Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Daddy
29 minutes ago, samatm said:

I Have only used Oanda for FX trading.. and learning.   I was/have been extremely  happy with Oanda.   Its really an amazing system they have.    I am not actively trading and frankly  have been away from it for  some time.  I do however heartily endorse the Oanda ...  EAse of use,  depth of knowledge available, great training platform allows you ALL the tools as a paid up account..  Low entry account.  Low minimum levels.  At one point my account ran for a Year with only a s 1.00  Balance.  

Thanks for the info, I will check out Oanda when I get time.

So you have not tried any crypto yet? If not I'm curious as to why not. The main reason I wan't in it earlier is other investments tied up capital. I have been in crypto a little over a year now and have begun to learn a little about it. One of the things I like is the 24/7 trading which is truly a worldwide market. 

samatm
4 minutes ago, Daddy said:

Thanks for the info, I will check out Oanda when I get time.

So you have not tried any crypto yet? If not I'm curious as to why not. The main reason I wan't in it earlier is other investments tied up capital. I have been in crypto a little over a year now and have begun to learn a little about it. One of the things I like is the 24/7 trading which is truly a worldwide market. 

Fear of the Unknown and lack of  excess capitol floating around    I have tried to reamain somewhat knowledgable and  will get involved with BC, lite coin and Dash.     Also there is this thing called Airbit club...which looks like a ponzi ...but they ahve good speil and say they can make your 1K turn into 2100 in 10 months... valued in BC. . will see.

Contango

BTC now closing in on a new low, BTC has held up much better than some of the others XRP and ETC in the second stage of the sell off, some potential for a massive sell off if BTC breaks below the last low, a proper rout would see BTC go under 5K.

• Like 1

Davaoeno

A team of Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML) researchers is arguing that bitcoin is one of the "greatest asset price bubbles in history."

In a note released Sunday, the team led by chief investment strategist Michael Hartnett went so far as to categorize the current market, which has seen a 60 percent correction so far in 2017, as a bubble that is already popping, Bloomberg reported.

The bank published a chart comparing bitcoin with famous financial manias: the Mississippi Company and South Sea Company in the 18th century, gold, the U.S. stock market in 1929 and the Dutch tulip bubble in 1637.

baml-1-728x524.png

A published chart shows that the bitcoin bubble has the greatest asset price appreciation by a significant margin. At its peak, bitcoin's price was nearly 60 times what it had been three years before. Dutch tulip prices only rose by a factor of around 40, the researchers said.

According to CoinDesk's Bitcoin Price Index, bitcoin peaked at $19,783 on Dec. 17. At the time of writing, it trades at $6,835.

BAML's chart shows the aftermath of famous historical bubbles as well as their run-up, indicating that once prices crash, they remain at their new, lower levels.

The same has not proved true of bitcoin so far, however. The recent bitcoin bubble is not history's - or event bitcoin's - greatest bubble. The price of bitcoin shot up 120-fold in 2010 and 2011, to around $11, before crashing. Its rise in 2013 and 2014 was also much steeper than the recent bull market.

That being said, comparisons between the 2017 bubble and previous ones are unfair. The 2017-2018 bubble had more capital invested in the market than either 2010-2011 or 2013-2014.

The same factor complicates comparisons between bitcoin and the stock market. For example, in August 1929, the New York Stock Exchange's listings were worth well over $1 trillion, adjusted for inflation.

Bubbles image via Shutterstock.

The leader in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the highest journalistic standards and abides by a strict set of editorial policies. CoinDesk is an independent operating subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.

BTW- there are also articles that say the opposite !! lol

• Like 1

Ozepete

Really! Two years ago (April 2016) Bitcoin was $413.00   One year ago it was $1162 and now today it is $6907.00 

That is about a 1,670% increase over two years! 

Does anyone have any better investment gains than that? 

Cgu
25 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Really! Two years ago (April 2016) Bitcoin was $413.00   One year ago it was $1162 and now today it is $6907.00 

Well, if you read my post above, the play would have you made around 3000% in less than 7 days (if you were brave enough just in one day...but I am not brave). Now, it will depend if the company will be delisted, that would be great (for me), as then I just sold shares, which I do not even have to buy back:) - free lunch can exist....

Edited by Cgu

Davaoeno
26 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

On December 17 2017 it was $19,086

Today it is     $7584

not so much a gain if you bought it in december 2017  lol

• Like 1

Contango

Its not so much what you're buying its when...timing is so so underrated.

• Like 3

Daddy

I just bought some Ethereum for $192.87. I think it will go up later this year or early next. We will see....

savarity

I use bitcoin, but I don't want to own bitcoin. The products I buy are demoninated in dollars. So it doesn't matter to me (or the seller) if 1 bitcoin cost $10,000 or $10.

Cgu
20 hours ago, Daddy said:

I just bought some Ethereum for $192.87. I think it will go up later this year or early next. We will see....

Gutsy!! But only through testing (invest) in the market you get results and a feeling for it. 

Hope it works out.....really no other thing to go on...

Wonder why it got so beaten up....some people might know something, but mostly the dumping is done "quietly" before the free fall, meaning the dumping already happened if one occured. (maybe because of Holochain?)

Edited by Cgu

Daddy
On 9/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Cgu said:

I bailed on the Ethereum buy. I lost $2 per coin on part and 3$ on the other. It is still falling. At $171 or so at this point. I think it will keep falling, have placed buy orders at $110 and spread out all the way down to $57 per coin. Will it get this low? I don't know just an uneducated guess at this point.

Cgu
13 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I bailed on the Ethereum buy. I lost $2 per coin on part and 3$ on the other. It is still falling. At $171 or so at this point. I think it will keep falling, have placed buy orders at $110 and spread out all the way down to $57 per coin. Will it get this low? I don't know just an uneducated guess at this point.

Good on you. I really cannot comment to much on this strategy, as I never buy stocks (or other investments) on the way down - as I suppose a lot of people do, thinking maybe its cheap or it has to reverse. I always (always) buy on the up and then keep on piling?, so I do not have to trade with my own money. If it does go down on my first portion of "testing the market" I always cut it at around 10& (depending on the stock). So, as they say, limit your losses and maximize your gains.....

I the meantime I had a go at TLRY and now I do not have to play anymore with my own money? (piled already twice), but I keep it on a short leash... 

savarity

I buy securities when they go on sale, but that's based on a personal analysis of what the price should be.

However, when talking about these coins, what "should" the price be? I don't have a clue, or any method of valuing them... so I just leave them alone. I think everyone is guessing at this point.

Cgu
8 hours ago, savarity said:

I buy securities when they go on sale

Well then this week you had a good week. I did (do) that as well, but only starting with a "small" play and then depending on direction "piling" and tight leash.

No currency can be really valued as they are fiat. There is no intrinsic value, some have guarantee some not.

Cgu
On 9/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, Cgu said:

I the meantime I had a go at TLRY and now I do not have to play anymore with my own money? (piled already twice), but I keep it on a short leash... 

I know is about bitcoin, but this TLRY is getting ridiculous .. I might even beat performances of bitcoins..I already piled 4 times on it and have tighten the leash even more (7%). I doubled in less than a week....go figure...well will fly business class for a while longer?