Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Daddy
3 minutes ago, Travis said:

I bought 22 coins - because more coins reduce the risk of one coin loosing it all - and more coins increase the possibility of coins rising - actually 11 of mine have doubled or more already.

Good to hear you are up double on those coins. Also beware that some of the coins out there are absolute trash, unfortunately I do not have a list of them but you can check some of the websites and find more info.

I had thought about doing what you are doing, picking several low cost coins but I think I will stick mostly with the top 100. I will not invest in all of them but I have several in my sights when the time is right for me. Of course I still have my stash of Bitcoins and Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. I've heard the Bitcoin Gold is one of those trash coins but I got it from an airdrop so it didn't cost anything. I also got the Bitcoin Cash from an airdrop or will get it in a few days as Coinbase will release those coins on Jan 1 from what I read.

To me this is the hardest part, being patient til the prices get within my range. 

Daddy

I just saw three different alerts recommending shorting of Bitcoin. The price could go up and down for another month. Some of these guys were saying it would go to 9,000. The main people I listen to say it will go to something above 8,000. I have set my potential buy in at 8350. 

They are also saying that the alt coins will probably bleed out to the tune of 80% plus from their respective highs. 

I'm preparing a list now of which and how many coins as well as target buy in price will be. 

I think this will be YOLO time. "You only live once". For me it will be time to bet the farm as I will  be all in on this, assuming the markets continue to bleed out. Of course it could also go the other way but most of the indicators from a technical analysis are pointing in that direction. From a fundamental angle cryptos are gaining wider acceptance and that is expected to continue.

Edited by Daddy
  • Like 1

billy
2 hours ago, Daddy said:

I just saw three different alerts recommending shorting of Bitcoin. The price could go up and down for another month. Some of these guys were saying it would go to 9,000. The main people I listen to say it will go to something above 8,000. I have set my potential buy in at 8350. 

They are also saying that the alt coins will probably bleed out to the tune of 80% plus from their respective highs. 

I'm preparing a list now of which and how many coins as well as target buy in price will be. 

I think this will be YOLO time. "You only live once". For me it will be time to bet the farm as I will  be all in on this, assuming the markets continue to bleed out. Of course it could also go the other way but most of the indicators from a technical analysis are pointing in that direction. From a fundamental angle cryptos are gaining wider acceptance and that is expected to continue.

You must be a professional  or is this just your opinion?

• Like 1

Thomson

@Daddy you should have gone "all in" in 2014 or 2015, like I did... that's when I was advising people to do this, many more people would have made millions.

At this point if Bitcoin crashes below $9000 we will not see it going back up to where it was before anymore. The main reason are the transaction fees.   In this case, Bitcoin Cash will take over and eventually go higher than what it is now. 

I had about $13,500 in BCH (BCH $300) in October. Today, about 2 months later, it's worth about $125,000 (BCH $2850)
This means that Bitcoin would have to go from $8500 to $85,000 for you to get the same kind of profits.
Well, that's just not going to happen with Bitcoin unfortunately... at this point it's better to invest in other coins. 

You can still achieve such goals easily with altcoins but with BTC you are risk shooting yourself in the foot because a crash at this stage doesn't mean it will go back up anymore. It would not be a correction.

That being said i'm still holding BTC despite selling most around $18,000 - but the only reason why i'm still holding those is because I bought them in the $1000-$2000 range so in case BTC does rally up again or eventually crashes - i'll still make profits both ways.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 1

rep1
12 hours ago, Thomson said:

At this point if Bitcoin crashes below $9000 we will not see it going back up to where it was before anymore. The main reason are the transaction fees.   In this case, Bitcoin Cash will take over and eventually go higher than what it is now. 

I had about $13,500 in BCH (BCH $300) in October. Today, about 2 months later, it's worth about $125,000 (BCH $2850)
This means that Bitcoin would have to go from $8500 to $85,000 for you to get the same kind of profits.
Well, that's just not going to happen with Bitcoin unfortunately... at this point it's better to invest in other coins. 

Where is the indication of future growth??

Sds8V6s.png

all the climbs are rather abrupt...??

Thomson
12 hours ago, rep1 said:

Where is the indication of future growth??

all the climbs are rather abrupt...??

Welcome to cryptoworld. 

rep1
3 hours ago, Thomson said:

Welcome to cryptoworld. 

Bitcoin and ETH aren't like that.

Did you not notice Bitcoin Cash always raised very sharply and then slowly went down?

Thomson
55 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Bitcoin and ETH aren't like that.

Did you not notice Bitcoin Cash always raised very sharply and then slowly went down?

In August, all BTC wallets at that time, got an equal amount of BCH for free (1:1). When I noticed it went down dramatically I sold a chunk of my BCH and started holding the rest.

Then a 2 months later while holding it went up to where it is now... i'm pretty happy with my decision to have kept some of it. Now i'm a bit sad I sold most of my BCH when it went down, but hey it's like free money!

Edited by Thomson

Daddy
On 12/27/2017 at 6:43 PM, billy said:

You must be a professional  or is this just your opinion?

