Best Place to Live in Cebu

I am currently living in The Philippines and so know most general things ... but I want to relocate to Cebu City (or very near) with my wife and High School age child ... I would appreciate any advice on where best to live to be within easy reach of Cebu City at a reasonable cost. I want to rent (I currently pay P15000 for a 3 bed house but am prepared for the fact I might have to pay more) and would either like to be within walking distance of the City Centre (I saw online a property in Malobo for about P30,000 - which seems reasonable) or outside the city but on a bus route. I have read that Banilad is worth exploring and I also wonder about Talisay or CarCar. I also would like a good High School nearby and to be not too far from the best hospitals, as I am retired. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks, Dylan.

Headshot

What are you willing to pay for a "good" school?