Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Travis

RE YOU GUYS WATCHING THIS?

It is down to 16,100 and falling !!

Travis

And now 15,300

Thomson

You had to switch to BCH yesterday or today, as I mentioned here.
Bitpay announced yesterday it's going to accept Bitcoin Cash. 

You need to keep reading the news all the time.

Daddy

Where are you seeing that? on crypto currency market cap is in 17k range.

Just now updated to 16.8k

Travis

Switch ?  why?

Coinbase has Bitcoin cash now

Thomson
19 hours ago, Thomson said:

This article is exactly why i'm stacking up Bitcoin Cash and getting rid of my Bitcoin classic.

I traded most of my BTC to BCH about 1 day ago because I had a feeling this was going to happen after a co-founder of Bitcoin mentioned in the media that he sold all his BTC and is looking at BCH as the future. 

Then now a few hours ago this rise started to happen. I'm having such a big boner here.

• Like 1

broden

for clarity sake it was a founder of bitcoin.com not bitcoin itself

Thomson
2 minutes ago, broden said:

for clarity sake it was a founder of bitcoin.com not bitcoin itself

That was a typo indeed bitcoin.com but I knew this was going to happen after such articles start popping up.
Yesterday, Bitpay.com has announced it's integration Bitcoin Cash. I didn't read this article, just found it out about an hour ago.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bch-surges-above-2000-following-bitpay-integration-announcement

Paul
1 hour ago, Thomson said:

I'm having such a big boner here.

Too Much Information.

• Like 1

Oz Jon

I don't really want to rain on your parades....but ....

...............most (maybe all?) you guys are talking about "unrealised profits" (paper profits) or profits in crypto-currency.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has real-world "realised profits" in the form of a suitcase full of US$ notes! ( or Euros, or A$ or any other good currency) or a bank credit entry in a good (non-crypto) currency, or maybe a new house?, or a new BMW?  ....... anything significant and tangible bought with crypto-currency "profits".

I'm sure that there must be some (quick-in-and-out) real crypto-trading winners out there, among the many hopefuls.

Edited by Oz Jon
typo

Paul
3 minutes ago, Oz Jon said:

I don't really want to rain on your parades....but ....

...............most (maybe all?) you guys are talking about "unrealised profits" (paper profits) or profits in crypto-currency.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has real-world "realised profits" in the form of a suitcase full of US$ notes! ( or Euros, or A$ or any other good currency) or a bank credit entry in a good (non-crypto) currency, or maybe a new house?, or a new BMW?  ....... anything significant and tangible bought with crypto-currency "profits".

I'm sure that there must be some (quick-in-and-out) real crypto-trading winners out there, among the many hopefuls.

Can't say I have a suitcase full of money. But, I bought a coin and sold it not long after, making 5 times my investment. I put my initial investment back into it. Waiting for it to go up again. 

So, you didn't rain on my parade.

Oz Jon
1 minute ago, Paul said:

Can't say I have a suitcase full of money. But, I bought a coin and sold it not long after, making 5 times my investment. I put my initial investment back into it. Waiting for it to go up again. 

So, you didn't rain on my parade.

Right Paul - I take that to mean that you realised  a "real world" profit of 4x your original investment (very nice!) - and that's in your pocket in US$ or some other real world currency? (or maybe you spent it on riotous living? -Lol!)

If so, Congratulations! - That's the smart way to play in this game - take your profits out and leave-in only a small wager that you can afford to lose.

Kreole
On 12/18/2017 at 2:49 AM, Paul said:

https://www.coindesk.com/information/paper-wallet-tutorial/

https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/wallet-tutorial-add-withdraw-funds/

Personally, once my coins are off the exchanges, and in their respective software wallets on my computer, I just back up the wallet.dat file from each wallet. I copy the file to each of three (3) encrypted USB flash drives. I then eject each flash drive and put them somewhere safe. Between doing that and 2fa (Two Factor Authentication), you are about as safe as you will get.

ok.  Just a further question:  let's say I sweep the active wallet on the exchange to get the cryptocurrency into my paper wallet.  Then later, I want to use a different exchange to sell cryptocurrency.  Will the other exchange recognize the "value" of my cryptocurrency in my paper wallet and allow me to trade, sell or add more cryptocurrency?

Paul
4 minutes ago, Oz Jon said:

and that's in your pocket in US$ or some other real world currency?

I took out an amount equal to the original investment, and put the other profit into another coin. Last time I checked, I was about $100 US up on each coin I bought. Initial money in was about $650 US.

Kreole

Plus500 and FXTM  are two of the exchanges listed.  Does anyone have experience with this these exchanges?  Apparently, they do not charge the high fees that Coinbase charges.  Cheaper fees are not the most important consideration.  Reliability and security are the most important.

Edited by Kreole