Stock market, cash or what to do?

Yes but the founding fathers did not know of the hypnotic effect of TV and the apathetic result.

How about drugs and the un-education of our education system.

Give a failing kid at school with a broken family some crack rock and access to a gun.

Try to detail the constitution to him as he knocks on your door once rioting has begun.

The Mac Donalds obese of the world have an arm chair and American Idol to watch.

Have they read your document or did they at some point sign it as a doctrine to follow?

I don't think it is alive any longer in the States.

If you set up some rural community after the damages is done perhaps it is the best starting point.

Yes some will survive and that points to many will not.

Many don't know, some know about, a few know it in detail and only one or two will act in time on their knowledge.

I would define - in time - as yesterday...

If V did not rally the masses and then did not send out all the masks - nothing would have happened.

The only V masks out there today are the ones protesting Scientology as Anonymous.

Perhaps they should protest outside the Banksters houses next??

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ckfm

• breakfast

• Earl

• Huck Finn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really want to argue with people who are hoping that all will be alright, hope is human nature and necessary for us to survive, it is a survival instinct.

Keep in mind that real estate price in the US went down a lot in many areas but are still too expensive in the more nicer areas like California. A drop of 43% YTD in Santa Barbara is just the beginning. I was living in the area for a while 10 years ago and then 5 years ago and it is all a big bubble based on real estate valuation. Now that it's going away, the landslide cannot be stopped easily.

Same true for many parts of Canada, UK, Germany etc etc. The values have dropped but nowhere enough. People still feel comfortable with the current valuations but are cautious. A market always fails when there are not enough buyers who are willing to pay more. Most buyers both in the US and Canada are first time buyers and speculators believing the bottom is reached. We are nowhere near a bottom. Look at history and cycle analysis and again human behaviour.

In regards to government and control, the NWO people and the US government (is there a difference?) know whose groups are a danger to their plans. Those people will end up in the new camps which have been built all over the country BEFORE they can even say blink. Don't join the military and don't join the guard now unless you want to end up as a "camp instructor" or "picking up white terrorists in Texas". I am dead serious.

And, most important, don't believe the media.

Edited by scianna54
Effervescent

I think everyone agrees that there is difficult times ahead. I haven't seen anyone, at least on these forums, living on hope. Most are realists, and there are factual reasons to not trust the value of many items that were once regarded as solid investments. The media should not generally be trusted and should be scrutinized and many/most have pointed this out. Looking at history means looking at it completely as a whole. Property and commodity booms and busts are nothing new. Currency collapses are nothing new. The media being slanted or taking a political stance is not a new concept either.

A new world order has already been here for decades. The IMF, World Bank and WTO have been overseeing global fiscal policy since the 40's. Control of trade and sanctions has been happening for centuries/millenia. The first multinational corporation was formed in 1591 and there was no going back. The world became entwined in economics and politics.

Hope is a natural human coping system, but despair is natural also. Since the dawn of recorded time people/religions have been predicting doom and apocalypse. Real balance is difficult to find.

Yes but the founding fathers did not know of the hypnotic effect of TV and the apathetic result.

How about drugs and the un-education of our education system.

Give a failing kid at school with a broken family some crack rock and access to a gun.

Try to detail the constitution to him as he knocks on your door once rioting has begun.

The Mac Donalds obese of the world have an arm chair and American Idol to watch.

Have they read your document or did they at some point sign it as a doctrine to follow?

I don't think it is alive any longer in the States.

If you set up some rural community after the damages is done perhaps it is the best starting point.

Yes some will survive and that points to many will not.

Many don't know, some know about, a few know it in detail and only one or two will act in time on their knowledge.

I would define - in time - as yesterday...

If V did not rally the masses and then did not send out all the masks - nothing would have happened.

The only V masks out there today are the ones protesting Scientology as Anonymous.

Perhaps they should protest outside the Banksters houses next??

Peter you got something against paragraphs?

I don't really want to argue with people who are hoping that all will be alright, hope is human nature and necessary for us to survive, it is a survival instinct.

Keep in mind that real estate price in the US went down a lot in many areas but are still too expensive in the more nicer areas like California. A drop of 43% YTD in Santa Barbara is just the beginning. I was living in the area for a while 10 years ago and then 5 years ago and it is all a big bubble based on real estate valuation. Now that it's going away, the landslide cannot be stopped easily.

Same true for many parts of Canada, UK, Germany etc etc. The values have dropped but nowhere enough. People still feel comfortable with the current valuations but are cautious. A market always fails when there are not enough buyers who are willing to pay more. Most buyers both in the US and Canada are first time buyers and speculators believing the bottom is reached. We are nowhere near a bottom. Look at history and cycle analysis and again human behaviour.

In regards to government and control, the NWO people and the US government (is there a difference?) know whose groups are a danger to their plans. Those people will end up in the new camps which have been built all over the country BEFORE they can even say blink. Don't join the military and don't join the guard now unless you want to end up as a "camp instructor" or "picking up white terrorists in Texas". I am dead serious.

And, most important, don't believe the media.

I have no idea what ur talking about. Just spell it out. I seem to be catching that ur a conspiracy theorist a survivalist and that we are all doomed. New camps? NWO? (Hulk Hogan's involved?) If u so believe that real estate is nowhere near bottoming then short it big time and make money. But wait it doesn't matter cause we are going to hell anyway. When somebody tells me this is going to happen in the future based on theories and beliefs then what they have are just opinions. And because I don't subscribe to ur opinion then all I am doing is hoping. Got it, I think.

