3 short dashcam videos that I took recently

to_dave007
55 minutes ago, Richard K said:

Just looks like normal traffic to me.. nothing to blow a gasket over

Try driving against the incoming traffic flow during morning rush hour headed north up the National Highway from Pacific Mall through to Liloan.  There's so many bikes oncoming that it's a steady line, and they are passing each other when they get the chance.   

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• A_Simple_Man

• to_dave007

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was working in Germany years ago and got a special driver’s education class to help ensure I was familiar with the German road signs and driving patterns.  The instructor pointed out the obvious dif

Keep up this driving behaviour and one day you are going to hit one of those oncoming drivers who upset you so much by being in "YOUR" lane. And when you do. you'll discover that there is a law i

Fault as in insurance? At 70 I break easy and hard to repair - waaaay past warranty.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Topper said:

By the way that guy was driving, it looked like he just stole the vehicle and was making his getaway. Did you find out what happened? 

Wasn't my video but I'm guessing if the driver was adult he was probably drunk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Goetz1965

Seriously - I drive left - anyone doesnt like that may go on driving on the right lane here ... Lol !

And sorry - but it is MY LANE and counterflowing is forbidden - so WHY should I allow those stupids to break the law ?
Unfortunately too many people always "avoid" ... And that is why those stupids get away with counterflowing and disregarding traffic laws all the time !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was working in Germany years ago and got a special driver’s education class to help ensure I was familiar with the German road signs and driving patterns.  The instructor pointed out the obvious differences between where I came from and where I would be driving.  Such as, faster cars, better brakes, well educated and trained drivers etc.  

After we were instructed, he showed us an image of a tombstone.  It read...."Here lies Hans.  He had the right of way"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
A_Simple_Man
24 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

it is MY LANE and counterflowing is forbidden - so WHY should I allow those stupids to break the law ?

No, you do not own the road nor any part of it.

Your day will come and you can tell your story to the judge.  I would wish you good luck but I would not mean it.  When you drive as you do in your videos, and if you kill someone because you are so full of yourself and they made the mistake of taking up a piece of your lane, then I hope you are appropriately punished.

When someone is coming towards you, passing another vehicle, it is your responsibility to help him pass rather than stick to your lane and be a prick.  If it looks to you like they are stealing your lane then pull to the right and stop and send your dash cam video to the appropriate authorities.  If they do nothing then it is NOT up to you to police the other drivers on the road.  It IS up to you to share the road.

• Thanks 4
SkyMan
26 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Seriously - I drive left - anyone doesnt like that may go on driving on the right lane here ... Lol !

I don't often drive in the right lane either.  It's the jeepney lane, the here's where I'll set up my vulcanizing shop lane, the let's put the chairs for the funeral here lane, etc. But I;ll move over halfway under certain conditions.  You'll get where you're going faster if you do too.  And while you may not care directly how long your trip takes, the sooner you get there, the sooner you'll be out of the traffic.  I'm sure most of us (if we had dashcams) could post a few videos of morons who slow up traffic because they insist on remaining in their lane when a simple swerve out and back would keep everything flowing smoothly.  Don't be that moron.

33 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

And sorry - but it is MY LANE

Foreigners can NOT own land in this country.  

34 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

counterflowing is forbidden

There's probably a law against it.  There are many many laws in this country.  Some are enforced.

36 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

Unfortunately too many people always "avoid" ... And that is why those stupids get away with counterflowing and disregarding traffic laws all the time !

And not one thing you do will change that.  And if you're in front of me and just stop instead of going around you'll hear my horn as I go around you.  If there's no one behind you feel free to tilt at all the windmills you want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

There is a simple rule that applies while driving here.  Actually, less of a rule than a sort of game.  Simple game, simple rule.  The one in front wins.

I now know the game, and choose not to participate.  I let the players of the game pass, as much as I can safely allow.

As a side note, one outcome of this game is learning who has the right of way.  First, the one who flashes lights FIRST.  First flash, first to have the right.  Second, honking.  Less effective, but same concept. Honk first, go first.

Lastly, there is a simple rule for new drivers to learn here.  It’s not written anywhere, but simply stated......the vehicle behind you has the right of way.  So, if you approach a slow moving vehicle, begin to go around, be sure to check your mirror.  The guy behind you has the right of way......remember the game I mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

And sorry - but it is MY LANE and counterflowing is forbidden - so WHY should I allow those stupids to break the law ?

MY LANE ?????  do you pay taxes here in philippines ??

MY LANE ????? nowhere in any driving laws I know of does it say you have the right of way

MY LANE ?????   only thing I can say: selfish prick

Edited by Woolf
  • Thanks 4
45 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

No, you do not own the road nor any part of it.

Your day will come and you can tell your story to the judge.  I would wish you good luck but I would not mean it.  When you drive as you do in your videos, and if you kill someone because you are so full of yourself and they made the mistake of taking up a piece of your lane, then I hope you are appropriately punished.

When someone is coming towards you, passing another vehicle, it is your responsibility to help him pass rather than stick to your lane and be a prick.  If it looks to you like they are stealing your lane then pull to the right and stop and send your dash cam video to the appropriate authorities.  If they do nothing then it is NOT up to you to police the other drivers on the road.  It IS up to you to share the road.

8 minutes ago, Woolf said:

MY LANE ????? nowhere in any driving laws I know of does it say you have the right of way

I do pay taxes - VAT AND Kano.

Same appears to apply to sidewalks.

On morning walk -  3 motorcycles  - from Fuentes to Capitol - sidewalk so of course it's also a traffic lane and a fecking car (Ramos) - counter flowing

A_Simple_Man
1 minute ago, lamoe said:

sidewalk so of course it's also a traffic lane and a fecking car (Ramos) - counter flowing

You have the right to be offended by that.  You have the right to report that to proper authorities.  You do not have the right to take any action to police the offenders, either passively or actively.  (Nice to see your rose colored glasses coming off BTW :thumbsup: ).

Most of us put up with that shit every day and we all get offended.  We all bitch and moan about it and we say what we would like to do to those morons but we do not take actions that would put another person at risk just because they are morons.  Not our place to do that.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I'm surprised Goetz wife hasn't put him in check yet or notified him that if he keeps it up they'll shoot him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Kabisay-an gid
16 hours ago, SkyMan said:

If you see your link as youtu.be instead of youtube, you have the wrong link.

I clicked the share button and copied the youtu.be link, then pasted below. It shows up no problem:

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
SkyMan
21 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

I clicked the share button and copied the youtu.be link, then pasted below. It shows up no problem:

Then they must be clicking the link to "Post as link instead of embedding" after the link converts to the embedded video.  Or perhaps the youtu.be links are working now?

Edited by SkyMan
A_Simple_Man
10 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Or perhaps the youtu.be links are working now?

Looks like its up to the one who posts the video on youtube whether he allows embedding and on what sites he allows it.  Read all about it here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6301625?hl=en

SkyMan
9 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Looks like its up to the one who posts the video on youtube whether he allows embedding and on what sites he allows it.  Read all about it here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6301625?hl=en

And yet with all three of the OP videos posted as youtu.be I was able to embed them as youtube.com