The situation ganiha sa Buena Hills, Guadalupe - Cebu City. ( photo courtesy : Elvin Aninon )Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Soarking

From looking at the picture it looks like there will be a jeepney and a pickup for sale real cheap, (as soon as they dry our).

11 minutes ago, Soarking said:

From looking at the picture it looks like there will be a jeepney and a pickup for sale real cheap, (as soon as they dry our).

And the pickup comes without the spare tyre lol.......

From the photos I can see one advantage of living in a high-rise/condo. :wink: 

1 minute ago, Lee said:

Or on a hill!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, shadow said:

Or on a hill!

Our condo is that too.

Soarking
1 minute ago, Lee said:

So there is one advantage to living in a shoebox.  As long as the wind is not blowing the rain in through the well built balcony door,  or your not on the top floor with a leaky roof.   

And better get out the scuba gear to get your car out of the underground parking.

Just being sarcastic.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Soarking said:

So there is one advantage to living in a shoebox.  As long as the wind is not blowing the rain in through the well built balcony door,  or your not on the top floor with a leaky roof.   

And better get out the scuba gear to get your car out of the underground parking.

Just being sarcastic.

Parking is often above ground in most condos, that also would have been a choice when buying, anything but the basement would stay dry. 

As for living in a box, yes I guess our 80 sq meters unit could be considered that when compared to our double that condo back in Florida but it is a big enough box for us, at least for living in the Philippines.

2 minutes ago, Soarking said:

Heavy rain here is God's way of flushing the urinal. 

and cutting down on the air pollution too. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Soarking said:

Just being sarcastic.

My spot is on 3 rd floor - actually 4 th high since on a hill - if I ever do get a vehicle and it gets flooded I'm outta here :P

Before I actually moved here I thought - "no way can I live in a shoebox" Hell my bedroom and office was  that big in states.

But having been here for 5 months  very livable  - how she spends 2 hrs every morning cleaning I still can't understand. :sorry:

I'm not that messy

Edited by lamoe
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lee said:

Except if the utilities are all hooked up on the first floor or in the basement.  You may remain dry, but you may also be without power, sewer and water.

1 minute ago, Kreole said:

Except if the utilities are all hooked up on the first floor or in the basement.  You may remain dry, but you may also be without power, sewer and water.

And how would that be different if you were in a home instead of a condo, at least in a condo the occupants would stay dry and not be washed away. 

BTW in our condo the utilities are on the main floor, way above where any flooding could happen. 

So let me get this straight if the bottom floor floods and you live on the upper floors its all good because it did not affect you. Yet you will still pay to repair the building. So this turned into a buy a condo is smarter.  Ha ha ha could change the title to trapped in my shoebox no where to go

Edited by smokey
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, smokey said:

So let me get this straight if the bottom floor floods and you live on the upper floors its all good because it did not affect you. Yet you will still pay to repair the building. So this turned into a buy a condo is smarter.  Ha ha ha could change the title to trapped in my shoebox no where to go

Robert stop imbibing while posting. 

5 minutes ago, Lee said:

Robert stop imbibing while posting. 

I will if you stop turning every post on anything into buy condo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2