Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

rep1

A huge part is being transferred from other coins into Bitcoin Cash?!

But if I exchange others with Bitcoin Cash I'd have to pay the transaction fee for a second time? can't buy it directly from bank...

Paul
11 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Bitcoin Cash

Gone up a bit, hasn't it? 

broden
38 minutes ago, Paul said:

has a hard fork coming on the 13th for bit coin cash  i suspect since the fork for regular bitcoin has been either cancelled or pushed back money is being transferred to take advantage of the bitcoin cash fork to get the new coin.. though i don't think there are new coin being issued with this fork it's really just a code upgrade(i think)  ... people are use to forks meaning a new coin type being issued... just the same way bitcoin cash and gold came in to being

Edited by broden
  • Like 1

rep1
1 hour ago, Paul said:

200%!! That means I lost half my money :( 

Contango

I have a Bitcoin wallet on my old hard drive that has about 0.0006 BTC in it, back in the day there used to be a site called bitcoin faucet, you could click a button once a day and get free bitcoin.

• Like 1

Thomson

Yeah Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has gone up quite a bit but Bitcoin will go back up as well... this is a healthy correction, and it's a good time to buy.

I'm lucky I got free BCH in August this year, as everyone did who was holding BTC, and seems like it's going through the roof now, it's worth more than $50,000 now. It went up 500% this month and might be going up even more as it seems.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 3

Paul
9 hours ago, Contango said:

I have a Bitcoin wallet on my old hard drive that has about 0.0006 BTC in it, back in the day there used to be a site called bitcoin faucet, you could click a button once a day and get free bitcoin.

Don't spend that $3.77 in one place. :D

Contango
14 hours ago, Contango said:

I actually logged into my old bit coin talk forum account last night, first time in about 5 years, turns out i joined in Feb 2011, very early days for BTC, was trading at about 75c USD then and the bitcoin faucet used to hand out 0.05 BTC per day, so im guessing my BTC wallet has maybe 0.3 or 4 in it...almost worth a recovery effort.

• Like 1

Thomson
11 hours ago, Contango said:

I actually logged into my old bit coin talk forum account last night, first time in about 5 years, turns out i joined in Feb 2011, very early days for BTC, was trading at about 75c USD then and the bitcoin faucet used to hand out 0.05 BTC per day, so im guessing my BTC wallet has maybe 0.3 or 4 in it...almost worth a recovery effort.

That's about $2000 in today's value.

• Like 1

billy
On 11/12/2017 at 4:49 AM, Thomson said:

Yeah Bitcoin Cash (BCH) has gone up quite a bit but Bitcoin will go back up as well... this is a healthy correction, and it's a good time to buy.

I'm lucky I got free BCH in August this year, as everyone did who was holding BTC, and seems like it's going through the roof now, it's worth more than $50,000 now. It went up 500% this month and might be going up even more as it seems.

thompson you deserve everything you make you were a believer early especially people like me were telling you different

Paul
3 minutes ago, billy said:

thompson you deserve everything you make you were a believer early especially people like me were telling you different

Not too late to get in on bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies. I did. What the heck. It's not like I'm putting a million bucks into it.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

Bitcoin Plunges 29% From Record High

By 
Justina Lee
 and 
Yuji Nakamura
November 13, 2017, 10:05 AM GMT+8 Updated on November 13, 2017, 12:28 PM GMT+8

While bitcoin cash surged over the weekend, it hasn’t been a straight line up. The cryptocurrency was trading at $1,325 at 11:53 a.m. in Hong Kong, down from a high of about $2,478 on Sunday, Coinmarketcap.com prices show.

Bitcoin has been similarly volatile; it initially rose after news that it would avoid another split, but the gains were short-lived. It’s now trading at $5,948 after touching a record $7,882 on Wednesday.

Paul
Just now, Davaoeno said:

Bitcoin Plunges 29% From Record High

It's dropped before, yet ultimately ended up over $7,000 US. That's a hell of a climb, from $.39¢ US. years ago.

Thomson

This 29% plunge is just a correction. It's not the first time it happened, and it won't be the first time it goes back up.

• Like 2