Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Beware Lazada-LBC Complaint

Kreole

I just had one of the worst experiences with getting a Lazada refund, which should have taken about 5 minutes after my submitting the "required documents".  Below is the complaint letter I just sent to Lazada, and will soon write a similar letter to LBC.  There is no acceptable reason for LBC or their bank to have personal information on a Lazada customer in order to get a refund.  When I return to LBC today, I am going to demand that they back out all of the information about me except only that required by law regarding the refund.   

Good people,

I would like to lodge a formal complaint against your using LBC as a remittance agencyI went into the office to collect the remittance after submitting the required documentation, and the agent there said she could not give me the money until I had an LBC identity card.  I said I do NOT want an LBC identity card, but she refused to process my remittance until I had filled out their form for an ID card.  The form asks very personal questions and I refused to answer some of them because they are none of LBC or anyone else's business.  Nevertheless, I submitted the form and then it took over an hour to process their ID form.  I had to leave and return 3 times and finally demanded my identification and documents back immediately.  They returned my documents but said the transaction with the bank had not been completed.  I asked what WTF the bank has to do with my remittance, and she said it was a "requirement".  I returned hours later the same day and the money had still not been approved.  So, I am returning today to get the funds that should have taken a total of 5 minutes to retrieve.

I am planning to write on social media to warn others about your lack of oversight with LBC and the fact that they are illegally demanding personal information from anyone who comes in to get a Lazada refund, and even then, it takes them more than a day to actually get the money to the recipient.  You need to contact LBC IMMEDIATELY and tell them to stop this shit or you are going to lose customers, starting with me.  I am really pissed off about this unnecessary runaround and delay, and the illegal demands for my personal information regarding an LBC identification number.

I am sorry to blow up like this but it is just insane to put your customers through this hassle just to get their money back.  I am currently residing in the Philippines, and you can text me at my mobile number:  0933 xxx xxxx.  Thank you for your time and consideration in this important matter and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

• Thanks 1

sierra01

Hopefully you'll get somewhere but I have my doubts, customer service in the Philippines is mostly non existent but swearing definitely won't help your case.

I've also had a bad experience with Lazada, bought a blender, it ran for 1 second, smoked a bit and quietly passed away.  Refund?  I tried but eventually gave up.  Now I never buy electricals from them.

Alfred E. Neuman

This refund better be worth your time and emotional torment.

Highlighter

What where the "very personal questions" on the form?

David_LivinginTalisay

Make the payments to Lazada using PayPal.   I cancelled an Order before it was shipped and the money I paid got credited back automatically.

When a WiFi Router did not even Power up (the PSU was OK, it was an internal Router Problem) I demanded a Refund, not a Replacement.  The money I paid for the Router was credited back to my PayPal Account.  

The return shipment was handled by LBC Express @ Robinsons, Tabunok. I did not have to pay anything.

• Like 3

Paul

I have only used a credit card to pay Lazada, thus far. But, everything I have purchased from them has been sent in an orderly fashion, received in good working order, and no issues thus far. Granted, I haven't purchased a lot from them. But, considering I have been outside the country for each purchase, I can't complain. 

HeyMike

I have not had a problem with Lazada, but I never had to return anything. My big problem is with them using LBC for their deliveries. I just finished talking with LBC's customer service.

I ordered a bike for my daughter from Lazada. They said it will be delivered on Sept. 8th. Nope. LBC's tracking page said the bike was forwarded to Santander on Sept. 9th,  about 2 and a half hours from me. It stayed there for 12 days. I spoke to LBC customer service and they said it will arrive this week. Yesterday, the tracking said it was in Carcar and to expect it to be delivered within the day. Nope. So now they said it will be delivered tomorrow, Sept. 22nd. If it is not here tomorrow, I will go to Gaisano and pick up a different bike. If and when the bike does get delivered after that, I will tell the driver to keep it. It is COD.   

• Like 1

Kreole
6 hours ago, Kreole said:

I just had one of the worst experiences with getting a Lazada refund, which should have taken about 5 minutes after my submitting the "required documents".  Below is the complaint letter I just sent to Lazada, and will soon write a similar letter to LBC.  There is no acceptable reason for LBC or their bank to have personal information on a Lazada customer in order to get a refund.  When I return to LBC today, I am going to demand that they back out all of the information about me except only that required by law regarding the refund.   

Good people,

I would like to lodge a formal complaint against your using LBC as a remittance agencyI went into the office to collect the remittance after submitting the required documentation, and the agent there said she could not give me the money until I had an LBC identity card.  I said I do NOT want an LBC identity card, but she refused to process my remittance until I had filled out their form for an ID card.  The form asks very personal questions and I refused to answer some of them because they are none of LBC or anyone else's business.  Nevertheless, I submitted the form and then it took over an hour to process their ID form.  I had to leave and return 3 times and finally demanded my identification and documents back immediately.  They returned my documents but said the transaction with the bank had not been completed.  I asked what WTF the bank has to do with my remittance, and she said it was a "requirement".  I returned hours later the same day and the money had still not been approved.  So, I am returning today to get the funds that should have taken a total of 5 minutes to retrieve.

