Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Trip to Tagbilaran

lamoe

Trip to Tagbilaran

General observations.

1. Ayala Mall has a higher percentage of truly outstanding looking ladies over malls in Tagbilaran but Tagbilaran has more good and very look looking ones just about anywhere I looked.  Fewer foreigners and noticed more  glances / smiles (ladies – not guys), than here

2. Never been bitten by a mosquito here - infested there – very close to water – my fault for not packing repellent – also smaller variety - didn’t feel them (46 bites)

3. In my very limited PR travels I would say Tagbilaran would be a nice place to live – less traffic / pollution / decent shopping / close to decent beaches

Saturday

Left at 10:15 – garbed a Grab – nice car – clean / new / QUIET – arrived pier 1 at 10:45 – slow boat is pier 1 fast is Pier 3? - missed shuttle to pier 3 (fast craft) – had to settle for 1:30 ferry which arrived at 2:45

135 P Grab w/tip and 450 P ferry for 2 - all in - 1 hour trip

Went to Tubgion first to see her family and get ride down to Tagbilaran on Sunday.

Loaded up a 6 wheel open bed truck with people and stuff – of course rained along the way and blew out a radiator hose.

Sunday / Monday/ Tuesday helped clean up property / house of sister who is in Japan at their other house with her hubby.   Nice house but small inside – stayed for free. Everyone left on Tuesday except uncle and his wife / son who live in separate house on property as care takers.

Wednesday down day – went to largest mall on island and local malls also went to cemetery to lay flowers – notice the Tanduay and other bottles – my kind of reverence

Boom wall – during walk came across a hut with this on side

Thursday did the typ tourist thing – about 10 hours all told

Driver was her uncle and his son – the sister has her own private trike

Prices are from my memory – so may be off a little but not much

Black Conference – free

Oldest church in PR – free,

Snake farm – 50 P entrance + 150 P for pic with big snake / small one donation

Monkey preserve – 50 P 

GREAT karenderia just across from farm (417 P for 4)

Didn’t do the floating barge / restaurants (1 hour trip @ 500P buffet) – arrived too early

Chocolate Hills 50 P (nice but 220 steps to top)

ATV rental 450 P + another entrance fee 50 P ea. -  ½ hour (lasted 45 min - rained) 

Then a house shaped like a boat  - 50 p entrance and get a coffee / juice – Charity went nuts cause they took pics whenever she wanted  -  it’s also a hotel @ 1,200 P a night

Then home

Found a really good karenderia BBQ near the city – very, very busy all the time (dinner for 4 was less than 500 P)

Friday another down day

Saturday BEACH – left at 7 fecking AM!!!

3 kids – 6 adults – less than 20 min from house – entrance less that 455 P all in w / cabana

Really nice beach –

Ate breakfast / lunch? – prices not bad if you buy there – we brought our own food

Warm water – shallow (low tide) only stayed about 2 ½ hours – Charity explained they go early and leave early –

Next time (next month?) will stay on island and she knows we’ll stay longer at beach

We brought everything except the blue cloth bag on right – that was the Aunt’s and only half filled

Sunday

Went for a 2 hour walk as I did every down day – city center is like

Colon Street

Left house at 4 pm

Asked Charity how much to give to uncle – 1,000 P – he didn’t want to take it but his wife sure did. Also bought them dinner  3 days along with Red Horse and Tanduay during the week

Before anyone says about setting a bad precedent - we've had the talk about me not being an ATM - she knows if I say no it's no - only happened once there.

Ferry was 800 P + 40 P port charge + 100 P heavy bag charge.

2 hour trip - arrived pier 3 – garbed another Grab (150 P w/ tip)

Weekly total – didn’t keep track – took 20 K P with me – came home with 8 K + change

As has been said - some there are what you would want from in-laws and some are not.

Her father / mother / sisters / Bil / along with an aunt and some cousins = good people 

Uncle’s wife and a few others NFW.

Charity is shy and only allowed 1 pic of her to be posted so be satisfied with me :db:imageproxy.php?img=&key=64674b45ff2b2516

Slow net - will up load more later

20171031_154001.jpg

20171031_154059.jpg

20171102_090851.jpg

20171102_092126.jpg

20171102_095256.jpg

20171102_100121.jpg

20171102_100645.jpg

20171102_112856.jpg

20171102_115655.jpg

20171102_121444.jpg

20171102_123633.jpg

20171102_124133.jpg

20171102_123738.jpg

20171102_134840.jpg

20171102_135420.jpg

20171102_135557.jpg

Edited by Paul
Deleted white space and double spaced text.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

lamoe

Was a guy with a DJI? drone doing selfies.

Of course landed it in a group of people

20171103_133712.jpg

20171102_142337.jpg

20171102_152724.jpg

20171102_163023.jpg

20171102_163046.jpg

20171103_134534.jpg

20171103_171056.jpg

20171103_172050.jpg

20171104_063927.jpg

20171104_184627.jpg

20171105_171757.jpg

20171105_190402.jpg

DSCN0202.JPG

DSCN0203.JPG

DSCN0210.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

DSCN0222.JPG

DSCN0223.JPG

DSCN0224.JPG

DSCN0250.JPG

DSCN0253.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

RR3
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Trip to Tagbilaran

General observations.

