Sign in to follow this  
rep1

ant trap?

rep1

I need some sort of ant trap drug not instant killer or repellent like the chalk they sell in metro. There was some sort of liquid paste. ants love it and they rush out to lick it and get crazy in a day (running around slowly like drunktard) then die massively.

I used that to wipe out dozens of ant groups back home, to complete extinction in our floor. Anyone know something like that here?

They need to pay for my broken kettle!

samatm
7 minutes ago, rep1 said:

I need some sort of ant trap drug not instant killer or repellent like the chalk they sell in metro. There was some sort of liquid paste. ants love it and they rush out to lick it and get crazy in a day (running around slowly like drunktard) then die massively.

I used that to wipe out dozens of ant groups back home, to complete extinction in our floor. Anyone know something like that here?

They need to pay for my broken kettle!

yes.. they sell it at  ACE hardware and Handyman and Truevalue.     They have the kind in the tubs and the kind in the syringes that you squeeze.   Different brands.  just ask and LOOK.  (if you ask..you will get the sorry sir out of stock.. reply) . 

Brand:  Pest Off in syringe (cockroach gel ..works for ants too)

Terro liquid Ant Baits

No Spill Ant Kill

Edited by samatm
  • Haha 1

Headshot

...or you an just buy some borax, and mix the ant bait yourself. The ants will drink it and carry it back to the nest to feed every ant in the colony. Then they all die. Borax is available at Benny's Pawnshop at the corner of Sanciangko and Palaez streets in Colon.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/85544-kill-the-ants-borax-anyone/?page=4 

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

samatm
32 minutes ago, Headshot said:

...or you an just buy some borax, and mix the ant bait yourself. The ants will drink it and carry it back to the nest to feed every ant in the colony. Then they all die. Borax is available at Benny's Pawnshop at the corner of Sanciangko and Palaez streets in Colon.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/85544-kill-the-ants-borax-anyone/?page=4 

Borax is awesome stuff.   I bought some at Bennys last month to treat one of my dogs that was getting Mangy.     mixed it with Hydrogen peroxide and water and bathed teh dog 3 times with.   Mange completely gone.      the Vet wanted me to use some Hazmat stuff that ONLY they could administer as it was so lethal.. they didnt recommend doing at home.     Anyway.   The nice thing about Borax is that it is a natural compound found in nature and not hazardous at all.    So yeah  use it for annts.   I mixed Borax wiht poweder sugar and  spread it about  where their trails are.    

• Thanks 1

Peter C

currently available at True Value in Robinsons Galleria, I am just using it, the first two to three days all ants coming, walking through the trap and after they disappear. no more ants in kitchen area. 

have used all four baits there

59e15c9090e0f_Raidantbaits_Seite_1.thumb.jpg.b73319aa58f2f5b6a1a7db014080889e.jpg

59e15ca58a5de_Raidantbaits_Seite_2.thumb.jpg.04ffeb32987744559cbb8b36dac8721e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dafey

I love using Andro. Small bottle you can pick up at Ace. Put a few drops on a piece of cardboard and place that near their marching line and within a few minutes there are dozens sticking their heads in the bubble and supposedly taking it back to feed the queen bitch!

Love watching the little turds sucking it down.

• Haha 1

Monsoon
40 minutes ago, Dafey said:

I love using Andro.

That's what I hear this dude with abnormally big boobs say all the time at the gym.

• Like 1

Soupeod
1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

That's what I hear this dude with abnormally big boobs say all the time at the gym.

Is that the Russian guy in the Roman sauna with you?

Oh yea and I heard borax is great.

Edited by soupeod
  • Like 1

rep1

didn't find Raid in TrueValue, got TERRO instead. P700 for 6 indoor pack or 8 outdoor thing that can be inserted into garden. Turns out they're all hiding in the power sockets and under grass.

Ants are racists aren't they? Just noticed the red ones never touch anything black ones touched and vice versa.

• Haha 1

agent17
20 hours ago, Headshot said:

This works 100%.  I used to have ants all over my place.  When I used the formula from that link provided, all the ants were killed.  They haven't gone back since.  The mixture is very easy.  It's borax, sugar, and hot water.  Mix it together.  Put a teaspoon of the liquid where the ants are.  Leave it there and let them gorge on it.  The more ants, the better.  They will take back the poisoned sugar back to their lair and feed it to their queen.  They all die together.

• Thanks 1

Peter C
3 hours ago, rep1 said:

didn't find Raid in TrueValue, got TERRO instead. P700 for 6 indoor pack or 8 outdoor thing that can be inserted into garden. Turns out they're all hiding in the power sockets and under grass.

Ants are racists aren't they? Just noticed the red ones never touch anything black ones touched and vice versa.

I was in True Value Galleria yesterday, there were about 10 packs in the shelf, while TERRO was placed separate outside the shelves on cardboxes. 

Have not seen Raid in True Value Ayala.

• Thanks 1

rep1

Galleria? Robinsons Galleria? the new mall? Is it worth a visit?

rep1

Terro result after 9 hours:

The transport line indoor is no more, and no single ants on 2nd floor. They seem to be building new colony inside the trap? I saw white big thins moving inside. 2 of 3 box traps are empty, half in the last. not sure about outdoors.

59e2145f70162_DSC_000201.thumb.jpg.ce5dc1ba96a5b5966a5e391b96fc5e1a.jpg59e214a667c1d_DSC_000301.thumb.jpg.18e0b5b4d31bcbccda320bb67ddbd59a.jpg

They're slow, but not drunk like one i used before, which caused ants to literally fall from walls or edge.

Will buy more. Homemade ones with borax is cheaper yes? I should need a lot of it.

rep1

Anyone know what s the white dust they emit after I sealed the exits? I thought they d bang their heads against the glue to make a funny scene but nope. Ant crap?

59e21e1344f03_DSC_000401.thumb.jpg.74a66274c7baa5eb968a76f891d9284d.jpg

59e21e0d19215_DSC_000501.thumb.jpg.a0d99f59176bd0a6fd291681a3b6f45b.jpg

Headshot
1 hour ago, rep1 said:

Home made ones with borax is cheaper yes? 

Yes. Way cheaper. I don't remember exactly how much it cost me, but I think I got a big bag of borax for less than 100 pesos, and it only takes one tablespoon of borax for about a pint of the sugar water liquid. I don't think I will live long enough to use the entire bag of borax. BTW, with the borax in the mixture, the sugar water doesn't ferment, so it lasts a long time. If you store any, make sure that you mark it clearly as ant poison, so nobody drinks it by mistake. Of course, it was years ago that I bought mine, so the price may have changed.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1