I have no idea what ur talking about. Just spell it out. I seem to be catching that ur a conspiracy theorist a survivalist and that we are all doomed. New camps? NWO? (Hulk Hogan's involved?) If u so believe that real estate is nowhere near bottoming then short it big time and make money. But wait it doesn't matter cause we are going to hell anyway. When somebody tells me this is going to happen in the future based on theories and beliefs then what they have are just opinions. And because I don't subscribe to ur opinion then all I am doing is hoping. Got it, I think.

You are entitled to your opinion, so am I. For now.

You are entitled to your opinion, so am I. For now.

I get the first sentence but the "For now" I don't know what you mean. I sure there's a lot of back story to ur beliefs that's why I asked you to "spell it out." I should of said explain.

breakfast
I think part of the problem is the distribution of wealth. Never before in the US has there been such a huge gap between the rich and poor. I think the latest statistic is that the top 6% own as much as the bottom 50%. As this continues to widen...

France comes to mind when I read your post. :D

A major difference, the US has by far, the most advanced and greatest military in the world.

I get the first sentence but the "For now" I don't know what you mean. I sure there's a lot of back story to ur beliefs that's why I asked you to "spell it out." I should of said explain.

Yes, doom and gloom, what do you want to hear?

I know more than I will ever post.

Even though u may be from whack city ontario and me, well I'm from hopesville usa brother. One thing i think we can agree on though is that we saved Love a lot of money. He was ready rock it short baby. And he never thanked us. it's funny how we agreed on the stock market and nuttin else. Including the freaking Beatles whom I might add are revered in the Philippines. But that's getting way off topic.

As far as ur opening statement I sold half my 401k april 3rd. The market is back at the same levels as 4.3.09. Or as we say in horseshoes and hand grenades close enough. At some time we will test these lows again and again and again. And I will be buying those dips. 90% haircut like after the initial crash of 29 I don't know. Yes stocks lost 90% of their value. So what I'm saying is, that, I just built a huge cash reserve. Well not huge but 50% huger than was before. So I don't care if we go up or down but ups good.

Edited by Earl
Effervescent
France comes to mind when I read your post. :blink:

A major difference, the US has by far, the most advanced and greatest military in the world.

Not sure what any of this has to do with France.

The military being by far the most advanced and greatest is obviously false. It failed to defeat an obviously inferior military force in both Korea and Vietnam.

The US military is large and well run. There, however, is a very serious downside to the large military in that it has an enormous economic cost. With over 230 overseas military bases being manned by over 500.000 personnel even at times of peace it is a drain. As I have stated many times before it was economics that collapses empires. The Romans and the British also had vast militaries and navies that were far ahead of any competitors, including the US during the war of independence.

USMC-Retired

Watch a movie called why we fight. It is a warning about the vast military complex the US has assembled.

Not sure what any of this has to do with France.

The military being by far the most advanced and greatest is obviously false. It failed to defeat an obviously inferior military force in both Korea and Vietnam.

The US military is large and well run. There, however, is a very serious downside to the large military in that it has an enormous economic cost. With over 230 overseas military bases being manned by over 500.000 personnel even at times of peace it is a drain. As I have stated many times before it was economics that collapses empires. The Romans and the British also had vast militaries and navies that were far ahead of any competitors, including the US during the war of independence.

Funny thing, most Americans and allies look at the US military and enforcement agencies as a good thing to have and as being on "our side".

Wrong, they do whatever the government in power will tell them to do, even going against "unrest people" and "terrorists" in our own country WHO ARE WHITE UPSTANDING AMERICANS (and Canadians, British etc.).

The government will eventually use those forces against their own people, the terrorist blah blah, North Korea, China, Russian bad guys talk is just an excuse to build up those forces.

David Rockefeller put it that way, Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order. Tomorrow they will be grateful! [...] We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order.

Edited by scianna54
Whilst you may be correct, I have taken a diferent approach.

I am in the fortunate position that my income exceeds expenditure, have no debts and modest savings. Those savings were converted to cash many months ago, and that is how they will remain.

Will they decrease in actual value? Who knows.

Cash will decrease a lot over the years to come as we will enter a hyper inflation scenario, meaning convert your mortgages to 5 or 10 year terms and invest your money in commodities. (or bonds short but that's too volatile for most).

Even though u may be from whack city ontario and me, well I'm from hopesville usa brother. One thing i think we can agree on though is that we saved Love a lot of money. He was ready rock it short baby. And he never thanked us. it's funny how we agreed on the stock market and nuttin else. Including the freaking Beatles whom I might add are revered in the Philippines. But that's getting way off topic.

As far as ur opening statement I sold half my 401k april 3rd. The market is back at the same levels as 4.3.09. Or as we say in horseshoes and hand grenades close enough. At some time we will test these lows again and again and again. And I will be buying those dips. 90% haircut like after the initial crash of 29 I don't know. Yes stocks lost 90% of their value. So what I'm saying is, that, I just built a huge cash reserve. Well not huge but 50% huger than was before. So I don't care if we go up or down but ups good.

The problem is not stocks now, it is cash.

Dow target is around 9,000 end of April/May, we are around 8,000 now.