Sign in to follow this  
juanico

Gun shop in CebuCity AND trolling teaser

juanico

Hi guys

wifey just got her LTOPF, so we can go shopping for a gun now. Looking for a simple, short shotgun, nothing fancy.

Can someone recommend a good gun shop in Cebu? Unfortunately the one in SM Cebu City went out of business.

The other one I know is close to Mango/Fuente Osmena, but they have catalogs only, no stock in the shop...

AND

looking for a trolling teaser. Checked out a few fishing supply shops in Cebu, but no luck so far...any hints?

cheers

Shovel

• Like 1

Lee

Twin Pines Guns & Ammo in Raintree Mall

Capture.JPG.664f25ee8691fb664edcf673499b7dc3.JPG

hyaku
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Twin Pines Guns & Ammo in Raintree Mall

Capture.JPG.664f25ee8691fb664edcf673499b7dc3.JPG

This ones open. I was in there last July looking for lazer sights.

Headshot
11 hours ago, juanico said:

wifey just got her LTOPF, so we can go shopping for a gun now. Looking for a simple, short shotgun, nothing fancy.

Shovel, don't make the mistake of getting a shotgun with a pistol grip (that are popular with security companies here). They kick back violently when fired and will knock your front teeth out if not handled properly. Most of the guards that carry them have never actually fired them (I have asked many guards, and none have ever fired their shotgun).

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

the.lone.gunman
58 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Shovel, don't make the mistake of getting a shotgun with a pistol grip (that are popular with security companies here). They kick back violently when fired and will knock your front teeth out if not handled properly. Most of the guards that carry them have never actually fired them (I have asked many guards, and none have ever fired their shotgun).

Even if u hold them " properly " it is very hard on the wrists.

RogerDat

There is a gun shop in Subagdaku, not sure of the name. On the right side going past San Megel Beer to SM City.

juanico

thanks guys

@ headshot: indeed i wanted to go for that type of gun, will reconsider

Edited by juanico

Headshot
2 hours ago, juanico said:

thanks guys

@ headshot: indeed i wanted to go for that type of gun, will reconsider

You would be better off with a pump or semi-auto with a shoulder stock. You can get them with a fairly short barrel, so they are good for home defense. Besides, the simple act of chambering a shell with either a pump or semi-auto shotgun will scare off all but the most determined intruder (it has a sound that almost any bad guy will recognize instantly). If the sound of a round being chambered doesn't scare them off, then you had better be prepared to kill someone ... because they are certainly prepared to kill you.

angbumabasa

Hopefully you will never have to fire a .12ga in a confined area. From experience I can tell you without ear protection it will definitely get your ears ringing for, at best, the rest of the day.

Lee

I do not know if they sell the Model 870 Tac-14 | Remington there but if they do and if it is legal then that might be a great home and car self defense gun, it recently came out in the U.S. and is apparently legal, how I do not know because before it would have been considered a short shotgun and would have needed a federal tax stamp but now it is legal. https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14

Capture.thumb.JPG.1acdfd4831719f663f87a24df6bb9f3f.JPG

DeedleNuts
6 hours ago, Lee said:

I do not know if they sell the Model 870 Tac-14 | Remington there but if they do and if it is legal then that might be a great home and car self defense gun, it recently came out in the U.S. and is apparently legal, how I do not know because before it would have been considered a short shotgun and would have needed a federal tax stamp but now it is legal. https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14

Mossberg makes a 590 Shockwave that's virtually identical. It's legal in most of the USA because it's never been designed to be fired from the shoulder and thus does not fall into a restrictive NFA category. If local laws allow one can add a buttstock pretty easily and have a SBS, but in the USA this requires an approved and completed ATF form 1 to be legal. 

37580-DEFAULT-l.jpg

• Like 1

Kabisay-an gid
10 hours ago, Lee said:

Not trying to be a smartass toward Lee, but that shotgun won't be legal for foreigners in the Philippines until pigs are able to fly.

"Shorty Shotties" like that are only for very experienced shooters. They kick like a mule and are difficult for most people to aim and control, especially in a SHTF situation when one is under a high degree of stress.

Speaking as one who has been a firearms trainer for many years and fired very similar shotguns, I wouldn't recommend "shorty shotties" for self-defense.

I personally prefer a double-stack .45 auto for self-defense, and the "little lady" prefers a 9mm.

My :twocents:

Lee
37 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Not trying to be a smartass toward Lee, but that shotgun won't be legal for foreigners in the Philippines until pigs are able to fly.

"Shorty Shotties" like that are only for very experienced shooters. They kick like a mule and are difficult for most people to aim and control, especially in a SHTF situation when one is under a high degree of stress.

Speaking as one who has been a firearms trainer for many years and fired very similar shotguns, I wouldn't recommend "shorty shotties" for self-defense.

I personally prefer a double-stack .45 auto for self-defense, and the "little lady" prefers a 9mm.

My :twocents:

Not to knock your opinion but I shoot short shotguns but with regular pistol grips with 2-3/4 inch 000 buck in them with one hand and my wife who is all of 105 lbs has no problem shooting it either but she uses both hands. I of course would not recommend a shotgun like that to anyone who has no experience with shotguns but at the same time there is nothing that gets a scumbag attention like hearing a pump action shotgun slide jacking one into the chamber, that alone is usually enough to send anyone who is not on drugs running.

BTW I too taught many people to shoot over the years including many a rookie police officer, many people including new police officers could not hit a man standing 10 feet in front of them while under stress, so a handgun for home would only work if someone has practiced a lot. I have shot hundreds of thousands of rounds during my lifetime and while I keep a handgun at the ready at home and carry one daily for the last 48 years, if given the time and choice then I would pick my Ithaca 37 shotgun.  

Edited by Lee

DeedleNuts

Can use mini shells in them as well.