Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Travis
3 minutes ago, Thomson said:

Good luck with that... most stock traders have long switched to cryptocurrencies by now.

Not true at all

Crypto is a fraction of the stock market. 

The us market cap was above 25 Trillion in January. 

all cryptos combined

Not even close to the stock market

Thomson

You don't seem to get it, many stock traders who were trading stocks at home are now trading cryptocurrencies at home instead of stocks. That doesn't mean the whole stock market cap is in crypto now.

You'd really have to be a fool to not see the benefits of trading cryptos instead of stocks these days.

• Haha 2

Travis
Just now, Thomson said:

You don't seem to get it, many stock traders who were trading stocks at home are now trading cryptocurrencies at home instead of stocks. That doesn't mean the whole stock market cap is in crypto now.

You'd really have to be a fool to not see the benefits of trading cryptos instead of stocks these days.

Nope that is you that doesn't get it my friend.

Most crypto traders are average joe's and techno nerds. If stock traders jumped to crypto the stock market would have went way down as well. 

They would have pulled stock out in order to purchase Crypto. 

It is called supply and demand.

Goetz1965

Get yourself the coins.ph App and wallet
Transfer your Bitcoin to your coins.ph wallet
Transfer from the coins.ph bitcoin wallet to the coins.ph peso wallet
Cashout at lots of store eg 7Eleven - or directly to your bankaccount

Thomson
4 hours ago, Travis said:

Nope that is you that doesn't get it my friend.

Most crypto traders are average joe's and techno nerds. If stock traders jumped to crypto the stock market would have went way down as well. 

They would have pulled stock out in order to purchase Crypto. 

It is called supply and demand.

Not true at all... I met so many people who still trade stocks today and trade cryptocurrencies as well.

2 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Get yourself the coins.ph App and wallet
Transfer your Bitcoin to your coins.ph wallet
Transfer from the coins.ph bitcoin wallet to the coins.ph peso wallet
Cashout at lots of store eg 7Eleven - or directly to your bankaccount

Yes! It's awesome... when I was in Manila I cashed out at ATMs without card, just a code only. I got it within 30 mins or so after sending the coins. Pretty awesome!

Oz Jon
On 12/15/2017 at 8:16 AM, Daddy said:

........ I already have my money out of it .......

Now that is a smart way to invest!

(actually gamble, since there is no substance backing crypto currencies - their value is 100% market perception).

If you've got your original investment back (and out) you cannot lose!  - A very wise move!

maybe just in time?

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/one-co-founders-bitcoin-com-091632190.html

Edited by Oz Jon
correct a typo

Enuff

bitcoin will crash and burn, mark my words.

• Like 1

Oz Jon

There may be some merit in standing back and having a think about this crypto-currency bonanza?

Massive amounts of "crypto-value" are being "created" generating huge "unrealised profits"  to anyone (no talent or effort needed) willing to use some of their "real-world value" ( US$, gold bars, etc) to buy some of these crypto-currencies for later conversion back to "real-world-value" at a profit.

So how is this "real" value being created? ..... Nothing is getting produced, no valued service is being provided in exchange for this value growth ( the kind of activity which creates value in the real world)..... just pushing a few computer keys and some software generates value?

This kind of scenario has a lot in common with a lottery and the kind/source of "value" that "creates"? - actually, it just re-distributes wealth!

Maybe there are fairies at the bottom of someones garden who are picking the fruit off a money tree?

Edited by Oz Jon

Oz Jon

I have just recently created a new crypto-currency called the "ThankU"

I'm willing to sell you 100 "ThankU" for US$100.

My expectation is that the "ThankU" will have appreciated to US$10 each by this time next week.

So, you can potentially make US$900 profit in a week when you find a buyer next week!

Truly, a bonanza! - Hurry, stocks are limited!

ps. the value has gone up already. One of my drinking mates is offering me US$2 each for them! ... and there is a lot of other interest around the bar.... someone just offered me a "Scotch-on-the-rocks" for one!....that's a good price! - I think I'll take it!

Edited by Oz Jon
added exciting new news!

Thomson

I agree, most pump and dump coins will just disappear. Only the ones with true value will eventually stay, so that's why you have to look at coins who have some meaning, interesting features or actual products backing them. 

I remember when all those new cryptocurrencies started popping up, it was early 2014 right after Bitcoin hit $1000 for the first time. I never really took interest in any of them - I always stuck with Bitcoin and Litecoin during that time. Now when I look back at it, it would have been better if I actually had bought Ethereum, Dash and Ripple as well, but i'm very happy with what my Bitcoin profits have raked me in.

I don't think there could have been any better investment. If you do know what has performed better from 2011 until 2017 then please do share.

Paul
5 hours ago, Enuff said:

bitcoin will crash and burn, mark my words.

It may, very well, do just that. But, it may not. Regardless, cryptocurrencies are here to stay. This, I am pretty sure of.

Every day, I see more and more online businesses accepting Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Just today, I noticed where two private torrent sites, both of which I am a member, now accept crypto payments. One accepts Bitcoin only, while the other accepts multiple cryptocurrencies.

screencapture-torrenting-donate-php-1513682367144.jpg

screencapture-coinpayments-net-index-php-1513682282929.jpg

• Like 1

Thomson

Those people who say "bitcoin will crash and burn" are the same kind of people who said "who needs the internet?" during the 90s... 

• Like 1

Thomson

there was indeed the dot com bubble, and many people have made a lot of money from it... until today many of the richest people in this world are either invested in internet companies or have become rich from an internet business.

• Like 1

DeedleNuts
11 hours ago, Thomson said:

I agree, most pump and dump coins will just disappear. Only the ones with true value will eventually stay, so that's why you have to look at coins who have some meaning, interesting features or actual products backing them. 

My thinking is that BTC is enjoying a first mover advantage, but in the long term that might not make it a winner. The "currencies" built around algorithms that do useful work, are designed to support branching, and that are based on other data structures look like promising platforms for future applications, which is where the real utility is. 

So, IMO:

• BTC: First one and biggest
  • ETH: Well designed.
  • Others: Some of the ones that  do protein folding or are based on DAG rather than Merkle Trees, etc. 

But the battlefield changes by the moment so who knows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1