Buy GBP

sierra01

I need to buy some sterling but every bank and money changer I've been to either says a simple no, only $, or has a blank look on their face.  There must be somewhere here that sells one of the worlds major currencies, isn't there?

Headshot

Do you have a bank account here? I would start by asking the manager at your bank. Banks are the most likely source for foreign currencies here in the Philippines.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Do you have a bank account here? I would start by asking the manager at your bank. Banks are the most likely source for foreign currencies here in the Philippines.

I use my gf account, we haven't asked at her branch yet but at others it's $ only.  The first place I asked at I said i wanted to buy sterling, that drew a blank look from the girl until I changed it to GBP.

You might wish to try the money changer in Robinson's Mall on the circle. 

1 hour ago, Lee said:

You might wish to try the money changer in Robinson's Mall on the circle. 

Is that the Robinsons Galleria near the docks?

2 minutes ago, sierra01 said:

Is that the Robinsons Galleria near the docks?

No, the original one on Osmena circle, I believe the phone number is 255 8992 and there is also one in Cybergate Mall also on the circle.   

It's been a long day, I've just twigged what you mean by circle!  I rarely get to the side of town so I don't know it at all, way too classy for this Bognor boy!

1 minute ago, sierra01 said:

It's been a long day, I've just twigged what you mean by circle!  I rarely get to the side of town so I don't know it at all, way too classy for this Bognor boy!

The owner Loy is/was married to a foreigner (as long as nothing has changed), so if they say no, see if you can get to talk to her.