Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Air Juan trip to Bantayan

liquido
3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I can think of four or five places in the Phils that they have been saying that very thing about for oh, at least the last ten years that I know of! 

Well then its safe to say it will not happen in my life time...

• Like 1

the.lone.gunman

I don't like the buses  or v-hires. I took a taxi once from Diplomat Hotel to the Bantayan ferry, cost was 3500p I think, i returned in a v-hire, it was cheap but i forget the cost. I would have flown but there was no air service in 2013. The airfare Lamoe paid was  a good deal, and under an hour to get there. What a deal. I think i will go to Bantayan again now that there is air service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mexiwi
4 hours ago, Travis said:

Mu back yard

Nice

My Uncle is in Sheridan, nice spot, hope to visit next year.

I've been to Bantayan once, Ceres aircon bus on the way up, and shared a private hire on the way home.

Bus, nup, I'm 6'4 with a stuffed back, not again. Private hire was ok. German guy got onto it from one of the crew on the ferry, he asked if my wife and I wanted to share with him and his wife - Tarago, ok drive, was 1500p each I think.

But still a couple of hours in the traffic.

I just visit Phils so if I go back to Bantayan I'd definitely consider Air Juan

Travis
Just now, mexiwi said:

Nice

My Uncle is in Sheridan, nice spot, hope to visit next year.

I live very close to sheridan.

Just now, mexiwi said:

Bus, nup, I'm 6'4 with a stuffed back, not again. Private hire was ok. German guy got onto it from one of the crew on the ferry, he asked if my wife and I wanted to share with him and his wife - Tarago, ok drive, was 1500p each I think.

Not following you there.

What is Targo

What is a private hire?  car , bus??

Davaoeno
4 minutes ago, Travis said:

What is Targo

Google is your friend

• Thanks 1

Travis
Just now, Davaoeno said:

Google is your friend

Or I could just ask the gentleman that posted it along with my second question. 

• Like 4

A_Simple_Man

It seems like flying would be the first choice for those who have the budget.  OK, we who believed the hype about $1,000 a month being enough have to take the second choice of the air conditioned bus where we can sit back and watch the movie or watch the scenery.  Some people in the middle (budget wise) have a third choice to take a taxi as they can get picked up at home.  Thus they do not have to get ready so early and fight the traffic to the bus depot or the airport.  Now if the 2Go ferry was to run all the way from Cebu to Bantayan we would have a fourth choice and then we could say:

Juan for the money

2, for the show

3, to get ready and

4, 2Go

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

mexiwi
6 hours ago, Travis said:

Or I could just ask the gentleman that posted it along with my second question. 

Toyota Tarago, minivan you would call it in the USA.

Private hire car, guy had taken a fare up from Cebu to Hagnaya, he then had contacted one of the crew on the ferry who asked around if anyone wanted a car back to Cebu, so German guy was keen (had wife and baby) but asked us to get the price down a bit.

We didn't commit until we saw the vehicle. I did have the guy's phone number in my phone but not now I think.

badian
On 19/09/2017 at 4:13 AM, Travis said:

Hell even if the ticket was $150.00 per person i would do it . feck riding on a hot buss for hours.  Time is money baby.

the buses are not not 'hot'. I haven't seen a non-aircon bus in barangay Hagnaya for about 6 years. They are comfortable,reasonably fast, and the journey has improved a great deal. The rest stop in Carmen, for example, is now a proper service area with a decent range of refreshments. 10 years ago you could get a bit of hanging rice there, some mouldy chicken and that was about it.  Now they're doing a half-decent Jollibee impression. 

there are now direct buses too, direct to Santa Fe so you don't have to get your bag off the bus. The fare to Santa Fe is 210 pesos, $5, plus another $4 for the ferry. I was able to get dropped off directly at my guest house so no trycycle required. If you get the 8pm direct bus you'll be in the guesthouse by 12.30 at a total cost, not including a probable two dollar taxi ride to the Mandaue bus terminal, of $9.

Santa Fe is still good value. Adequate guest house with access to refridgerator, 4-500. Motorbike hire is still as low as 250.

as usual the foreigner places in Santa Fe are not really worth bothering with with the Stumble Inn being the best of them. Kanimambo is the name of the new videoke/cocktail lounge opened up right next to the airport and this is where the local talent assembles on Friday and Saturday nights - they are not expecting any foreigners to be there this gives you the advantage, of surprise. Wait until about 9pm. Grandes are 100. Rice 15. Sisig good for 2, 150. 

liquido
4 hours ago, badian said:

I haven't seen a non-aircon bus in barangay Hagnaya for about 6 years

Did the Cebu Hagnaya Bantayan Island journey about 3 months back and yes they still have non-aircon busses running Hagnaya to Cebu..

Kanimambo is the name of the new videoke/cocktail lounge opened up right next to the airport and this is where the local talent assembles on Friday and Saturday nights

When did that open up?They really need a place like that there.. I have seen so many places open and close since I have been going there...

The rest stop in Carmen,

Very low quality food there and questionable hygene IMHO...Better to bring your own food on the bus