Sign in to follow this  
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

rep1
1 hour ago, Thomson said:

Corrections will be inevitable but at this stage i'm not sure if it will go back down below $10,000 which is a very psychological number.

but why correction? it's not just BTC all others are raising quickly.

death_by_cupcake

The top is $2M to $5M per coin.  Bitcoin bubble, nope!  This is just starting to get noticed.  Hardly nobody owns bitcoin yet, but it's being accepted at Newegg, Expedia and many other merchants.  

Each coin is divisible into one million parts by the way.  

Since inception, Bitcoin crashes every quarter dropping 20-40%.  That will be your next buying opportunity.  Load up!  All you can with money you can afford to lose.

Edited by death_by_cupcake
added content

Thomson
9 hours ago, billy said:

Thompson it must be better then sex for you. If your buy in was less then 300... lately it's all smiles for you. 

Yes it's a good feeling but I don't have all the Bitcoins from before anymore. I sold a huge chunk of them because I thought the price would drop, but then it actually doubled within a week or so. 

Another problem you get, being a foreigner in Asia - who suddenly acquires a huge stash of money... is what to do with it? In Asia you can't really do much with your money as a foreigner, and everything is a risk. That's why i'm traveling around a bit in europe now to see what the possibilities are. 

I'll be back to Asia soon but I feel no sense of security there when it comes to investing. I'll only put what I can afford to lose there, so i'm back here in europe for a while. Not really my first choice to be here, prefer to live in Asia, but I had been looking around for nearly a year or so and just couldn't find anything on which I would be able to have good sleeps on for the rest of my life.

• Like 1

Travis
On 11/29/2017 at 1:10 AM, billy said:

How much did you pay for each a t buy in? How much per coin?

BTC was about $ 10,500 and EUR was about $ 470.00

• Like 1

Thomson
On 12/7/2017 at 1:04 AM, Travis said:

BTC was about $ 10,500 and EUR was about $ 470.00

Thats good so you are already 30% up. If you would have put €10K that would be €3K in profit in just a week.

Most people have to work a whole month for that, some even 2 months... and in the Philippines this buys you half a house.

Edited by Thomson
  • Like 1

Travis
On 12/7/2017 at 12:07 PM, Thomson said:

Thats good so you are already 30% up. If you would have put €10K that would be €3K in profit in just a week.

Most people have to work a whole month for that, some even 2 months... and in the Philippines this buys you half a house.

I meant to say ETH not EUR.

So I put in $ 1500.00 total and was up about $ 600.00 at the top two days ago.  It might go down after being eso high. I am sitting back waiting untill it takes a dip before I buy more.

• Like 1

Davaoeno
6 hours ago, Travis said:

was up about $ 600.00 at the top two days ago

In my opinion you should have sold then 

HeyMike

I read somewhere that bitcoin is market driven, whereas the dollar is driven by the person at the Federal Reserve. And that is the problem with the US dollar, that the banks drive the value of the dollar and not the market. Money should be market driven and not driven by a private institution.

Thomson
2 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

In my opinion you should have sold then 

Easier said than done.

broden

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ebay-seriously-considering-accepting-bitcoin-164410989.html

Ebay is 'seriously considering' accepting bitcoin

On eBay right now, you can buy a Complete Cryptocurrency GPU Mining Rig for $2,586, or a “Just Hodl” (a bitcoin inside joke) hoodie for $33.99, or a “collectible bitcoin gift coin” for 99 cents. There are hundreds of bitcoin-related items, but you can’t pay in bitcoin. Yet.

Scott Cutler, senior vice president of eBay Americas, told Yahoo Finance in an interview this week that the online retailer is “seriously considering” accepting bitcoin, but “we’re not quite there yet.”

Not many retailers accept cryptocurrency as payment, but for one that does accept bitcoin, it’s been a boost to shares. Overstock.com (OSTK) is up more than 250% in the last six months, as it rides the bitcoin phenomenon. The web retailer is a pioneer in the cryptocurrency space, as it became the first major retailer to accept bitcoin in early 2014.

