Sign in to follow this  
Daisy

In need of Type A- for Mr Hunt

Daisy

Please help us in our search for type a- for Mr Thomas Hunt. He is now in the ICU of Polymedic Hospital Cagayan de Oro City...We've been searching since this morning but to no avail....Please, your blood might save him!!!!!!God bless us all!

Contact me at 09204388883 or 09226778169

Daisy

Daisy

Please let me know how to contact Red Cross Dumaguete City...I have a volunteer from there but he don't know where to go..Thanks

Hi, somebody has just asked for my A rh neg blood, in cagayan de oro, and they want me to go to the local Red Cross office now to donate. I dont know where it is in Dumaguete and if its open 24 hours

Can anybody help please.

Andy

Edited by Daisy

Steve
Please let me know how to contact Red Cross Dumaguete City...I have a volunteer from there but he don't know where to go..Thanks

Found this Daisy

NEGROS ORIENTAL

Legaspi Street

Dumaguete City 6200

Telefax #

035-2252835

Mrs. Louella N. Bael

Administrator

0918-927-3305

Patch Adams

Mr. Thomas Hunt's situation.

As Daisy has already said..Mr. Thomas Hunt is in urgent need of Type A negative blood. Mr. Hunt is in very bad condition in a Polymedic General Hospital in Cagayan de Oro City. He is currently in ICU.

Mr. Hunt has been stuck in the Philippines without any money. Mr. Hunt is from Yuma, Arizona and 72 years old. He had gone to the Philippines May 2008 to look for a place to live at the convincing of his wife who promised to join him when she got her green card renewal, or something like that. Well, she never joined him. She went instead to live with her boyfriend in Fairfax, VA. She raids his bank account of his social security check every month.... she has a 2nd debit card, but her name is not on his account.

In between her arrival in the United States in Dec 2005 and Mr. Hunt's trip to CDO last year his wife virtually bankrupted him by spending money, and running up bills such that he had to sell his house to pay her bills and they moved into an apartment. So, "they" then decided to move to the Cagayan de Oro. So Tommy went on ahead of her to look for a place in CDO while waiting for her to join him. She stayed in the US moved to Virginia and spent the rest of his money. She supposedly is sending money to her family in CDO for her daughter, her family, and Mr. Hunt.... but, obiously, it isn't much, or Tommy isn't getting very much of it. She had promised to send ALL of his SS money this month.. But, according to her family only sent $500

This past January he became sick and was admitted to the hospital. He was well enough to be released after one week. But, he did not have the money to pay his bill. So, according to the Philippine hospital way of doing things they refused to release him and let him go until he paid his bill.. which may have been 5-10k pesos. He has been stuck in that hospital since then. HE was not a patient... the hospital kept him as a boarder for the 2 months. But, 3 weeks ago, he condition worsened and became so poor he could not get out of bed.. He is Type I diabetic and the doctors think he may have a brain tumor. So, now, 3 weeks ago, the hospital "readmitted" him as a patient. His bill is now up to over 150,000

The urgent need at the moment is Type A neg Blood... But, The man needs to get out of that hospital and to the United States, or to another hospital, such as St. Luke's or even Cebu Doctors or Chong Hua hospital in Cebu.

I don't know the procedures for donating blood for someone, but I understand that people in Manila and Cebu can donate there, for Mr. Hunt even though he is in CDO.

In addition to the urgent need for blood, is there anything that can be done through the embassy, SSDI, or Military (he served in Navy) to help Mr. Hunt get to a proper hospital or back to the US.

By the way, his visa is also expired.. I believe he had an extension to stay for 59 days.. But, has not had the money to extend since then.

Patch Adams

Here is an email sent out by Tom Landry earlier this evening here in the US.

Tom Hunt is really in need of assistance!

His condition is getting worse. He started to hemorrhage (from the mouth and nose) and has internal bleeding as of yesterday. He is in URGENT need of A Negative blood donations. Apparently the Red Cross in CDO does not have any A Negative blood available. If you do have A Negative Blood type it is requested that you immediately contact Daisy Cline at 09204388883. She shall help coordinate the blood donation(s) with the Red Cross and Polymedic General Hospital.

Apparently the hospital was reluctant to move Tom into the Intensive Care Unit without some payment towards his bill. His wife has abandoned him and he really doesn

Bob Ward

Is he not able to call his bank and invalidate the second card? This is a fairly simple process, especially if she is not named on the account.

retired
Here is an email sent out by Tom Landry earlier this evening here in the US.