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Contango

Ripple is meant to have some potential, not an endorsement - just sayin.

https://ripple.com/

Daddy
51 minutes ago, Contango said:

Ripple is meant to have some potential, not an endorsement - just sayin.

https://ripple.com/

I agree, it has a utility purpose whereas most alts do not have a utility purpose. That is not to say they will not or cannot be used in some way. Hopefully they will used in some way to help disrupt the status quo of banksters and wall (thieves) street. 

I bought Ripple at  $.227 and sold it recently for a nice profit.

Edited by Daddy

billy
On December 28, 2017 at 1:24 AM, Thomson said:

@Daddy you should have gone "all in" in 2014 or 2015, like I did... that's when I was advising people to do this, many more people would have made millions.

You can still achieve such goals easily with altcoins but with BTC you are risk shooting yourself in the foot because a crash at this stage doesn't mean it will go back up anymore. It would not be a correction.

That being said i'm still holding BTC despite selling most around $18,000 - but the only reason why i'm still holding those is because I bought them in the $1000-$2000 range so in case BTC does rally up again or eventually crashes - i'll still make profits both ways.

Thompson you deserve all you make. When everyone thought you were crazy including me you knew what you were doing or at least had the balls to take the risk. 

Thomson

I wish I had bought Ripple just last week... was thinking about it but didn't make the move. However, I made nice profit with NLC2 again... from $0.13 to $0.21 today in just a week. 

I'm sure when NLC2 skyrockets it will will make 10x fold profits. I'm holding this one tight.

Thomson

NLC2 is the perfect coin to make quick cash in a few days. I've been making 20% to 50% steadily on a weekly basis with this one. I usually don't trade much... I like to wait until profits just fall from the trees, but with NLC2 it's so obvious... they keep pumping and dumping it continuously.

I love this coin, and i'm sure it will soon or later go into the $1.00 - $2.00 range 

Daddy

The banks are fighting back.  Copied from CCN.COM

Get Trading Recommendations and Read Analysis on Hacked.com for just $39 per month.

Bitcoin investors in Australia have claimed that major banks including National Australia Bank, ANZ, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Westpac Banking Corporation, have started to freeze the bank accounts of cryptocurrency traders without prior notice.

Major Banks Called Out

Earlier this week, Australian cryptocurrency trader Alex Saunder publicly called out all of the major banks in Australia that have had a history of treating cryptocurrency traders unfairly, despite the criticism of the Australian government.

In May, the Australian government released the 2017-18 budget which contained the elimination of double taxation on the trading of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Given the controversy around some of the country’s largest banks unfairly closing down the accounts of cryptocurrency traders and businesses, the government also reaffirmed that it will provide a friendlier ecosystem for both cryptocurrency businesses and users.

“The Government will make it easier for new innovative digital currency businesses to operate in Australia. From 1 July 2017, purchases of digital currency will no longer be subject to the GST, allowing digital currencies to be treated just like money for GST purposes,” the budget read.

Still, regardless of the efforts of the Australian government to revive its cryptocurrency and fintech industries that have struggled to see success for many years due to the unfair treatment of businesses, Australian banks are reportedly refusing to provide services to fintech businesses like bitcoin exchanges and brokerages.

CoinSpot, one of the few remaining cryptocurrency exchanges processing Australian dollar (AUD)-to-bitcoin trades, stated that the company has placed a temporary restriction on all forms of AUD deposits, because of the lack of banking services provided by local financial institutions.

“We assure you we are just as unhappy with the situation as you, but unfortunately Australian banks have been so far unwilling to work with the digital currency industry which leads to frequent account closures and strict limits on accounts whilst they remain operational, in effect debanking our industry,” said CoinSpot.

Bitcoin Babe AU, another Australian cryptocurrency trader, revealed two documents sent by ANZ, announcing the closure of the trader’s bank accounts. The two documents provided a vague explanation for the closure of the client’s bank accounts. They read:

How do you get banned from a bank?... unless you're deliberately breaching the terms and conditions of holding an account with them

This is a letter I received a few weeks ago. Also included was a T&C's booklet. I've highlighted the clause they are referring to. 
I have a PTY/LTD company, paying tax, registered with the OAIC and conduct all relevant KYC/AML/CTF checks. pic.twitter.com/DShAZPIjyi

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

“In accordance with the Business Transaction Account Terms and Conditions, ANZ gives you notice of its intention to exercise its discretion to close the above accounts effective 30 January 2018.

ANZ may exercise its discretion to close an account due to unsatisfactory conduct for any other reason it considers appropriate.”

Commonwealth Bank Says it Does Not Recommend Cryptocurrencies

A Commonwealth Bank spokesperson also Sydney Morning Herald in an interview that it does not embrace cryptocurrencies because the institution believes they have not been regulated. But, evidently, lack of regulation is not a viable reason to close down the accounts of traders, given that the Australian government has regulated bitcoin as a currency.

“However, we do not currently use or recommend any existing virtual currencies as we do not believe they have yet met a minimum standard of regulation, reliability, and reputation compared to other currencies that we offer to our customers”.

The Australian government eliminated double taxation on bitcoin in June to revive its local cryptocurrency and bitcoin markets. Without proper banking services, the Australian cryptocurrency industry will not be able to compete with other regions like Singapore and Hong Kong with friendly regulations.