• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• musicman666

• smokey

• Supple Steve

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bob wrote in his blog myphilippinelife.com: “A stable, monogamous married life is prudent. A taste for young boys has gotten many foreigners into trouble. Chasing young women can also expose you to al

Personally my main defence now is to have zero casual relations with locals ...can’t be bothered with trying to run the gauntlet of not inadvertently pissing off their fragile egos ...from my own pers

My first 5 years here I had problems dealing with and understanding the locals. My second 5 years, not so much. The last 5 years, only one time has there been a problem with a very drunken local. I di

Posted Images

Supple Steve
21 minutes ago, shadow said:

Where did I say I had a problem with expats slandering me? I said many expats seem to be backstabbing, rumormonging pussies.

But switch that to read what you wish. You have proven my point better than I could have myself.

You've stated that you're the target of malicious gossip more than once...should I dig up your posts?   

As for Filipinos, I've traveled most of my life and always pride myself in relating to the common locals.  It seems to be a wasted effort here, except for a very few open-minded locals who have something going on in their own lives.  Those friendships are enduring and will last a lifetime. Maybe you have the same high standards, but you portray yourself differently, for whatever reasons.  Perhaps, that is the confusion here.

Good day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
A_Simple_Man
3 minutes ago, Supple Steve said:

I've traveled most of my life and always pride myself in relating to the common locals.

Do I need to dig up the post where you called the locals smiley faced idiots or do you recall it?

Supple Steve
6 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Do I need to dig up the post where you called the locals smiley faced idiots or do you recall it?

Dig it up so you don't misquote me.  I said avoid those type of locals because they are mindless idiots.  Big difference.  Your credibility is taking a nose dive with posts like this.

edit: I didn't come to this forum to make trouble, but some of you are argumentative twats and/or completely full of shit...and I'm gonna call a spade a spade.

Edited by Supple Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
sugbu777

Didn't take long to use the ignore feature.

A_Simple_Man
4 minutes ago, Supple Steve said:

I didn't come to this forum to make trouble, but some of you are argumentative twats and/or completely full of shit...and I'm gonna call a spade a spade.

Agreed.  Some are.  But you are calling out the good ones and making yourself look argumentative, IMHO.  You have been here 7 years so you must have a clue about life here.  If you got to know, in person, some of the guy you are calling out then you would likely understand them much better.

I suggest taking a breath and looking at things from the other persons point of view, as I am trying to do here and now.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
Just now, A_Simple_Man said:

Agreed.  Some are.  But you are calling out the good ones and making yourself look argumentative, IMHO.  You have been here 7 years so you must have a clue about life here.  If you got to know, in person, some of the guy you are calling out then you would likely understand them much better.

I suggest taking a breath and looking at things from the other persons point of view, as I am trying to do here and now.  

This place does seem to have its share of crotchety old feck ers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
shadow
15 minutes ago, Supple Steve said:

Dig it up so you don't misquote me. 

You seem to be the king of misquotes, yet you are afraid of being misquoted?

Misquote me again, and you will have the distinction of being the first person I ban from the site.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I know lots of locals that are a better person then me.

They can work harder then me, they go more often to church then me, They better can keep the relationship with the wife than me..They eat less then me, They seem more happy then me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Supple Steve
On 11/4/2017 at 9:30 AM, shadow said:

I have far more problems with the expat populace than I ever have had with the locals. The expat populace seems to have a very large percentage of backstabbing, rumor mongering pussies.

So I was wrong to infer this statement as you having been a victim of malicious gossip?  If so, forgive me.

• Thanks 2

Shadow you mentioned you drink Red Horse when out...Lol, that would have been my first hint of a sari-sari store or local hang out with low lifes.

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Thanks 1
shadow
4 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Shadow you mentioned you drink Red Horse when out...Lol, that would have been my first hint of a sari-sari store or local hang out with low lifes.

I seldom drink Red Horse, and only if cold Pilsen is not available. Red Horse is the only beer I like with Ice in it, and that is the way I prefer it. It also has a tendency of giving me the gout, so I usually avoid it if at all possible.

Rich or poor, most Filipinos seem to prefer Red Horse.

• Like 2

Okay Shadow we do agree on something Red Horse is good with ice and most people do prefer Red Horse including me if nothing else is available, it sounds like you have a nice open meeting spot for conversation, I don't live in a city but if I did I'd probably do something similar.

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 1
colemanlee
34 minutes ago, M.C.A. said:

Damn...just found out Im a low life ....

• Haha 2