Dumaguete has become a war zone, again.

A_Simple_Man
4 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socially acceptable?

I'm not saying that.  I am saying there are people who are targeted for various reasons.  I am saying Dumaguete is not yet an indiscriminate war zone where expats have to stay indoors for fear of getting killed.  Certain people have targets on them and I would surely move in a hurry if one got painted on me.  But so far its business as usual for the average retiree, here in Duma.

• Like 1
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• A_Simple_Man

• smokey

• Soarking

• rep1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No - it's what's attached to it that matters. If that's all I wanted I could afford to rent it when ever I wanted  "My love please let me do that for you" is worth more to me than  1 hour  a

There are 3 things you never mess with that belong to a filipino- his home, his women, or his toothpick !! 

They had just visited the scammers.  And they were publicly executed by a tandem riding team with no plates. Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socia

Posted Images

Soarking
1 minute ago, A_Simple_Man said:

Certain people have targets on them and I would surely move in a hurry if one got painted on me

Unfortunately a person doesn't always know who they might of pissed off or belittled before they get the target painted on them.   It doesn't take much to become a target here with tandem motorcycle shootings being so easy and cheap.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Irenicus said:

They had just visited the scammers.  And they were publicly executed by a tandem riding team with no plates.

Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socially acceptable?

Well I have been here 15 years and shooting people in the head is part of their culture it happens often in our province either over politics, land or offending some one while driving, drinking binges or just for the fun of it

But since the drug crack down it has slowed up some what as the police are more aggressive now

More then likely the guy in charge of the ID Scam is eliminating witnesses nothing new here a few years back there were 44 plus news people murdered and buried in their cars to eliminate witnesses after they killed a political rival in the motorcade and still no one was convicted 

• Like 1

Cebu still seems safe to me for the most part. Of course the main thing is the news in the Philippines sucks when related to crimes, sometimes they get reported, but more times than not, they do not if it is a local that is killed, so who really knows how much crime there really is. I guess all we have to worry about is expats and their families getting killed, stay safe all.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Cebu still seems safe to me for the most part. Of course the main thing is the news in the Philippines sucks when related to crimes, sometimes they get reported, but more times than not, they do not if it is a local that is killed, so who really knows how much crime there really is. I guess all we have to worry about is expats and their families getting killed, stay safe all.

well lee I don't want to throw off your numbers but as there is most likely  150,000 locals to one foreigner seems its a sure bet more locals will as they say bite the bullet 

5 hours ago, Soarking said:

Killing in the streets,  motor vehicle accidents causing death or serious injury, DRUGS and associated crimes, bad air and water, no sewer system,  poor health system or without money,   the list goes on and on.   And for what?????   A little p**sy? 

I didn't see dead bodies lying or flying, or river turned red as of last month.

The place is like Mars to me anyway. I wouldn't mind going out in full suite

AAAGAS-140-2.jpg

Edited by rep1
A_Simple_Man
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Cebu still seems safe to me for the most part.

I think its because we tend to forget the bad stuff; like the guy who was shot in McDonald's a couple years back just because he got up early and wanted breakfast at McDonald's before heading out to Oslob.  Of course if we include the metro area there was my friend Bruce who got run over on the sidewalk, a few months back in Minglanalia.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/84516-german-foreigners-cebu-shooting

I don't think Dumaguete is as bad a Cebu yet, but that's just my opinion.

I have to admit never ever i hear more sirens going of then in Cebu it is even more frequent then in manila. But maybe its just cops and ambulance staff playing with it so they can go quicker home for dinner?

for two years nothing changed in cebu except traffic got worse. rarely see cops in the north.

31 minutes ago, rep1 said:

I didn't see dead bodies lying or flying, or river turned red as of last month.

The place is like Mars to me anyway. I wouldn't mind going out in full suite

Hide contents

AAAGAS-140-2.jpg

Is it against nuclear weapons or for traffic pollution that outfit? Maybe i need to get such a suite also to be on the safe side.

9 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Is it against nuclear weapons or for traffic pollution that outfit? Maybe i need to get such a suite also to be on the safe side.

US M40 gas mask.

Industrial anti-pollution mask looks like that too. I'd have carried it if my face is big enough. Now I just carry these.

But aside from pollution I never heard of anything. My local friends wouldn't go through slum streets at night but I do that everyday.

6 hours ago, Soarking said:

Another good reason I'm soon leaving for civilization.  It's not just Dumaguete that's not safe, it's the entire country.   And anybody who thinks otherwise can keep on fooling themselves.   Killing in the streets,  motor vehicle accidents causing death or serious injury, DRUGS and associated crimes, bad air and water, no sewer system,  poor health system or without money,   the list goes on and on.   And for what?????   A little p**sy? 

A p*ssy is a strong thing it takes man to the ends of the earth, including me. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Soarking said:

And for what?????   A little p**sy? 

No - it's what's attached to it that matters.

If that's all I wanted I could afford to rent it when ever I wanted 

"My love please let me do that for you" is worth more to me than  1 hour  a day

• Like 5
26 minutes ago, lamoe said:

No - it's what's attached to it that matters.

If that's all I wanted I could afford to rent it when ever I wanted 

"My love please let me do that for you" is worth more to me than  1 hour  a day

It's more then that it's the women and they are special in the Philippines 

• Like 4
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Dumaguete has always been an utter shit hole. 

War zone could be a step up?