Payments in bitcoin aren’t exactly becoming commonplace, but they are slowly becoming more common: even a New York City preschool is accepting bitcoin for tuition. At some point in November, mobile-payments company Square (SQ) quietly rolled out a new feature to a small number of users on its Square Cash app: the ability to buy and hold bitcoin. Square CEO Jack Dorsey (also CEO of Twitter) told Yahoo Finance in October, “There’s nothing more impactful to our business than digital currency.”

As for eBay, it is currently focused on delivering a strong holiday season, as it tries to compete with Amazon. The retailer is working on expanding its offerings, shipping times, and return process.

Travis
1 minute ago, broden said:

This could bring the price up

Daddy

There are two main enemies of anyone that invests. One is fear, fear of losing what you have or frequently fear of humiliation by others if you fail or lose money. The other enemy is greed. To be a good investor I believe one must over come both of these enemies.

I'm constantly working on myself in both these areas as it is common to fall victim to these two emotions.

Before you go into an investment you need to have an exit strategy. One of my strategies is to sell and get my money back thereby reducing my risk to house money that was gained. For example I recently sold some Ethereum for the amount I had in all of it and kept the remainder to see how far it will go. If I seen a correction coming I will try to sell before that and take the profit.

I also sold some Litecoin for the same reason but Litecoin at increased so much that I still have a lot of coins left to run the profit.

Now I see where Ripple has increased to almost 4 times my entry cost. I will take my money off the table on that one also.

I also have some Stellar Lumens that double in 5 days. I haven't done anything with that as it is not moving one way or the other at the moment and I don't have a lot of money in it either.

I still have some Bitcoin that is a long term investment that I will not sell no matter what but I already have my money out of it as I sold some recently. Now anything I make is infinite ROI.

I'm long term bullish on Bitcoin and crypto but I also think there is a hard correction coming.

• Like 2

musicman666
16 hours ago, Daddy said:

There are two main enemies of anyone that invests. One is fear, fear of losing what you have or frequently fear of humiliation by others if you fail or lose money. The other enemy is greed. To be a good investor I believe one must over come both of these enemies.

I'm constantly working on myself in both these areas as it is common to fall victim to these two emotions.

Before you go into an investment you need to have an exit strategy. One of my strategies is to sell and get my money back thereby reducing my risk to house money that was gained. For example I recently sold some Ethereum for the amount I had in all of it and kept the remainder to see how far it will go. If I seen a correction coming I will try to sell before that and take the profit.

I also sold some Litecoin for the same reason but Litecoin at increased so much that I still have a lot of coins left to run the profit.

Now I see where Ripple has increased to almost 4 times my entry cost. I will take my money off the table on that one also.

I also have some Stellar Lumens that double in 5 days. I haven't done anything with that as it is not moving one way or the other at the moment and I don't have a lot of money in it either.

I still have some Bitcoin that is a long term investment that I will not sell no matter what but I already have my money out of it as I sold some recently. Now anything I make is infinite ROI.

I'm long term bullish on Bitcoin and crypto but I also think there is a hard correction coming.

So looking at the chart for bitcoin and just extrapolating any weird rises from that norm are to be considered a bubble?

Daddy
17 minutes ago, musicman666 said:

So looking at the chart for bitcoin and just extrapolating any weird rises from that norm are to be considered a bubble?

Sorry, but I don't understand the question. I don't know what normal is for Bitcoin or if there is such a thing as normal. One thing I know for sure; investments go up and they go down,  but they never go in a straight line. The secret is to be on the right side of the trade at something approaching the right time. 

Bubbles are created by greed with people jumping in that have never invested in anything but they see something going up, they may not know what it is, but they still think "A greater fool than me will come along and pay more money than I paid for it". Hence the "Greater Fool Theory". These can be educated people but they are being controlled by their emotions, greed.

I've heard of stories of people getting equity loans on their homes to buy bitcoin, some borrowing from credit cards etc. Seeing a bubble is not scientific and trying to predict when it will pop and prices go the other way is very difficult. 

By the way I ALWAYS know that I can be wrong about these things and I prepare for that also. 

There is one other thing I KNOW and that is I will never be 100% right on a trade by buying at its lowest possible level and selling at the highest possible price. Those are pipe dreams

Edited by Daddy
  • Like 1