Sign in to follow this  
rep1

ant trap?

rep1
41 minutes ago, Flakes said:

We going to work this out?

Nah it's under warranty. But I had to buy a second one. Those ants owe me lots of money!

• Haha 1

RogerDat

Says it is no longer made, next time take it to a repair shop. $149 is a lot to trash.

• Thanks 1

rep1
6 hours ago, RogerDat said:

Says it is no longer made, next time take it to a repair shop. $149 is a lot to trash.

being repaired - waiting now. I wonder what will happen after the warranty is expired? I don't see service centers; I sent back to Rustan's but they don't seem to know about the whole procedure.

RogerDat

GOOGLE says it was made in OZ. They cannot repair stuff made here.

• Thanks 1

rep1

If I seal all of current exits of the colony, would they stop coming or they would just find another hole? I'm growing inpatient - 2 days for this colony already and even though most of them have gone a few are still walking with no sign of malfunction. A lot of drops made, most untouched. They're into something...

Flakes
12 minutes ago, rep1 said:

If I seal all of current exits of the colony, would they stop coming or they would just find another hole? I'm growing inpatient - 2 days for this colony already and even though most of them have gone a few are still walking with no sign of malfunction. A lot of drops made, most untouched. They're into something...

Oke here is what u do its about distraction not about mass murdering put a bunch of sugar in a bowl somewhere far from u best is near u neighbours or so and now the ants stop entering ur kitchen they just go to the bowl.

• Like 1

rep1
19 hours ago, Flakes said:

Oke here is what u do its about distraction not about mass murdering put a bunch of sugar in a bowl somewhere far from u best is near u neighbours or so and now the ants stop entering ur kitchen they just go to the bowl.

there are several groups. first two groups were wiped out on first day but then others come. Large brown and black ones are quick to fall, and black jumpy ants are few not building nests. The small brown ones are hardest I killed several groups already and sealed their homes and flooded with poison.

They are the ones always looking for new nests and killed my kettle. Maybe I could build homes for them and kill them there?

• Like 1

Davaoeno
3 minutes ago, rep1 said:

there are several groups. first two groups were wiped out on first day but then others come. Large brown and black ones are quick to fall, and black jumpy ants are few not building nests. The small brown ones are hardest I killed several groups already and sealed their homes and flooded with poison.

They are the ones always looking for new nests and killed my kettle. Maybe I could build homes for them and kill them there?

It seems that word got out in the ant world that you provide a never ending buffet for them at your place. In which case i expect you will be seeing a lot more ants ! 

• Like 1

Flakes

Would stop with sleeping if i was u..

The ants still alive will probably  try to enter ur ear out of revenge.

• Haha 1

rep1
25 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Would stop with sleeping if i was u..

The ants still alive will probably  try to enter ur ear out of revenge.

See that's why I must kill them wherever I find them.

No more tolerance of worms.

Headshot
20 minutes ago, rep1 said:

See that's why I must kill them wherever I find them.

No more tolerance of worms.

You might want to cut back on the gin for breakfast.

• Haha 1

rep1
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

You might want to cut back on the gin for breakfast.

Nah gin is safe. Ants don't dare to touch alcohol. They don't the stomach for it!

Headshot
9 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Nah gin is safe. Ants don't dare to touch alcohol. They don't the stomach for it!

Then pour it across the thresholds of your doors and the window sills. Maybe that will keep the ants out.

rep1
2 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Then pour it across the thresholds of your doors and the window sills. Maybe that will keep the ants out.

I have the Finnish vodka for cleaning, cheap and taste good and don't get half frozen like Absolute.

will try a drop on next colony. might be fun!

rep1

How long can they live without their colony?

I sealed the last one and kept a group alive to search for new holes that I can block. They made no progress tonight. Should I kill them or just let them run around until death?? They don't look tired or hungry despite no food, just keep going forth and back and talk to each other.