Sign in to follow this  
Dafey

Alibaba experience

Dafey

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing from Alibaba recently? Particularly from China companies?

cogon88
1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing from Alibaba recently? Particularly from China companies?

I have had 3 shipments last 2 months mostly spare parts for equipment, Steering gear for Foton Truck, Turbo for Detroit Diesel, and electronic scale for bagging machine. I shipped all of these by DHL Air note your order with freight included must be under 500 USD or you will need to hire customs broker to clear p goods with lots of extra charges / Companies were all very professional was able to pay by wire transfer with no problems

• Like 1

SkyMan

I bought solar panels/inverter from one company which was ok except the panels got hit with a customs charge for an extra $100.  

Then I bought a gas jack hammer.  After paying for it they tried to raise the price now because the shipper was claiming I was in a remote area so there was an extra charge which I have never heard before.  I refused and demanded a refund.  They relented and sent it. I think there was like $5 customs.  The unit, however, was not the unit pictured in the ad (ad has been corrected since) and it was somewhat bent in shipment.  It worked though and did what was needed at the time.  I'll probably need it again in the future.

• Like 1