Anyone have a wife/gf doing a used clothing business

A_Simple_Man

Richard K

You start buying shipping containers of used clothing...at some point some one is gonna look at it...especially if there is a foreigner associated with it... 

shadow
15 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Understood and I accept that man. I bought my g/f a highspeed sewing machine and she turned it into a business..I am not wealthy.. and believe me it is helpful... pays at least a couple of the monthly bills...but it is LEGAL also... one thing I know... you start making any money here... it gets looked at... if it is legal not much can touch it except competition...if it is NOT legal... watch you back

You might send her downtown Cebu, they are looking for a high speed sewer down there.

I think it may have something to do with why it floods all the time!

:lol:

Photo0418.thumb.jpg.9b1b535a58de337d601c8d993bcaa655.jpg

• Like 1
Richard K

We live on Luzon... she worked at sewing for many years, that is how she learned... she works only for herself now

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

There is no use rehashing this. This was posted just last month...

Maybe we will get different answers in this thread. I can see that thread wasn't nearly as fun as this one is. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It is popular recently for some of the expat's wives or gfs to buy and sell clothings.  Some of them do it with new items and some with used clothing.   I don't suppose any of these ladies are getting rich but there are some making a few thousand pesos a month.

One of the tricky bits is getting a good supplier of clothing bundles if you want to sell Ukay Ukay type used clothing.  Of course if there are already 10 suppliers on your block it may not be the business for your wife/gf but I am wondering if anyone who is doing it would care to share info on where they are buying the bundles.

It does not take more than a small amount of online research to find sources for used clothing bundles, but some of the wholesalers are priced "too good to be true" so it's retailer beware in this business.  Some retailers are buying from wholesalers in Manila and having the bundles shipped to the port nearest them.  Others are bringing in their own bundles from overseas.  But there are a few clothing bundle wholesalers listing Cebu and area as their warehouse.  If anyone is getting their bundles from a wholesaler in Cebu I would be interested in hearing their experience so I can pass on the info to my gf before she gets ripped off by a shady wholesaler :D

Reply in thread or PM me if you are willing to share the info but not go public with it :thumbsup:  Thanks in advance.

We went to Carbon early yesterday - about 7 am - tons of ukay ukay setting up and a lot still in bundles

If you can get here she might be able to get help as long as they understand she would not be competition

• Administrator
Salty Dog
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Maybe we will get different answers in this thread. I can see that thread wasn't nearly as fun as this one is. 

:evan:

A_Simple_Man

I suppose I should thank the people who are saying she can't do this and its illegal and she will lose money.  I tried to pass the message on and warn her of the evils of her ways but she already is doing it and making profit so she says it ain't any of my business.

I wuz just trying to  help her out by telling her ways to improve.  I guess the best way to improve is don't ask foreigners about filipinas business.  There is a kind of crab mentality with foreigners.  If they can't do it then you can't either. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I tried to pass the message on and warn her of the evils of her ways but she already is doing it and making profit so she says it ain't any of my business.

I like her! 

shadow
From FB;‎

BACOLOD UKAY-UKAY SUPPLIER (DIRECT SUPLLIER)
₱123,456
Bacolod City

RE-STOCK!!! 1f60d.png?1f60d.png?1f60d.png?
Mga Sis bro and mommies out there..
Negosyo ba kailamgan mo?? 
Sa Mga new and old sa Ukay-Ukay
We supply Best quality and Bargain quality Bundles!!!

PM ME DIRECTLY FOR FASTER RESPONSE 
FREE DELIVERY WITHIK BACOLOD CITY!!!

☆DENIM SHORTS (US)
☆LADIES TANK TOPS (US) 
☆TEEN DRESS (CANADA) 
☆CHILDREN MIX PANTS (CANADA) 
☆BEEDSHEET (#1) 
☆BEEDSHEET (#2) 
☆LADIES TSHIRT (US)
☆NEW ORIGINAL SHORTS no.1 (US) 
☆LADIES COTTON BLOUSE(JP)
☆JP 113 - LADIES TSHIRT TANKTOPS(JP)
☆MEN'S TSHIRT LONGSLEEVES(JP) 
☆PILLOWCASE(US) 
☆KNIT SHORT(US) 
☆JP 002 - CHILDREN MIX RUMMAGE(JP)
☆DENIM SKIRT(JP) 
☆SLIMFIT JEANS(US) 
☆MINI SKIRT MIX(JP) 
☆MEN MIX SHIRT(JP) 
☆TATTERED JEAN PANTS(TJP) 
☆LADIES MIX BLOUSE(JP) 
☆COTTON NIGHT WEAR(JP) 
☆LIGHT BABY RUMMAGE(US) 
☆MEN'S RN TSHIRT COLLAR 
☆JOGGING PANTS(JP) 
☆CJ 385 MIX JEANS ASIAN
☆MIX SKIRT(JP) 
☆LIGHT ZIPPER JACKET(JP) 
☆PILLOW CASE (Us) 
☆LIGHT CURTAIN (JP) 
☆SPORTS T-HIRTS 
☆JUMPSHORTS/JUMPSUITS MIX 32L CODE
☆LADIES LEGGINGS (U.S)
☆MENS JEANS 100 KLS. KOREA 
☆LADIES JEANS CANADA 
☆MENS JEANS CANADA 45KLS 
☆LADIES CAPRI PANTS

SPECIAL 100 KILOS
☆JUMPER MIX DENIM 
☆DENIM JACKET 
☆SEXY DENIM SHORTS 
☆SEXY COTTON SHORTS 
☆MENS JEANS 
☆COTTON BLOUSE 
☆CHILDREN COTTON RUMMAGE
☆DRESS KOREA NO.1 
☆CARDIGANS 
☆MEN'S TSHIRT KOREA NO.1 (New code)
☆LADIES TOPS/TSHIRT KOREA NO.1

☡MUST READ☡
1f4cc.png?NO RETURN, NO EXCHAGE
ALL BUNDLES ARE MACHINE PACKED AND FACTORY SEALED, THUS WE DONT KNOW WHAT IS EXACTLY INSIDE. PICTURES ARE SAMPLES FROM OUR CLIENTS WHO GOT SAME BUNDLE CODE!

23509233_1666424876755835_2765944095406598446_o.jpg?oh=035b8d58c9ba269bb7abb0057b23ac82&oe=5AA373E3

A_Simple_Man
6 minutes ago, shadow said:

From FB;‎

As I mentioned in my opening post . . 

22 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It does not take more than a small amount of online research to find sources for used clothing bundles, but some of the wholesalers are priced "too good to be true" so it's retailer beware in this business.

That is why I asked;

22 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

If anyone is getting their bundles from a wholesaler in Cebu I would be interested in hearing their experience

We already have all of the Facebook links.  Thank you.

EDIT:  BTW, in case you thought we were doing this in Dumaguete, no that does not work.  There are so many doing it in Dumaguete and surrounding area that the market is glutted.  This is a great place for buying Ukay Ukay but not so for selling.

Edited by A_Simple_Man
  • Like 1