Tom Hunt is really in need of assistance!

His condition is getting worse. He started to hemorrhage (from the mouth and nose) and has internal bleeding as of yesterday. He is in URGENT need of A Negative blood donations. Apparently the Red Cross in CDO does not have any A Negative blood available. If you do have A Negative Blood type it is requested that you immediately contact Daisy Cline at 09204388883. She shall help coordinate the blood donation(s) with the Red Cross and Polymedic General Hospital.

Apparently the hospital was reluctant to move Tom into the Intensive Care Unit without some payment towards his bill. His wife has abandoned him and he really doesn

Markham
Is he not able to call his bank and invalidate the second card? This is a fairly simple process, especially if she is not named on the account.

I rather doubt he is in any condition - indeed able - to call anyone as he's in ICU!

From my experience, banks require that kind of request to be submitted in writing and, indeed, it may not be possible to cancel one card without also cancelling the other. That was certainly the case with my ex-wife's supplementary card on my account.

Patch Adams

Mr. Hunt has been unable to do much of anything. When he has been awake during the past week he was really disoriented and our of it. He could not even write his name.

Here are 2 videos of Thomas Hunt that were take last Thursday afternoon, April 2nd, at the hospital in Cagayan de Oro. These videos were poster and were public for only a few 2 days for people to view. I made a request tonight to make them public again so that people can see Mr. Hunt's condition.

Here are the Youtube links to the videos... The person feeding him his Aurea Songcuya, sister of his wife, Janelaze The person with the cell phone is Daisy Cline, wife of Lee (Alan) Cline talking with Ted Hammon, the step-son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYglBlTk9iE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVDfS2kOx8

His condition worsened and he was moved to ICU yesterday.

Here is a slightly updated contact list for Mr. Hunt's situation.

Tom Landry, friend of Mr. Hunt, in California, who has been most involved, and just recently located Mr. Hunt's stepson.

Home: 949-559-6096 Mobile: 949-293-9675 [email protected]

Ted Hammon 602-380-1759 stepson in Phoenix email: [email protected]

Mobile: 949-293-9675 Daisy and Alan Cline, Friend of Mr. Hunt, and the contact person in Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines

cell phone: 920-438-8883 & 922-677-8169 (from the US, Dial 011-63 and then the cell number)email: [email protected]; Allan (Lee) Cline email: [email protected]

Also, Mike Belter. Mike is another friend, who lives in Cagayan de Oro, and just returned home to Cagayan de Oro from the USA on Sunday.

Mike's cell phone: 927-930-7306 (from the US, dial 011-63 & then the phone number) email: [email protected]

Also, the Hopsital address and numbers...

Cagayan de Oro Polymedic General Hospital

A. Velez Street.

Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental 9000

Philippines

Telephone numbers:

dial 011-63 & then the number. 011 is to call internation from USA, and 63 is country code for Philippines.

Cagayan de Oro City has 2 area codes, 88 and 8822, depending on which telephone company.

(88) 856-4467

(8822) 272 8599

(8822) 724-892

Fax: (88) 856-4185

Cagayan de Oro has 2 area codes, depending on which telephone company

Elmer

Penguin

well she is stealing social security. Can't someone just get them to stop all social security payments while they invesitgate for fraud?

Anyways, I am going to through out an idea:

I am sure we have someone here with banking connections with one of the banks that expats can have their social security direct deposited into. I think in his condition, they could get him an account opened that could receive SS direct deposit.

Next, you could get an attorney down there to to notarize a request to change the bank that the social security is being direct deposited into.

Just an idea.

Daisy

Greetings! Thanks for all these joint effort for Mr. Hunt.... I just came from Red Cross CDO and different hospital trying to be able to borrow or buy blood a- in their blood banks but o no avail. I assured Linda (Jane Laze mom) that she will not be put to prison by signing the promissory papers before Mr Hunt was allowed to enter ICU yesterday! On top of that is the daily medicine...today it is more than 10K pesos.

Guys, at this moment I am so tired to write much less think...so here's my email to the US Embassy last Saturday evening...

Dear Mr Eric Eilskov,

Greetings!

