Sign in to follow this  
Goetz1965

Any good skin doctor in Cebu?

Goetz1965

I need a good skin doctor - I sometimes get very itchy spots on my skin - out of nowwhere and there are no mosquitos or other causes visible.
Could be hives - but Im not sure - and thats why I need someone "knowing"

Unfortunately most dermatologist here in Cebu just focus more on cosmetic surgery.
And that makes finding a reliable skin doctor - with knowledge in skin deseases causes by allergies, bacteria or parasites maybe - most complicated. 
So let me ask here if any of you know one that is recommendable ?

cebubird

Are the itching spots also red?

I ask because my son and I were constantly getting little red itchy spots on us. Nobody else in house just us.

Went to several docs and finally a derma in city, and no answers,

Once back in Florida-no more.

Ozepete

When my second eldest son was about 15 he had a lot of skin problems, itching, rash etc., and went to all the experts, tried all the medications but with no result. An old stockman saw it and said he could fix that easy by bathing the bad areas with 'Pinetarsol'. (Stuff we put on cattle!) He was right and within days there was no more problem. We have used Pinetarsol many times since for rashes and itches. Could be worth a try.  

Goetz1965

Yep - small red spots.

For all of you guessing - I already did that myself and googled a lot.
Cant e mosquitos as I dont see any - also I wear a T-Shirt and the spots appear on parts that are covered by clothes.
Cant be  bedbugs, lice or anything else because my gf sleeps in the same bed and dont get any
What I think of is some kind of allergic reaction or hive - but even cortison creme or allerta dont work much.

RogerDat

We had a post like this before. Cebu Skin Clinic has seen it all. Near Carreta cemetery.

Red doctors bag on this map. The old post mentioned soap, detergent, and such, especially bleach. 59e813ebab883_Screenshot(236).thumb.png.81ac2c8bfd962b65b4395034a570338e.png

• Like 1

Jim_in_Jax

Another recommendation for you would be Dr. Malinda Dumana.  I have skin cancer and she has been my dermatologist for a couple of years now and does a good job.  Her number is 0917-652-4632.

She's in a new building called The Greenery on Pope John Paul II Ave.

https://www.google.com.hk/maps/place/The+Greenery/@10.3245412,123.9084504,20.25z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x33a999497b038cc5:0x1668716345a6fe8f!2sDr.+Malinda+Dumana!8m2!3d10.314328!4d123.891857!3m4!1s0x33a99917f9378883:0x65705adc777d1122!8m2!3d10.3246229!4d123.9085192?hl=en

• Like 1

RangerUp
3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

What I think of is some kind of allergic reaction

Probably from a new food are you eating, or new soap/lotion/oil you're using.

• Like 1

Soarking

I have dermatitis and I have been going to Dr. Go in Chan Hua Medical Arts Building located a couple blocks from the hospital.    First floor Room 111.

She is a good dermatologists, only problem is like with most Doctor visits here it’s first come first serve so usually a wait.

cebubird
8 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Yep - small red spots.

For all of you guessing - I already did that myself and googled a lot.
Cant e mosquitos as I dont see any - also I wear a T-Shirt and the spots appear on parts that are covered by clothes.
Cant be  bedbugs, lice or anything else because my gf sleeps in the same bed and dont get any
What I think of is some kind of allergic reaction or hive - but even cortison creme or allerta dont work much.

LOL-yep--exactly what we suffered and never found anybody/anything to eliminate. 

Lee

It could be heat rash, I get that when out walking around a lot while in the Philippines. Hives are usually big blotches, I get those from some pill forms of medicines, from MSG in foods, from sweating, from stress and from some foods that I am allergic to, recently got them from provolone cheese. 

Medrol (prednisone) clears up hives fairly quickly but never take it without a doctor and especially not if you are diabetic. 

Headshot
2 hours ago, Lee said:

It could be heat rash, I get that when out walking around a lot while in the Philippines. 

Same here. The only thing that clears it up for me is a good hydrocortizone cream (that I picked up in the US) used regularly over an extended time. It get the itchy red spots around my neck and upper chest and around my elbows (the places where I tend to sweat).

• Thanks 1

RogerDat

Who washes your cloths? The local detergent has all kinds of perfume in it, and if hand washed, or bleach is used a good rinse is needed.

• Like 1

Salty Dog
5 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Who washes your cloths? The local detergent has all kinds of perfume in it, and if hand washed, or bleach is used a good rinse is needed.

My wife loves scented fabric softener/conditioner.

All my clothes are washed with fragrance free detergent and conditioner. Not so much for my skin, but I just don't like my clothes to smell like perfume.

• Like 1

RogerDat

By the way, get to the Skin Clinic by 730AM as it is first come served, and has a cut off. Their is no charge, it is a free clinic, so they see a lot of things there.