had already eaten when I found it, or I would have tried the food. Therefore, I don't know if the food is any good, but the menu looks good. The place has zero atmosphere. Anyway, here is the menu. Click it, and you can make it bigger (to make reading easier.

will try!

But what's the name of this big dish in the center?

zz-top-tres-hombres-mexican-feast3-copy1.jpg

some sort of platter?

maximian
4 minutes ago, rep1 said:

will try!

But what's the name of this big dish in the center?

zz-top-tres-hombres-mexican-feast3-copy1.jpg

some sort of platter?

Its fried Tilapia with a sweet spaghetti topping. 

• Like 2