Sign in to follow this  
rep1

ant trap?

musicman666

Tip for the day ...buy some table leg coasters that fit under the table legs and fill with ant powder ...my current set have been going for over a year and no ants on the dining room table devouring food ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

agent17

Terro is borax and sugar.  You're paying extra because you think mixing borax with sugar and water to be complicated.

If you see dead ants on your counter then you failed.  You're not trying to kill the ants, you're trying to kill the queen.  If the ants die before they get back to their lair then your poison is too strong.  You need to weaken them a little bit.  You need to give the ant enough time to live long enough to get back to its lair.  This is why ant chalk doesn't work.  They kill the ant on the spot while the queen keeps laying more eggs.

• Thanks 1

rep1

Killed some of them. New problem: They don't like eating in graveyard yes? Some boxes were turned into swimming pool and drops with the dead floating are not touched anymore.

So I'm supposed to use small drops and clean or replace them as soon as they start dying around?

A few seem got lost, wandering around fast with no destination and no interest in the food I gave them. Are they out of their mind because of borax??

Headshot
8 hours ago, rep1 said:

A few seem got lost, wandering around fast with no destination and no interest in the food I gave them. Are they out of their mind because of borax??

Naw ... they're just trying to confuse that human that has been watching them...  :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

rep1
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Naw ... they're just trying to confuse that human that has been watching them...  :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

How can I force feed them? Dropping it on them is not working they just get drowned.

BTW pouring borax over the grass wouldn't harm it right??

Edited by rep1

Davaoeno
23 minutes ago, rep1 said:

How can I force feed them? Dropping it on them is not working they just get drowned.

You need to get a very small eye dropper and when they open their mouths drop it in .

• Haha 1

Headshot
6 hours ago, rep1 said:

BTW pouring borax over the grass wouldn't harm it right??

They call the little black ants that seemingly aimlessly scurry all over the place "Crazy Ants"for good reason. They just have a different foraging pattern, but they are almost always the first to come to any source of food (or bait). You are correct that they don't like to feed where there are the dead bodies of their buddies. Would you eat at a restaurant where there are dead people laying all over the place? Set up your baits so the ants don't fall into the liquid and drown. Keep the bait sites clean up, so there are no dead ants around. Sponges work pretty good as bait sites. just soak the sponges and set them out. The ants will surround them, and they can't fall in.

• Haha 1

rep1
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

Would you eat at a restaurant where there are dead people laying all over the place?

well I've been trying to find a place to watch drug pushers and poor lads getting shot, it's supposed to be a common scene everywhere now as some on Internet claims. would make lunch less boring.

will get sponges. Why can't cardboard and paper bags work though? Are they toxic here?

rep1
On 10/13/2017 at 11:14 PM, Headshot said:

...or you an just buy some borax, and mix the ant bait yourself. The ants will drink it and carry it back to the nest to feed every ant in the colony. Then they all die. Borax is available at Benny's Pawnshop at the corner of Sanciangko and Palaez streets in Colon.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/85544-kill-the-ants-borax-anyone/?page=4 

Any seller around IT Park, Capitol or Banilad?

have to buy it now. I'm taking the war outside and need a lot more borax. They emptied all my bottles in a few hours! I want to exterminate all ants in the community and adjacent neighborhood - there wouldn't be any side effect yes?

Flakes
54 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Any seller around IT Park, Capitol or Banilad?

have to buy it now. I'm taking the war outside and need a lot more borax. They emptied all my bottles in a few hours! I want to exterminate all ants in the community and adjacent neighborhood - there wouldn't be any side effect yes?

Ants are infect very hard working insects u better treat them nice. Inmagine u fall in u home and u cant get up and or move your self now what u think those ants are going to do with u after what u did to their relatives?

rep1
54 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Ants are infect very hard working insects u better treat them nice. Inmagine u fall in u home and u cant get up and or move your self now what u think those ants are going to do with u after what u did to their relatives?

They destroyed my kettle, the one I bought to be used in my new home.

They will answer for that. It's personal now.

Flakes
19 minutes ago, rep1 said:

Bit over the top for a 900 pesos kettle. last time u wanted to use your sniper rifle and follow the person his  bloodtracks when ur 1200 pesos phone from the year 2002 was stolen. Are u a violent and revengeful  person? Maybe this is what happens when people live to long in a to small shoebox their angers built up over nothing.i fine to buy u a new kettle if u not slaughtering  24665;3578888986; ants.

rep1
7 hours ago, Flakes said:

.i fine to buy u a new kettle if u not slaughtering  24665;3578888986; ants.

It's a black Delonghi Icona Vintage Thank you! :lol:

Flakes
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

It's a black Delonghi Icona Vintage Thank you! :lol:

We going to work this out?

fred42
9 hours ago, rep1 said:

I used to think that way and Ive killed a good few million here...

Problem is there are trillions and the world just doesn't seem to have enough Borax ..

• Like 1