Sign in to follow this  
SkyMan

AirAsia

SkyMan

They seem to have decent prices and service (flew to Manila last month) but their website is a minefield.  You really have to triple check the price before you actually pay.  You'll select the flight and it will show the right price and then you'll hit continue.  And then on the next page you'll look at the price and it's ok.  Then you look at the info on the page and price will have changed.  They've added in insurance or pre-charged you for a bag or a cup-a-noodle or for an assigned seat.  And the way to turn that off isn't on that page so you have to leave it there a while until you get to the page you can turn it off.  And this kind of trickery is in a country where people have to ask for help from a security guard to use an ATM?  Not cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Enuff

I use the mobile app, quick easy and painless.

Last time I was in Manila my driver said he visits Cebu often and always flys Air Asia.

I also went in and added an additional 20kg luggage for about p1000, this was a month after booking, painless.

• Thanks 1

colemanlee

Last few trips both in country and out of country we flew Air Asia...its our default airline now and thankfully they fly in and out of Tacloban....

liquido

Old news but I still think they have the hottest flight attendants compared to CP and PAL..Tight skirts, able to let there hair down...More or less as the OP said keep a watchful eye on the opening price and compare to when you click to pay..

• Thanks 1

Contango

I flew Airasia Thailand to Singapore a couple of weeks ago, was surprised at how good the flight and check in was..

Monsoon

I wont fly Cebu Pathetic anymore so my options while in the Phils are somewhat limited. Took Air Asia on a couple of domestic flights and we were on time for 3 out of 4 of the flights. One arrived 30 mins early. This almost never happens in the Philippines so they must be doing something right.

Funny how Air Asia doesn't have delay after delay after delay due to "air traffic congestion in Manila station" like CP announces for just about every flight they operate.

Air Asia on an international basis can be hit and miss. I wouldnt use them for anything over an hour or so flight.

SkyMan

Realize I'm not commenting on the quality of the flights but just giving a warning on the trickery of the website adding in charges not requested but just assuming you want to add them.

Enuff
11 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Realize I'm not commenting on the quality of the flights but just giving a warning on the trickery of the website adding in charges not requested but just assuming you want to add them.

I don't recall having that issue on the app version, maybe website is designed for revenue enhancement. 

• Thanks 1

liquido
1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Funny how Air Asia doesn't have delay after delay after delay due to "air traffic congestion in Manila station" like CP announces for just about every flight they operate.

You mean "Due to the late arrival of your assigned aircraft"..haha...That seems to be the local lingo here for all the airlines...  

• Haha 2