Jealously really reared its ugly head this time..Does anyone know of a good lawyer in the Phils?

Thorvald

shadow
31 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Never seen ANY sign of such severe jealousy at all in my 7 years with my wife.  And she has NEVER been threatened, or kicked, or hit, or even been in a fight, or felt any need to carry a knife, let alone stick it into someone.  Not sure what makes you think that "by and large" all Filipino feel this way "every time".  I certainly don't agree.

Maybe just the ones in your neighbourhood.  Or maybe the fight wasn't about you after all.

I feel I should be thankful I don't have such drama to deal with.

This type of drama appears to be normal in his world;

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thorvald

• smokey

• shadow

• billy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This type of drama appears to be normal in his world;  

...and if she won't leave Mindanao, then start divorce proceedings in the US, beause at that point it is clear that she is playing you. However, in reality, it appears that there is something about yo

All these people go on the speculative attack when you are trying to solve a problem. Establish  her credibility, find that lawyer by a search here, move her. Use caution, honestly the guys

Posted Images

Mr. Mike

Guys... all the good advice aside... the OP asked for the name of a good lawyer......

just saying.....

smokey

All bullshit aside a good lawyer is not always what is needed knowing what is going on most vital to the furture most or more fighting of this type is over money then jealously and if money for what ehen and how much. Hire a detictive and hopefully he or she will not say di your husband hired me i have been thru the court process here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thorvald, there are just so many red flags relating to this situation as other posters are pointing out. As others have said, it is long past time for her to move away from such a toxic family. And, if she doesn't want to move (or didn't if you already tried) - that would be yet one more red flag.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Davaoeno
9 minutes ago, Mr. Mike said:

Guys... all the good advice aside... the OP asked for the name of a good lawyer......

just saying.....

The OP did much more than ask for the name of a lawyer- he told us an almost unbelievable story and filled it full of insults regarding filipinos ! [   "by and large" all Filipino feel this way "every time" ]

Once you start telling stories and accusing people it becomes much more than a simple request for information.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

One question...

On 11/12/2016 at 1:57 PM, Thorvald said:

The bail is set at 60,000 pesos to get the brother out, hence the reason why I am being flooded with messages on Facebook begging for my assistance from the very jealous and envious so called friends to get the brother out of jail. 

Did you pay last time? 

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man

Is she held in (and eventually going to court in) the Pagadian City in the province of Zamboanga del Sur?  If this is the place then you may want a lawyer who knows the politics of the area and is actually willing to go to the province of Zamboanga del Sur.  It is unlikely that an expat living in Cebu will have the number of such a lawyer.

If you are determined to accept this story at face value, knowing from this thread that others (including the judge) will not, then perhaps you need an arbitrator rather than a lawyer.  Someone who will negotiate how much cash it will take to get her out of jail and out of the province.  It will be cheaper and faster to play their "under the table" game and if she does not wish to leave Zamboanga province once you get her out of jail then you need to start re-examining your relationship.

• Like 3

Why was she carrying a knife? You as her husband if you knew she had to carry a knife and it was dangerous why didn't you move her out of there? Looks like you have some of the blame

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Is she held in (and eventually going to court in) the Pagadian City in the province of Zamboanga del Sur?  If this is the place then you may want a lawyer who knows the politics of the area and is actually willing to go to the province of Zamboanga del Sur.  It is unlikely that an expat living in Cebu will have the number of such a lawyer.

If you are determined to accept this story at face value, knowing from this thread that others (including the judge) will not, then perhaps you need an arbitrator rather than a lawyer.  Someone who will negotiate how much cash it will take to get her out of jail and out of the province.  It will be cheaper and faster to play their "under the table" game and if she does not wish to leave Zamboanga province once you get her out of jail then you need to start re-examining your relationship.

This is the best advice for such a situation, in my opinion.  It is common here for charges to be dropped if the complaining party is unwilling to continue.  Of course, that is not likely to happen without some sort of compensation.  Blood money if you prefer.

Perhaps there is a member living in that area who can connect you with someone who will serve as a go between.

Getting a lawyer involved is a possibility, but that starts the costs rapidly rising as retainer fees and appearance fees become necessary.

From what you’ve said so far, I’d suggest that you do not get directly involved by coming here.  

• Like 2
Davaoeno

One of the attorneys that I use is a muslim from Cotabato .  I have asked him for a referral .  I assume you do realize that Pagadian is deep in Muslim territory ?   And that having someone local might be a big advantage ?

• Like 4
Supple Steve

I recently dealt with something similar, although non-violent and not as extreme.  Just harassment, but jealousy does exist here, especially if you're living in a poorer region.  Moving away is the best option, but it's not easy for most of us to run away with our tail between our legs, so sometimes we tend to stay much too long, wear out our welcome, and make the situation even worse.  Sorry, no legal advice, but once this has all passed you need to get your family out of there, TS.   Good luck to ya.     

• Like 1
A_Simple_Man
24 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It is unlikely that an expat living in Cebu will have the number of such a lawyer.

9 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

One of the attorneys that I use is a muslim from Cotabato .  I have asked him for a referral

AHA.  I forgot we have expat members living in Mindanao.   Now I wonder if the Muslim lawyer will also recommend a settlement and if the Op could have saved a lot of money by finding an arbitrator :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Jawny said:

This is the best advice for such a situation, in my opinion.  It is common here for charges to be dropped if the complaining party is unwilling to continue.  Of course, that is not likely to happen without some sort of compensation.  Blood money if you prefer.

Perhaps there is a member living in that area who can connect you with someone who will serve as a go between.

Getting a lawyer involved is a possibility, but that starts the costs rapidly rising as retainer fees and appearance fees become necessary.

From what you’ve said so far, I’d suggest that you do not get directly involved by coming here.  

that is the best advice so far on this pay for them to drop the charges. if not you will spend more for the lawyer and who knows where that will get you.