Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Air Asia Economy experience?

Kreole

I will be flying Air Asia from Cebu to Kaula Lumpur.  Anyone have experience flying with this airline within SE Asia?  It is only a 3 to 4 hour flight, so I can deal with whatever arrangements.  Still it would be good to know if it generally arrives on time, comfortable seats? etc?  Thanks ahead.

oztony
1 minute ago, Kreole said:

I will be flying Air Asia from Cebu to Kaula Lumpur.  Anyone have experience flying with this airline within SE Asia?  It is only a 3 to 4 hour flight, so I can deal with whatever arrangements.  Still it would be good to know if it generally arrives on time, comfortable seats? etc?  Thanks ahead.

Not bad , have done that trip with them .....just don't ever fly with the sister company Air Asia X , they do the following long leg destinations from KL onwards....the worst airline I have ever flown with ....luckily the 2 are separately operated......

AlGae

Yeah I flew AirAsia to KL last May. Left Cebu @ 0705 flight Z2 7110. Arrived KL on time 11AM.

For a short flight, the seats were comfortable enough. I didn't partake of their food or anything.

Took AirAsia back 5 days later to Cebu, left KL @1130AM. Same same.

mexiwi

I've done Air Asia X, but only in exit rows or their premium economy.

Wife did CEB-KUL on Air Asia with no complaint.

Note there are about 7 airlines under the Air Asia brand.

Do not fly the Indonesian Air Asia or Air Asia X if you like to arrive alive, in fact, apply that to any Indonesian airline.

Ozbrum

Looking to have a week in Vietnam before Xmas.... this airline has some cheap fares ex Manila at the moment... I believe it is a new route for them.

Edited by Ozbrum

GwapoGuy
38 minutes ago, AlGae said:

Took AirAsia back 5 days later to Cebu, left KL @1130AM. Same same.

Have never flown them and I'm already a little nervous because they have changed the flight times on flight #Z2 7111 KUL >> CEB departing 5:45 PM and arriving 9:45 PM.

Flakes

Its not great but u get a bit lower priced tickets.

best is with handlugage only.

Kreole
37 minutes ago, GwapoGuy said:

Have never flown them and I'm already a little nervous because they have changed the flight times on flight #Z2 7111 KUL >> CEB departing 5:45 PM and arriving 9:45 PM.

That is good to know.  What number did you call to find out if there is a change of schedule?  Online?  It looks like we have the same schedule, so a change for you would also be a change for me.  I have received no information from Air Asia about a change, and I am supposed to fly out Sunday morning and return Monday.   This is just a visa turn around trip, so I do not plan to do any sight seeing.    

This is my schedule: 

Flight #7010 Cebu-KUL departs 7:05 am Sunday, arrives 10:55 am

Flight #7111 KUL-Cebu departs 11:20 am Monday, arrives 3:20 pm

Kreole
2 hours ago, mexiwi said:

I've done Air Asia X, but only in exit rows or their premium economy.

Wife did CEB-KUL on Air Asia with no complaint.

Note there are about 7 airlines under the Air Asia brand.

Do not fly the Indonesian Air Asia or Air Asia X if you like to arrive alive, in fact, apply that to any Indonesian airline.

I just re-read my Air Asia ticket and it is Air Asia Zest.  Does that make any difference?

LechonBuddha

I'll never book another flight on anything Air Asia related. I've had two flights cancelled (not delayed) with very short notice requiring me to pay out the azz for alternate flights. They also made it difficult to get a refund when it should have been automatic. Believe one of their planes flying recently from Australia to Kul lost an engine and had to turn back. 

• Confused 1

Derick
2 hours ago, LechonBuddha said:

I'll never book another flight on anything Air Asia related. I've had two flights cancelled (not delayed) with very short notice requiring me to pay out the azz for alternate flights. They also made it difficult to get a refund when it should have been automatic. Believe one of their planes flying recently from Australia to Kul lost an engine and had to turn back. 

Had the same experience out of Don Muang in BKK a few times flying internally but it was an excuse to GF to go back into the entertainment without her any the wiser.

liquido

IMO through thorough investigation considering PAL and CP the flight attendants on AirA are the hottest looking..Maybe due to there tight fitting skirts and the allowance of them to wear there hair down instead of it being glued to there head..

Edited by liquido

bkkmarlowe

I have done the Cebu to KL sector many times with Air Asia. The GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR maxim applies with this budget airline. Standard seats are bearable for the short trip, but you have the option to pay extra for bigger, roomier comfortable seats, called HOT SEATS.

Food is just passable at around 150 pesos for a small portion of rice and chicken or beef. No pork is offered.

Overall, they will get you there on time, but female Flight Attendant uniforms are the only plus with this airline.

mexiwi
9 hours ago, Kreole said:

I just re-read my Air Asia ticket and it is Air Asia Zest.  Does that make any difference?

That is the old Zest Airways, formerly Asian Spirit.

They were grounded by the Philippines authorities a few years ago.

Kreole
50 minutes ago, mexiwi said:

That is the old Zest Airways, formerly Asian Spirit.

They were grounded by the Philippines authorities a few years ago.

That's interesting since that is what the ticket reads.