Bank to get US Dollars cash advance.

RogerDat

Need a new car, so where do they give cash advance on US credit card? Thanks.

Can you make a swift transfer to your Philippine account and get it from there ??

@RogerDat

Edited by Woolf
SkyMan

I don't know if you're qualified to join Navy Federal CU but I've been a member for a few months and just got a loan for a new vehicle.  I gave them the VIN, mileage, dealership name, and the purchase price plus insurance and 3 years LTO.  They FedExed me a check in my name.  What to do then depends on how fast you need the cash.  Probably the fastest would be to deposit over internet to a US bank and then wire the $$$ here.  The 2.69% NFCU is charging is a lot better than doing a credit card cash advance.  If you don't qualify with NFCU, other US banks could probably give you a personal loan for better interest than a CC.

cebubird

Just found out NFCU now accepting Vets, whether retired or not. I tried to join last week, but couldn't as I had just frozen my credit bureau. Don't want to go thru hassle of unfreezing right now, so guess I'll wait.

7 hours ago, RogerDat said:

I was looking into that a couple years ago.. and in cEbu ..I didnt find any bank that does that.  seems its a practice that has been phased out here.   Best is to just call your bank and see what they can do with your card through the ATM machine.    They can up the credit amount on your credit card for cash advance through ATM.. help get you password etc.. )  

7 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Have you asked the dealer if they would take a credit card for the purchase, I have bought cars in Florida and put all, most or part on a credit card.

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Lee said:

Have you asked the dealer if they would take a credit card for the purchase, I have bought cars in Florida and put all, most or part on a credit card.

I asked when making the deposit on my truck and they said no.  I even offered to pay the bank service charge for using the card and they said no.  That's just one dealer of course.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I asked when making the deposit on my truck and they said no.  I even offered to pay the bank service charge for using the card and they said no.  That's just one dealer of course.

why not just wire the money here it takes one or two days tops?  don't worry nothing sells fast here.

Edited by billy
Headshot
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

The Chevy dealership here takes credit card payments. At least, they did for me.

• Thanks 1
RogerDat

My bank said Citi Bank in Ayala does cash advances, I will try to call tomorrow.