I am planning to write on social media to warn others about your lack of oversight with LBC and the fact that they are illegally demanding personal information from anyone who comes in to get a Lazada refund, and even then, it takes them more than a day to actually get the money to the recipient.  You need to contact LBC IMMEDIATELY and tell them to stop this shit or you are going to lose customers, starting with me.  I am really pissed off about this unnecessary runaround and delay, and the illegal demands for my personal information regarding an LBC identification number.

I am sorry to blow up like this but it is just insane to put your customers through this hassle just to get their money back.  I am currently residing in the Philippines, and you can text me at my mobile number:  0933 xxx xxxx.  Thank you for your time and consideration in this important matter and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Update:

I have finally given up on LBC, after having gone back this afternoon and they still did not have a confirmation and no refund.  It has been 3 days now that I have been trying to get this processed, and will never again elect to have LBC be the agent for any Lazada refund, if I ever use Lazada again.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to go through the hoops that LBC creates as a matter of policy.  I forgot to add that they also took a photo of my face, and that was the thing that really pissed me off.  I will try to settle this matter through Lazada and just f*ck LBC.  Let this be a warning to all, as you will be required to go through the same shit and still not get your refund.  Or maybe you may be more fortunate than me and get your refund in 2 days.  

What amazed me was just how incompetent were the LBC staff, each time assuring me that the funds were forthcoming and then the same excuse day after day.  The amount of P 1,640 was not worth the bother, and certainly I will not go through this again.  The reason for the refund was that I bought some brand name flash drive which were not only fake, but crashed my laptop 3 times.  I suggested to Lazada that the seller should be banned, but got no reply.  I believe that Lazada is well meaning, but does not have good oversight concerning vendors or remittance policy by LBC.

• Thanks 1

Kreole
1 hour ago, Paul said:

I have only used a credit card to pay Lazada, thus far. But, everything I have purchased from them has been sent in an orderly fashion, received in good working order, and no issues thus far. Granted, I haven't purchased a lot from them. But, considering I have been outside the country for each purchase, I can't complain. 

Good advice.  I will follow that protocol in the future.

Kreole
2 hours ago, Highlighter said:

What where the "very personal questions" on the form?

They wanted to know where I received my funds, my age, sex, my employment status, my temporary and permanent address, etc.  All the the information necessary to target ads and to sell to other businesses.  When was the last time any money transfer company asked for this personal information to send or receive funds?

delancey

We unknowingly got an older generation well branded top name toy for 50% off. Since I never see deals like that in the Philippines, I checked Amazon U.S.A out of suspicion. The older generation I bought was off the market in the U.S.A. Complaints of crib fire issues. The newer generation was already released.

I have a suspicion items that are defective or that do not meet proper standards are supposed to be destroyed but get bulk sold here or are already here and never get destroyed. They find a secondary market here.

On top of that people are conditioned here that you are somehow guilty for trying to return something. You start out in a terrible negotiating position.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Monsoon
16 hours ago, delancey said:

I have a suspicion items that are defective or that do not meet proper standards are supposed to be destroyed but get bulk sold here or are already here and never get destroyed. They find a secondary market here.

It has been a long standing joke (but sadly true) that the Philippines gets sent the stuff nobody else wants. Even stuff that would be rejected from the Chinese consumer market. 

• Like 2

liquido
5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

It has been a long standing joke (but sadly true) that the Philippines gets sent the stuff nobody else wants. Even stuff that would be rejected from the Chinese consumer market. 

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I been here 10 years...I can always spot a man that knows the ropes here...

HeyMike

Finally got my daughter's bike from Lazada via LBC. I ordered a "Barbie" bike that she wanted... they sent a Hello Kitty bike. Fortunately, the bike is pink, so my daughter said it was fine. After being 2 weeks late with the delivery, there was no way she was sending it back.

Kreole
23 hours ago, delancey said:

We unknowingly got an older generation well branded top name toy for 50% off. Since I never see deals like that in the Philippines, I checked Amazon U.S.A out of suspicion. The older generation I bought was off the market in the U.S.A. Complaints of crib fire issues. The newer generation was already released.

On top of that people are conditioned here that you are somehow guilty for trying to return something. You start out in a terrible negotiating position.

Filipinos generally never complain about poor quality because they know it will do no good.  It is what it is, and I think, at some point, foreigners need to get comfortable with that fact.  An intelligent foreigner should research any products  before purchase anyway.  However, many of the "brand name" goods are just cheap China knock offs.  I don't really fuss over that since the emphasis is on cheap.  I just bought a very nice brand name shoulder bag for $7.00, which would have cost $30 to $50 in the US.  I do not know if there are any consumer protection laws here, but if there are, I would guess that they are rarely enforced.

• Thanks 1