Depositing Dollars

I've deposited pesos in other people's accounts before but I'm wondering is it possible to deposit USD into someone else's dollar account?  And if that's acceptable, how about a dollar check?

Depends on your bank

I've deposited $ in daughter's account after completing very simple procedure

Input account # routing #  and trial small deposits then made by bank itself -  had to use the exact amounts deposited in her account  as verification before doing it with larger amounts

Can't take out - only put in

8 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I've deposited pesos in other people's accounts before but I'm wondering is it possible to deposit USD into someone else's dollar account?  And if that's acceptable, how about a dollar check?

There may be a fee at some banks such as BDO :unsure: beyond that I have had dollars deposited into my Band of Commerce and BPI dollar accounts by others in years past with no issues. As for checks, I do not know, I do know banks do not like to take any second hand checks but one made out to the account holder should be okay, in years past I had mailed a U.S. dollar check to a friend and she deposited it into our account.

In other words, there should be no reason why it cannot be done but we do know different banks have different standards.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Lee said:

In other words, there should be no reason why it cannot be done but we do know different banks have different standards.

And different rules and regulations and every time I think, "that shouldn't be a problem" I remind myself where I am which is why I asked.  Thanks.

• Like 1

My bank, Metrobank, allows check deposits for a fee.  If the check is written to me, I have to endorse the check.  Very routine. Fee is $2.50. Cash deposits can be made as well, though I don’t know about a cash deposit to someone else’s. Account. 

26 minutes ago, Jawny said:

My bank, Metrobank, allows check deposits for a fee.  If the check is written to me, I have to endorse the check.  Very routine. Fee is $2.50. Cash deposits can be made as well, though I don’t know about a cash deposit to someone else’s. Account. 

Are you depositing a dollar check into someone else's account or is someone else depositing  a dollar check  into your account?

53 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Are you depositing a dollar check into someone else's account or is someone else depositing  a dollar check  into your account?

No, I have not made a dollar check deposit into someone else’s account.  If I were to do so, I would write the check to the person, who would then endorse the check for deposit.  

When I want to write a check to deposit to into my account, I write the check to myself or to "cash" and endorse the check for deposit. 

Headshot
10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Yes, but there will likely be a 21 business day wait before the money is available. My dad sends me checks from time to time, and that is how it works.

Edited by Headshot
1 hour ago, Jawny said:

No, I have not made a dollar check deposit into someone else’s account.  If I were to do so, I would write the check to the person, who would then endorse the check for deposit.  

When I want to write a check to deposit to into my account, I write the check to myself or to "cash" and endorse the check for deposit. 

If you would read my OP then you'd see the question is about depositing a dollar check into someone else's dollar account.

1 hour ago, Headshot said:

Yes, but there will likely be a 21 business day wait before the money is available. My dad sends me checks from time to time, and that is how it works.

But then that is you depositing into your account.  I'm asking about depositing into someone else's account.  And yes, I realize it's going to take a month to clear.

Edited by SkyMan
Headshot
3 hours ago, SkyMan said:

But then that is you depositing into your account.  I'm asking about depositing into someone else's account.  And yes, I realize it's going to take a month to clear.

Yes, you can deposit a check in another person's dollar account (provided you have their account information). It is treated the same as if they deposited it themselves. They bank makes sure the check clears, and then give themselves plenty of float time, regardless of who deposited the check.

RogerDat

I have deposited dollars to my wife's account at Metrobank with no problem.