Sign in to follow this  
fordtech

Electric Bill?

noddle

Here in Oz we are paying Au$0.17.22 cents / Kwh.  And that includes everything, service charge, consumption, tax etc.. So I don't reckon that's too bad. Equates to less than 7 Peso. This bill is for 3 months..

AGL Aug.png

$426.28 discount if paid  by due date,   that's huge..

bcchance

Dumageute.  9.27 per KWh.

22382055_2020817174820523_8574781338131201807_o.thumb.jpg.417098a5677530e814a5fabe4e9bdf75.jpg

Irene, how often do you use the air con? I know you hate the heat....I use my split power saving type around 12 -16 hours per day, for a bedroom (larger)....realize this is the big cost for anybody, air con. Seems we are using 4 times your usage....

Ozepete

That's one expensive electric bill but low cents per Kwh. What state is it in?  It also includes a pensioner discount by the looks of it. It's been all over the media lately that electric prices in Australia are extreme  and going through the roof but that actually looks quite good.

We are in northern Victoria. Our bill is large but is for 3 months and includes pumping water for a large garden and a lot of split air cons etc. In Oz we are paying near three billion (yes billion) dollars per year to subsidise renewables!!! Even being one of the worlds biggest  producers of coal, uranium, and gas our dumb arsed leaders are destroying base load power generation, instead they subsidised inefficient alternatives that have no base load ability, and our power costs have skyrocketed.     Der, guess what they discovered..... when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow there is FA power and the lights go out... surprise surprise! Now the shit has hit the fan and our dump lefty leaders are trying to worm there way out of the mess they collectively led us into. With our resources we should have the cheapest power in the world not the most expensive! Just wonder if they will ever stop listening to the bullshit from snake oil salesmen, the pres of the US did!

noddle

We are in northern Victoria. Our bill is large but is for 3 months and includes pumping water for a large garden and a lot of split air cons etc. In Oz we are paying near three billion (yes billion) dollars per year to subsidise renewables!!! Even being one of the worlds biggest  producers of coal, uranium, and gas our dumb arsed leaders are destroying base load power generation, instead they subsidised inefficient alternatives that have no base load ability, and our power costs have skyrocketed.     Der, guess what they discovered..... when the sun don't shine and the wind don't blow there is FA power and the lights go out... surprise surprise! Now the shit has hit the fan and our dump lefty leaders are trying to worm there way out of the mess they collectively led us into. With our resources we should have the cheapest power in the world not the most expensive! Just wonder if they will ever stop listening to the bullshit from snake oil salesmen, the pres of the US did!

Since I had my solar installed 3 years ago, I have never paid a power bill.

Since you are in Northern Victoria,   do you have solar to offset your usage ( during the day ) ?
Solar is so cheap now,  there is no real excuse not to have it.

as for the Coal stations been shut,  at least here (Tassie) we use hydro for most of the states power generation,
but there was an issue a year or so back,  the government was 'selling' more power to the main land,
and the dams got low, then there was no rain,  then the shit hit the fan, and fingers were pointed..

Edited by noddle

Irenicus

Irene, how often do you use the air con? I know you hate the heat....I use my split power saving type around 12 -16 hours per day, for a bedroom (larger)....realize this is the big cost for anybody, air con. Seems we are using 4 times your usage....

6-8 hours a day.  With shade trees and insulation, don't really need it anymore during the day.  Just use it at night.  

• Like 1

lamoe

here is the last veco bill i could find 536 kwh for 5453.43  is 10.17 pesos per kwh.

Veco no longer bills me if i don't pay nothing happens. it's a hard story to believe but it is true. ive complained 4-5 times over the last 16 months but no change. i pay by a guess. for a while they would read my meter but no bill but now no history of reading my meter. i could go years then move.

Scan0021.jpg

Mine's about a P higher - 133 KWH - 1478 P but that comes to  $2.66 / month

As a side note back in US  - Illinois - less than 3 P ($0.06) / Kwh

Travis

I spend about $ 1475.00 a mo and $250.00 in the winter. That is in the states. 

Salty Dog

I spend about $ 1475.00 a mo and $250.00 in the winter. That is in the states. 

$1,475 a month....:huh:

RogerDat

There is a city called Hell in the US where the ac bill may be quite high.

Travis
15 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

$1,475 a month....:huh:

Oops

Tht was supposed to be $175.00  ONTH IN THE SUMMER AND  $ 250.00 a month for electric in the winter. Propane is extra