Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Air Juan trip to Bantayan

lamoe

Flew to Bantayan for the weekend

Left condo at 8:15 AM on Friday, arrived Mactan Airport at 8:50 - inspections ,  check in , and at gate by 9:20 - they did weight check in bags but not carry on

At 9:55 van pulled up - boarded -  9 passenger puddle jumper -  4 passengers total - 30 min flight - female pilot - landed at 10:30 - resort van was waiting  - at resort by 10:50

Flight back this morning at 11 AM - resort van got us there by 10:30  - check in was a joke - serious - Ayala mall is more  - needn't inspect bags other than asked us to open them -but not carry on - also didn't even ask for tickets - Caucasian male pilot

Got there - 1 other couple waiting -said as soon  as the final couple showed up we'd leave - lots of rain this morning wanted to take off before it started again

Arrived early circled a few times - landed on time

5,152   + 100 P bribe to leave Bantayan = 5,252 total  = $105 USD better than 4 1/2 hour buss ride and 1 hour ferry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

liquido

Nice to hear...I completely forgot about Air Juan.....

samatm

Thank you for that report.   PLEASE post pics..     Cant wait for more Cessna Caravan flights.. especially the amphibian types.   I heard there is a seaplane port underway in cebu.     

davehud

Wow!  I hope they can stay in business. A half full plane and only $105 a ticket...

SkyMan
14 hours ago, lamoe said:

5,152   + 100 P bribe to leave Bantayan = 5,252 total  = $105 USD better than 4 1/2 hour buss ride and 1 hour ferry

Each? Or both?  The bus ride and ferry run about p200 pp so it depends on your definition of "better."

• Sad 1

lamoe
6 hours ago, samatm said:

Thank you for that report.   PLEASE post pics..     Cant wait for more Cessna Caravan flights.. especially the amphibian types.   I heard there is a seaplane port underway in cebu.     

Separate post on the trip itself

5 hours ago, davehud said:

Wow!  I hope they can stay in business. A half full plane and only $105 a ticket...

No No - $105 TOTAL - $52.50? A ticket for round trip

To SkyMan

"Each? Or both?  The bus ride and ferry run about p200 pp so it depends on your definition of "better." "

Gained 4 to 5 hours on each leg of trip - with the extra to avoid the bus

Edited by lamoe

mexiwi

I would pay 5000 to avoid the bus too

• Like 1

A_Simple_Man
12 minutes ago, lamoe said:

It seems good value for the money.  Its a matter of what your time is worth. Lets do the math.

Saving 5 hours each for a cost of $50 means your time is worth more that the $10 an hour it cost you.  Hmmm.  Maybe its not good value.  There are many who only earn $10 for a whole day's work. Heck, there are many foreigners here living on a budget of less than $50 a day for all their expenses and they support a wife/gf on that.

So I calculate this puts you in the category of "rich foreigner"

lamoe
25 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

It seems good value for the money.  Its a matter of what your time is worth. Lets do the math.

Saving 5 hours each for a cost of $50 means your time is worth more that the $10 an hour it cost you.  Hmmm.  Maybe its not good value.  There are many who only earn $10 for a whole day's work. Heck, there are many foreigners here living on a budget of less than $50 a day for all their expenses and they support a wife/gf on that.

So I calculate this puts you in the category of "rich foreigner"

Not what my time is worth - what my well being and satisfaction is worth. For me it was a great value to start vacation relaxed and not stressed - don't forget I am 70

Math is off - 5 hours each way = 10 hours minus  - 400 P - bus / ferry = $4.20 hr?

"So I calculate this puts you in the category of "rich foreigner""

Kind of - more like sensible whole life and now can do as I want I want and how I want

Consider last night my dinner was 3 bananas, rice and 9P package of soup  = 25 P tops? 

Why? Because that's what I wanted - tonight if she's feeling better (caught my cold), we'll go to the Suma Bowl at Ayala - still have  buy 1 get 1 coupons

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2

SkyMan

Didn't mean to start a massive debate here.  Just pointing out that different people have different wants/needs/priorities/budgets and so you can't make a blanket statement that one way is better than another.   

• Thanks 1

Kreole

No doubt Air Juan is worth the money.  20 minutes from Siquijor to Cebu and return same.  I used to take the big ferry at 11 hours one way.  Air Juan has cheap promo prices now to induce people to use the service and I hope it grows to justify their costs.

• Thanks 1

SkyMan
33 minutes ago, Kreole said:

I used to take the big ferry at 11 hours one way.

11 Hours from Siquijor to Cebu City?  

• Confused 1

samatm

do you have anymore pics of the Flight, the airplane , etc..   

Travis
3 hours ago, lamoe said:

Separate post on the trip itself

No No - $105 TOTAL - $52.50? A ticket for round trip

To SkyMan

"Each? Or both?  The bus ride and ferry run about p200 pp so it depends on your definition of "better." "

Hell even if the ticket was $150.00 per person i would do it . feck riding on a hot buss for hours.  Time is money baby.

colemanlee

Air Juan flies out of Manila to Subic also, use the float plane out of Manila Bay....but land in the old Cubi point base...They might fly other places...seems like the same charge, about 2500php per head