Today I've been to the hospital with my dear friend Laila Mac Crea and we stayed with Mr Hunt for more than 2 hours. There, we witnessed how the mother and sister of Jane Laze took care of him. Without a doubt, he is a family member to them, the Filipino way. Her mother, Linda, was even again called to the office of the billing section because of his rising bills. The last time me and Jane Laze were talking she told me she gonna send 1800 dollars. The 800 dollars coming from her tax refund and the 1000 dollars from Mr Hunt's SS for March. Her mother told me Jane Laze sent the SS money of Mr Hunt every last week of the month. I am a bit skeptical on this because as far as know SS money usually arrive every first week of the month. Not only that, she just sent 37,000pesos here. to Linda. It is with this reason that I told them that if in any case, Jane Laze will call them, they should tell her not to get a single centavo from the SS Chase Bank Account of Mr Hunt because the hospital through her mother is now directed by the US Embassy to collect the total amount of Mr Hunt's monthly pension. This account has 2 ATM cards, one for Lane Laze and one for Mr Hunt. I am sorry for this but believe me this is also hard for me because just like Jane Laze I am a wife of a US citizen and it is beyond me to comprehend how she managed to treat her husband and her family like this. Some of the expats' wives here in CDO are trying our very best to assist her, Mr. Landry is offering her an immigration lawyer and giving her call cards to call us here in the Phil., Mike Belter a round trip ticket, Elmer is trying to reach her just so that he could help her. And many more who want to do more but dos not know where to start because the wife is nowhere to be found or refuse to be found!

I am not sure for certain when would God will take him to His Kingdom but for sure, Mr Hunt is bothered with his hospital bills, longing for his wife to come back to PI and bring him back to US. Today, when I asked him if he would still want to go back home to US, all I see is a pleading eyes of a child, longing for his mother to buy for him his favorite toy. Although he looks happy today but his eyes will give him away. Please Sir, understand that the only word you can hear from him "Ok" I'm ok" "Yah" . However, today when he spoke with Mr, Ted Hammon, upon hearing his step son's voice, the first thing he said was, "Are you ok?" Just don't know if Ted hears it, that was a very unselfish word from a man who does not even know if he is ok or not.

While I understand the limitations of your office to help Mr Hunt, I know that as a government recognized non-stock, non profit, organization we can do more, Please let me know if I could be of help to Mr Hunt as a non government organization, not as Daisy Cline.

By the way, if you want to know about our Charity organization, please click this... http://www.welcometothephilippines.com/for...hp?showforum=54

Very truly yours.

DAISY J. CLINE

President

Expats' Ladies Charities, Inc

Bob Ward

I'm A+ so a not go. I would gladly come and donate if I could. Somebody has to be A- around Cebu or CDO. Somebody get off their duff and help a brother out. It could be you next time.

FYI- when I wrote the above post, I was unaware how rare A- is.

Edited by Bob Ward

Mailman

I spoke to Daisy earlier today. I am A- so I offered to donate.

I visited the Red Cross in Ormoc and after about 30 minutes of discussion (they said that no request for A- had been issued), I finally got them to call the Red Cross in CDO to verify the need for the A- type.

Once off phone, the administrator explained to me that the CDO blood bank has enough O- blood in stock to accomodate Mr. Hunt. ???

Then the issue of transporting any potentially donated blood came into the conversation. From here, they would be able to put it on Supercat to Cebu, but then the second leg to CDO gets a bit iffy... especially with all the Holy Week traveling this week.

I was also told that the best option would be a flight from Manila to CDO but unfortunately, there are currently no more flights out of Ormoc to Manila.

She said that by the time my blood would reach its destination in CDO, it probably wouldn't even be usable.

Overall, I got the impression that they just didn't want my blood, so I didn't push it. I eventually conceded, but not before I gave them my contact information in the event that they determined the need to be of more urgency. She was happy to announce, however, that she would put my information in their registry stating something that A- is rare for them as 90% of the people are A+. Grrrr...

Anywhooo... I am more than happy to bleed a bit if it will help. Push the issue, maybe they will call me. :lmao:

Edited by Mailman

Bob Ward

Whole blood treated with anticoagulant has a shelf life of 24 hours if not refrigerated. So if blood was drawn later in the day, treated with anticoagulant per norm, put on ice (not frozen) and shipped overnight in a cooler, it would be there 12-20 hours from time of donation and should be fine for use. There is just no ingenuity or motivation here at times.

Good on ya acman!!!

kaloy

My wife and I would like to send a donation.....to whom do we send it?.....we will use xoom. Kaloy and Nalyn