3 short dashcam videos that I took recently

Goetz1965

Ok what you cannt see in the videos with sound is my distant lights that I always use when I "F*** off" counterflowers !

Ok, hes government and so he might think rules dont apply 
But DONT COUNTERFLOW IN MY LANE !!

Next one - bulk riders with heavy machines - maybe they think they are the bosses ....
But even BOSSES arnt allowed to counterflow in my lane 
So the last one I guess apologizes  (the guy taking his hand ou lol)

And Taxis are always in a rush - this one is the intersection at DOLE7 building
The outer RIGHT lane is for STRAIGHT traffic !
Its already red - we all stop - only this stupid is in a hurry ... Where are the sheriffs when you need them ...

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• A_Simple_Man

• to_dave007

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was working in Germany years ago and got a special driver’s education class to help ensure I was familiar with the German road signs and driving patterns.  The instructor pointed out the obvious dif

Keep up this driving behaviour and one day you are going to hit one of those oncoming drivers who upset you so much by being in "YOUR" lane. And when you do. you'll discover that there is a law i

Fault as in insurance? At 70 I break easy and hard to repair - waaaay past warranty.

SkyMan

Goetz (and anyone else), please use the proper youtube links to post your videos.  If you see your link as youtu.be instead of youtube, you have the wrong link.  Likewise, if the video does not embed in the post as above you have the wrong link.  Thanks.

A_Simple_Man
5 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

If you see your link as youtu.be instead of youtube, you have the wrong link

Are you sure?  It seems to be a "thing" that youtube does when they do not want that video embedded.  It is youtube who is changing the link.  How are you managing to get around that?

SkyMan

Your horn sounds like dial tone.  As for your first 2 videos, it looks like heavy traffic oncoming while you have 2 lanes of light traffic.  I'm fairly lenient in such a case and I'll give half a lane, particularly to bikes, unless someone is passing me on the right.  You can get mad about it but it won't change what they do and you''ll just raise your BP and wear out your horn faster.  I hate when (particularly taxis) ride in both lanes to prevent anyone from passing them in either so it would be hypocritical of me to do so.  Therefore, I'll only do it when no one is behind me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
to_dave007

Keep up this driving behaviour and one day you are going to hit one of those oncoming drivers who upset you so much by being in "YOUR" lane.

And when you do. you'll discover that there is a law in PI that you aren't familiar with from your home country.

"The last person who has an OPPORTUNITY to avoid an accident, has the OBLIGATION to do so" 

So..  if you hit one of those oncoming motorcycles..  and injure a child riding behind..  would you like to guess what happens?

• Like 6
SkyMan
2 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Are you sure?  It seems to be a "thing" that youtube does when they do not want that video embedded.  It is youtube who is changing the link.  How are you managing to get around that?

I think you get the youtu.be when you click the share button?  I'm asking because I don't know.  Anyway, just cut & paste from the address bar.  The forum software will then turn the link into the embedded video.

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Goetz1965 said:

But even BOSSES arnt allowed to counterflow in my lane 

I see it different than you.

I see you as the driver who will not conform to local norms.  You have lots of space to the right of you but insist on "standing your ground".  One of the first rules of driving is to go with the traffic flow.  Now if you need to hear it from a first world, driver's education school, then here it is:

Never insist on taking the right-of-way. Note that the law does not allow anyone the right-of-way. It only states who must yield. When a driver is legally required to yield the right-of-way but fails to do so, other drivers are required to stop or yield as necessary for safety. So, if another driver does not yield to you when he or she should, forget it. Let the other driver go first.

https://driversed.com/driving-information/signs-signals-and-markings/right-of-way.aspx

• Like 4
shadow
7 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

I see it different than you.I see you as the driver who will not conform to local norms. 

Yes, and in doing so, makes us all look like pr*cks.

Thanks for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Here's a dashcam you may find interesting.  Sorry for the fb link.

https://web.facebook.com/1357001205/videos/10215153609257720/

By the way that guy was driving, it looked like he just stole the vehicle and was making his getaway. Did you find out what happened? 

Richard K

Just looks like normal traffic to me.. nothing to blow a gasket over

• Like 1

In these videos horn is nearly useless but flashing the headlights and slowing down is the fix or if clear on my right side move over so he can keep passing, your lucky you have two lanes on each side we only have one lane so occasionally I'll have to take to the side of the road if it's a bus.

I drive slowly and won't take chances but have been caught or stuck in the on coming lane and the drivers will pull over to the right similar to what is expected of me, abnormal traffic is the norm.

• Like 2
Richard K
5 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

abnormal traffic is the norm.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

please read this thread

accident at srp, driver of truck put in jail

he had NO chance to avoid the accident

even you are in the right you still can end up in deep sh*t

Edited by Woolf
to_dave007

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

Here's a dashcam you may find interesting.  Sorry for the fb link.

https://web.facebook.com/1357001205/videos/10215153609257720/

Foreigner that I know recently posted photo's and video of himself teaching his girlfriends 12 year old son how to drive.  They have two vehicles and the foreigner is out of the country a lot.  Girlfriend parties it up while he's away.  This is what I expect will happen one day with the boy.