Problems Logging On Read more... ×
Daddy

Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency

Davaoeno
26 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

Really! Two years ago (April 2016) Bitcoin was $413.00   One year ago it was $1162 and now today it is $6907.00 

That is about a 1,670% increase over two years! 

Does anyone have any better investment gains than that? 

On December 17 2017 it was $19,086

Today it is     $7584

not so much a gain if you bought it in december 2017  lol

• Like 1

Contango

Its not so much what you're buying its when...timing is so so underrated.

• Like 3

Daddy

I just bought some Ethereum for $192.87. I think it will go up later this year or early next. We will see....

savarity

I use bitcoin, but I don't want to own bitcoin. The products I buy are demoninated in dollars. So it doesn't matter to me (or the seller) if 1 bitcoin cost $10,000 or $10.

Cgu
20 hours ago, Daddy said:

I just bought some Ethereum for $192.87. I think it will go up later this year or early next. We will see....

Gutsy!! But only through testing (invest) in the market you get results and a feeling for it. 

Hope it works out.....really no other thing to go on...

Wonder why it got so beaten up....some people might know something, but mostly the dumping is done "quietly" before the free fall, meaning the dumping already happened if one occured. (maybe because of Holochain?)

Edited by Cgu

Daddy
On 9/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Cgu said:

I bailed on the Ethereum buy. I lost $2 per coin on part and 3$ on the other. It is still falling. At $171 or so at this point. I think it will keep falling, have placed buy orders at $110 and spread out all the way down to $57 per coin. Will it get this low? I don't know just an uneducated guess at this point.

Cgu
13 minutes ago, Daddy said:

I bailed on the Ethereum buy. I lost $2 per coin on part and 3$ on the other. It is still falling. At $171 or so at this point. I think it will keep falling, have placed buy orders at $110 and spread out all the way down to $57 per coin. Will it get this low? I don't know just an uneducated guess at this point.

Good on you. I really cannot comment to much on this strategy, as I never buy stocks (or other investments) on the way down - as I suppose a lot of people do, thinking maybe its cheap or it has to reverse. I always (always) buy on the up and then keep on piling?, so I do not have to trade with my own money. If it does go down on my first portion of "testing the market" I always cut it at around 10& (depending on the stock). So, as they say, limit your losses and maximize your gains.....

I the meantime I had a go at TLRY and now I do not have to play anymore with my own money? (piled already twice), but I keep it on a short leash... 

savarity

I buy securities when they go on sale, but that's based on a personal analysis of what the price should be.

However, when talking about these coins, what "should" the price be? I don't have a clue, or any method of valuing them... so I just leave them alone. I think everyone is guessing at this point.

Cgu
8 hours ago, savarity said:

I buy securities when they go on sale

Well then this week you had a good week. I did (do) that as well, but only starting with a "small" play and then depending on direction "piling" and tight leash.

No currency can be really valued as they are fiat. There is no intrinsic value, some have guarantee some not.

Cgu
On 9/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, Cgu said:

I the meantime I had a go at TLRY and now I do not have to play anymore with my own money? (piled already twice), but I keep it on a short leash... 

I know is about bitcoin, but this TLRY is getting ridiculous .. I might even beat performances of bitcoins..I already piled 4 times on it and have tighten the leash even more (7%). I doubled in less than a week....go figure...well will fly business class for a while longer?