Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Thomson

Back up 18% today, but some people prefer to only point out the negatives for some reason. 

• Like 2

Ozepete
46 minutes ago, Thomson said:

Back up 18% today, but some people prefer to only point out the negatives for some reason. 

Hi Thomson, can you explain what Bitcoin Gold is and your thoughts about its future?  

Thanks. Ozepete

• Like 1

Thomson
15 hours ago, Ozepete said:

Hi Thomson, can you explain what Bitcoin Gold is and your thoughts about its future?  

Thanks. Ozepete

I don't really see any direct purpose for Bitcoin Gold compared to Bitcoin classic. Bitcoin Cash on the other hand might be useful in the future because it is like an improved version of Bitcoin classic. 

I do think Bitcoin Gold can be a good investment right now. As you can see, even a forked version of Bitcoin which is called Bitcoin Cash which has no direct purpose for now has gone up quite a bit in price this month (from $300 to $1500), and I wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin Gold one day will do the same, but the problem right now is that there's not many exchanges who accept Bitcoin Gold as of today, but that can change soon or later whenever someone finds a good purpose for it, then it just needs to hit the media and more exchanges will start adopting it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thomson

All right guys, we're back at $7250. After Bitcoin hit the all time high last week of $7900, and the news came out about the cancellation of the Segwit2x fork, the price crashed towards $5500. 

I'll admit it, yes I squeezed my butt cheeks together a bit and was holding my chair tight, it was quite a ride. Now that we have climbed back up it seems like $10,000 is back in sight and i'm pretty sure we'll be hitting that soon.

$5500 was a good time to buy, but if the prices had dropped even more it could have easily gone down to $4500, but that is too late now. It seems like the uptrend is confirmed again and we will hit a new all time high very soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul
On 11/13/2017 at 2:22 PM, Davaoeno said:

Bitcoin Plunges 29% From Record High

By 
Justina Lee

and 

Yuji Nakamura
November 13, 2017, 10:05 AM GMT+8 Updated on November 13, 2017, 12:28 PM GMT+8

While bitcoin cash surged over the weekend, it hasn’t been a straight line up. The cryptocurrency was trading at $1,325 at 11:53 a.m. in Hong Kong, down from a high of about $2,478 on Sunday, Coinmarketcap.com prices show.

Bitcoin has been similarly volatile; it initially rose after news that it would avoid another split, but the gains were short-lived. It’s now trading at $5,948 after touching a record $7,882 on Wednesday.

It broke $9,000 USD.

https://www.coinbase.com/dashboard

billy
5 minutes ago, Paul said:

It broke $9,000 USD.

https://www.coinbase.com/dashboard

How can this be Paul? In January it was 1200 now 9000. If something sounds to good to be true. Well this seems that way. Isn't this crazy?

Thomson

It doesn't really matter to those who have bought at $1200. They'll just sell it at $10,000 and have a laugh at the bank.  It's reality, not a dream. Don't pretend like nobody warned you in advance. 

Prices can climb up to $15,000 easily within the coming months and drop significantly again after that. That's just how it goes. For the people who just buy and re-sell it for a profit that doesn't matter at all.

Bitcoin might not always stay this high as it is now, but it still has plenty of room to go up even more. To those who make a profit it's all normal, but to those looking at it on the sideline they have a hard time accepting the facts. 

For example: a 29% drop after a 600% increase, that's nothing to worry about. However, the higher Bitcoin goes the smaller the drops will be, but the more it will be worth.

Edited by Thomson
  • Thanks 1

Paul
4 hours ago, billy said:

How can this be Paul? In January it was 1200 now 9000. If something sounds to good to be true. Well this seems that way. Isn't this crazy?

No idea, man. I'm new to all this. @Thomson is Mr. Magic, regarding BTC and other crypto. I'm sure it has made a lot of people millionaires by now.

• Like 1

billy
3 hours ago, Paul said:

No idea, man. I'm new to all this. @Thomson is Mr. Magic, regarding BTC and other crypto. I'm sure it has made a lot of people millionaires by now.

Yes for sure 9400 now 

Goetz1965

I know all about Cryptocurrencies - and I know what goes up must go down - and vice versa ... Hahaha

Bitcoin jumped over the weekend - so next stop is 10.000 ?
But why buy 1 Bitcoin when with that money you can buy 15 Ethereum or Dash ? gThat ives you 15 times the profit ...?

I just wait for bitfinex to approve my account so I can buy coins - hopefully next year Im a millionair then ... Hahaha

Thomson

Bitcoin will not just stop going up when it hits $10,000 - it will go to $15,000 or so. 

However, you are right. ETH is a better investment right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Thomson said:

ETH is a better investment right now.

OK, you are the guru, but I am reminded of the early days of paper money.  Confederate dollars were all the rage at one time. But eventually the Yankee dollars were the winners and the Confederate dollars were worthless.  I see history repeating here and a person needs to be sure they are backing the winner or they could end up very broke. 

The question in my mind is:  Who are the losers?  You cannot make "everyone" into millionaires without printing inflated money.  If some people are getting rich, where is that money coming from?  Who are the ones paying for you to get rich?

Paul
16 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Who are the ones paying for you to get rich?

They are living in cardboard boxes under a bridge, right about now. 

For the most part, I went in on coins that are really cheap at the moment. If they go somewhere, I make out okay. If not, I haven't ventured anything more than I could afford to lose. 

• Like 1

Paul

Here is a site that offers live updates on currencies: 

BTC to USD

Edited by Paul

rep1
15 hours ago, A_Simple_Man said:

The question in my mind is:  Who are the losers?  You cannot make "everyone" into millionaires without printing inflated money.  If some people are getting rich, where is that money coming from?  Who are the ones paying for you to get rich?

money is just a number, easily inflated and deflated. It's not a buy and sell situation.

people who don't buy now might lose a lot.