Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Burglary - Room alarm system

Goetz1965

Maybe you have the same situation - some of your rooms arnt really good protected angainst burglars - someone could easily reach the window without getting noticed - but its difficult to install frames or more. Fr this I was looking for a simple and not too expensive alarm system - and today I found one at Metro Ayala Center (down in Hardware).

Its a indoor infrared alarm from YALE and costs 1100php - test showed that the 130db siren IS loud (everyone in the store WAS looking hehehe).
Needs just 4 AA batteries and can easily be installed with Tape or screws - plus theres a possible externat antenny that can be attached additionally.

https://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/products/yale-alarms/standalone-alarms/saa5030---yale-additional-siren-for-saa5010saa5020-alarms/

IMG_7995.jpg

Soarking

I installed a motion detector in both my bedrooms as well as alarms on all the doors.  I also installed a smoke detector with a 10 year battery at the top of the stairs between the two bedrooms.  And an emergency light in the living room shining up the stairs and towards the front door.  The light works great when we have our brown outs.

lamoe
hyaku
15 minutes ago, Soarking said:

I installed a motion detector in both my bedrooms as well as alarms on all the doors.  I also installed a smoke detector with a 10 year battery at the top of the stairs between the two bedrooms.  And an emergency light in the living room shining up the stairs and towards the front door.  The light works great when we have our brown outs.

I installed a gas detector. I just don't trust these regulators here. The domed rubber washer inside flattens out.

Goetz1965

Yes theres a 10sec delay to disarm.

The one I use is quite easy to handle - Put in the batteries and directly enter a 4 digit code to use to disarm.

Place the unit anywhere - Press 4 on the keypad to arm - then you have 30sec to leave - the unit gives a beep when it arms and the LED lights up.
When you enter the area and the unit detects you it beeps short 1 time - then you have 10sec to disarm with the 4digit code. After that 10 sec it sounds. You then still can disarm it (silent) by entering the 4 digit code - but a burglar usually doesnt know.
After the unit was disarmed just press 4 again to arm.

RR3

A German Shepherd will do the job. Or if You wanna kill them at site a pitbull/rotweiler.

Also You get a friend for life, a loyal companion who will follow You into any fire. A family member who loves kids. Wouldn't change to any alarm, he knows everything what's going on. All pinoy afraid of big pure breed. I like it.

Monsoon

I have a keen interest in this as well as I am planning to install CCTV and some sort of alarm system into a house in the PH. I have a very good CCTV and alarm setup in my homes in the states. I'm considering some "PH specific" things that I might do  for the Phils property. While I'm not so excited about posting all those details on an open forum, I would be keen to discuss procurement of materials and so forth locally. 

As it stands now, I'm going to bring over the DVR and cameras for the CCTV from the states, get the cables locally.

I hope to find a competent installer, but I'm not holding my breath. Thinking about bringing my US based alarm guy over for a gratis vacation to the Phils! 

Alarm wise, I'll probably do some combination of Z-wave and  IFTT stuff as there won't be any response one can count in in this country without contracting a guard service to be there on site all the time to begin with. 

smokey

You guys are missing one small item ok now you know someone is in your house you.  A. Run as fast as you can.  Or B. Your run faster. Or C. Your alarm makes so much noise your neighbor calls his cousin a pnp who comes over to arrest you for disturb ing the piece but he runs into the worlds slowest burgler

Goetz1965

I have my Arnis stick in my bedroom - as long a burglar has no gun he should better run !

Dogs arnt allowed in our subdisvision - yeah because the company knows that usually bought are those noisy barking floormats here ... If I get me a dog than its a great dane ... Eats a burglar in just 1 attempt and leaves no trace hahaha

rattan_sticks.png