Jump to content

Dumaguete has become a war zone, again.


Recommended Posts

Dumaguete has struggled with EJKs and criminality in the past. But pretty much it was just short bursts of killings and robberies, which lasted a few months then were dealt with EJK style, then peace again.

Since the last election things have gotten worse, much, much worse. There are robberies and shootings nearly every day here now. Daytime, night time, girls, boys, elderly, children, ..., nobody is immune here any more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • smokey

    4

  • Soarking

    4

  • A_Simple_Man

    4

  • rep1

    3

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No - it's what's attached to it that matters. If that's all I wanted I could afford to rent it when ever I wanted  "My love please let me do that for you" is worth more to me than  1 hour  a

There are 3 things you never mess with that belong to a filipino- his home, his women, or his toothpick !! 

They had just visited the scammers.  And they were publicly executed by a tandem riding team with no plates. Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socia

Posted Images

  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, shadow said:

Dumaguete has struggled with EJKs and criminality in the past. But pretty much it was just short bursts of killings and robberies, which lasted a few months then were dealt with EJK style, then peace again.

Since the last election things have gotten worse, much, much worse. There are robberies and shootings nearly every day here now. Daytime, night time, girls, boys, elderly, children, ..., nobody is immune here any more.

Sorry to hear that.

When I was living there just a few years ago, I always felt safe. The worst thing that seemed to happen was home burglaries.

Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Simple_Man

As I was walking downtown, Dumaguete, today I was thinking how nice it would be to carry a big stick.  My plan was to swing it around, playfully :D, as I cross the street on the crosswalk.  It would be a shame if someone drove into my stick on the crosswalk but better than driving into me.

Then I remembered an episode of Myth Busters where Jamie and Adam illustrated how a guy with a stick beats a guy with a gun in close quarters almost every time, unless the gun is already drawn, cocked and aimed at you.  I may get a good solid cane. :cool:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been watching this unfold for awhile, looks like a street murder every day or so, that with all the motorbike fatalities is going to quickly project Dumaguete into the highest death rate per capita in the Phils as far as accident and foul play is concerned .

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Irenicus

The two women in their 20's killed in the trike was the roughest one so far.  

A fish rots from the head down.

City of Gentle People.....

21731380_1583313828356737_5316046552187105825_n.thumb.jpg.6ebc4944df2fb7ef23bdcc14e20ec16a.jpg

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Simple_Man
35 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

The two women in their 20's killed in the trike was the roughest one so far.  

If I understand that one, they were just released from jail for being part of a credit card scam gang.  It is not clear if they were killed as EJK or by other gang members for fear they had become witnesses.  But these are not innocents.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A_Simple_Man said:

If I understand that one, they were just released from jail for being part of a credit card scam gang.  It is not clear if they were killed as EJK or by other gang members for fear they had become witnesses.  But these are not innocents.

That's what I heard too. The credit card gang bust is all over Facebook, 8 or 10 of them busted. One guy supposedly had 100 different IDs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Irenicus
3 minutes ago, A_Simple_Man said:

If I understand that one, they were just released from jail for being part of a credit card scam gang.  It is not clear if they were killed as EJK or by other gang members for fear they had become witnesses.  But these are not innocents.

They had just visited the scammers.  And they were publicly executed by a tandem riding team with no plates.

Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socially acceptable?

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really credit cards dang waste 

Well like chicago seems them tough gun laws are not working so well

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Irenicus said:

They had just visited the scammers.  And they were publicly executed by a tandem riding team with no plates.

Even if they were part of the scam, is shooting people like that in the head now socially acceptable?

 

Way over the top retribution, and I would think the shooters or mastermind behind it would be much more deserving of a bullet than those that they administered it to.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soarking

Another good reason I'm soon leaving for civilization.  It's not just Dumaguete that's not safe, it's the entire country.   And anybody who thinks otherwise can keep on fooling themselves.   Killing in the streets,  motor vehicle accidents causing death or serious injury, DRUGS and associated crimes, bad air and water, no sewer system,  poor health system or without money,   the list goes on and on.   And for what?????   A little p**sy? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Soarking said:

 It's not just Dumaguete that's not safe, it's the entire country.

If that were true,I`d leave too..

Fact is the whole area where we live in Bohol feels a lot safer to me since DU30..

Mind you though I felt pretty safe here before that to be honest.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Soarking
1 hour ago, fred42 said:

If that were true,I`d leave too..

Fact is the whole area where we live in Bohol feels a lot safer to me since DU30..

Mind you though I felt pretty safe here before that to be honest.

 

YUP,,,, Looks safe to me.

IMG_3075.JPG

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Richard K

I have yet to see this kind of violence here... It must happen because that is all some people ever see.
I have friends in the States who think I am crazy to be living here. All they hear about is these kind of killings... My one friend in St Louis says they could never ever live here because of that.
After all... there are never any drive-by shootings in the "civilized" world.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Richard K said:

I have yet to see this kind of violence here... It must happen because that is all some people ever see.
I have friends in the States who think I am crazy to be living here. All they hear about is these kind of killings... My one friend in St Louis says they could never ever live here because of that.
After all... there are never any drive-by shootings in the "civilized" world.

Same reaction from daughter and she's a cop in Rockford :rolleyes:

The media reports what it wants - Philippines is a hell hole and Chicago is a paradise

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...