1. Ayala Mall has a higher percentage of truly outstanding looking ladies over malls in Tagbilaran but Tagbilaran has more good and very look looking ones just about anywhere I looked.  Fewer foreigners and noticed more  glances / smiles (ladies – not guys), than here

Tagbilaran has a school for dumb kids. Hit a nice numb lady in downtown mall 'cause my dream a woman who not nagging all time. But I learned that numb can be very very noisy :winking0044:

Nice trip report. Thanks.

Edited by RR3

liquido
2 hours ago, lamoe said:

Fewer foreigners

Believe me the place is loaded with full timers there..

2 hours ago, lamoe said:

I would say Tagbilaran would be a nice place to live – less traffic

There are more tricycles there than cockroaches...Traffic can be really bad there at time with the population explosion there in the last few years....

• Like 1

lamoe
Just now, liquido said:

Believe me the place is loaded with full timers there..

There are more tricycles there than cockroaches...Traffic can be really bad there at time with the population explosion there in the last few years....

Congestion  - yes - but not Km after Km like here.

liquido
20 hours ago, lamoe said:

Congestion  - yes - but not Km after Km like here.

The main thing is you enjoyed yourself there,thats what counts...Amen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

samatm

Thank you thank you...Great post and pics!       You make the this forum a better place.    Looks like you had fun and very cheaply as you entertaining her clan as well.   Good job.    Was that her family's house?    Very nice.   

Jim Sibbick

Thankyou for your report

But I am just trying to fathom your boat comments. 

Starcraft fast ferry operates from pier 3 to Tubigon but so do most of the slow ferries to Tubigon.  And it must have been a very fast slow ferry that did the trip in an hour and 15 minutes. That is how long the fast ferry takes to Tubigon. What was the name of the ferry company you used?

Fast ferries operate from pier 1. OceanJet and Supercat fast ferries operate from pier 1. They go from pier 1 to Ormoc City, Pier 1 to Tagbilaran City. Pier 1 to Dumaguete via Tagbilaran and Pier 1 to Larena on Siquijor via Tagbilaran. 

lamoe
13 hours ago, samatm said:

Thank you thank you...Great post and pics!       You make the this forum a better place.    Looks like you had fun and very cheaply as you entertaining her clan as well.   Good job.    Was that her family's house?    Very nice.   

Sister's - married to Japanese - own several houses and an Inn in Lapu Lapu

4 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Thankyou for your report

Starcraft fast ferry operates from pier 3 to Tubigon but so do most of the slow ferries to Tubigon.  And it must have been a very fast slow ferry that did the trip in an hour and 15 minutes. That is how long the fast ferry takes to Tubigon. What was the name of the ferry company you used?

Fast ferries operate from pier 1. OceanJet and Supercat fast ferries operate from pier 1. They go from pier 1 to Ormoc City, Pier 1 to Tagbilaran City. Pier 1 to Dumaguete via Tagbilaran and Pier 1 to Larena on Siquijor via Tagbilaran. 

Not sure on names of ferry's - first leg was not to Tagbilaran - return was

will need to check schedules next time (month - planning trip to stay near beaches)

There was a ferry at 250 P at 1 and 10 PM

• Like 1

Monsoon

Nice trip report @lamoe

But I gotta ask, is that a light saber in your satchel? I didn't realize you were a Jedi. 

lamoe.thumb.jpg.f0c1202111220d4c6f82d045125af364.jpg

• Haha 4

lamoe

24" collapsible baton - doesn't have to be plugged in :tongue_01:

• Thanks 1

Soupeod
5 minutes ago, lamoe said:

24" collapsible baton - doesn't have to be plugged in :tongue_01:

But what is that... a handbag on your side?  :)

lamoe

Yep or a man bag / satchel - that's the large one - also have mid and small size

Never needed in US

Got in it and on this trip used every one of them more than once

2 umbrellas

2 ponchos

1 L water bottle

phone

camera

towel

biscuits (crackers)

2 USB fans

2 USB power packs

pen

paper

baby wipes (I gots a tender butt:evan:)

USB speaker

Spice bag w/powdered Wasabi, salt, scorpion tail sauce, season salt, Thai pepper infused Soy sauce, fork, spoon, knife.

• Like 1

liquido
6 hours ago, Jim Sibbick said:

Thankyou for your report

They also have Fastcat from cebu pier 3 to tubigan....Maybe thats the one...

https://www.fastcat.com.ph/archipelago-schedule-cebu.html

• Thanks 1

badian

Tagbilaran is tiny and it's small-ness only serves to show what a hicksville island Bohol actually is.  It just makes me laugh when people start going on about how bad the traffic is supposed to be there.

Tagbilaran is however small as it is, by far the largest human settlement in Bohol. Here is a list of the cities on Negros that are bigger as in greater population size, than Tagbilaran : 

Bacolod roughly 450% bigger

Kabankalan 70% 

Bago 60%

Cadiz  30%

Dumaguete 20%

San Carlos 20%

Silay 10%

Bayawan 10%

Himalayan roughly same size