Tell me about Pawn Shops in Cebu

Travis

Do Pawn Shops exist there?

Are they anything like the ones in the states?

Do you have any pictures of them.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Travis

• Enuff

• smokey

• RogerDat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought 2 45's in our pawn shop in Virginia, and the ones here are a bust. No tools, guns, or whatever, just junk jewelry.

Well I live in Montana. I had wifi with Google in that thar outhouse but my horse stepped on it. 

I told a friend I wanted to open a pawnshop, so she suggested I stay for one day in her own branch and observe. Theirs is gold=75% of raw value, diamond=5% of market value, 5% interest a month, hold f

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

yes, pawn shops exhist 

Google and Facebook can be very good search engines, and some even have pictures.

• Haha 1

Well I live in Montana. I had wifi with Google in that thar outhouse but my horse stepped on it. 

• Haha 2

Here is some information on one of what I believe may be one of the largest pawn shop chain on how they run their business

https://www.cebuanalhuillier.com/pawning/

The interesting thing that the above pawn shop is able to send money to any of their other pawn shops, so transfers of money within the Philippines becomes easy when you visit one of their locations, they even have a money transfer service in Cebu Ayala mall upstairs.

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

Almost all pawnshops here only accept gold 14 karats and up. Very few will take non jewelry items. Big chunk of their earnings come from remittances.

• Like 1
smokey

Pawn shops here i would think are so regluated only a local would dare open one 

Travis, Missoula has pawn shops. You don't have to go all the way to the Philippines to find one..:)

delancey

Edit: deleted long reply thread is now too off topic (imo)

Edited by delancey
oztony

Can be a dangerous occupation for a foreigner,  in the PI , debts can be cancelled here for as little as a 100 bucks. ...

33 minutes ago, Banacon said:

Travis, Missoula has pawn shops. You don't have to go all the way to the Philippines to find one..:)

I have pawn shops I dont have to go anywhere. 

shadow
6 hours ago, Travis said:

Pawn shops are everywhere, and huge business, but they are not like any I have seen in the US. They usually do not have second hand stores in the pawnshops here, as they do in the US.

Mostly, they pawn jewelry, and it's assessed by the weight of the precious metals, not actual value. There are exceptions.

Edited by shadow

if a pawnshop in cebu gave p100 for a p600 coffee maker, they would likely have over 1000 coffee makers within a week.

RogerDat

Not to be nosy, but why are you interested in pawn shops, most come here for the girs / diving and such.

Just now, RogerDat said:

Not to be nosy, but why are you interested in pawn shops, most come here for the girs / diving and such.

I own a couple of pawn shops and I like to check them out when I am in different places.