Easy Carbonara Sauce

SkyMan

Ok so by chance i actually made carbonara last trip, i cheated a little cos i had real fresh Parmesan and Smoked Ham that i had bought in with me :) 

Chop up a large onion and saute with olive oil and butter, add a small quantity of small cubes of ham and chopped up bacon and lightly brown, a couple cloves of crushed Garlic, add cooked fettuccine and Long life cream, stir thru and serve with Parmesan and pepper....and a bottle of nice Australian Shiraz.

Edited by Contango
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

I'll look for the white package.

Look for "durum semolina" and Made in Italy or Producto de Italia.

13 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

we tried that was just $%*(^# AWEFUL..  just like glue.

There was one I saw that advertised "It can't be over cooked."  That is NOT something to look for in pasta.

• Like 1
bkkmarlowe
On 9/15/2017 at 1:50 AM, Headshot said:

There are a lot of recipes for carbonara

And if you are too busy (or cannot be bothered) to try making your own carbonara recipe, there is  McCormick carbonara sauce packet mix, available at most Cebu supermarkets.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I guess every country has their own version of carbonara...:)

miles-high
On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, RogerDat said:

Carbonara (Italian: [karboˈnaːra]) is an Italian pasta dish from Rome[1][2] made with eggs, hard cheese (usually Pecorino Romano),[1] pancetta (or guanciale), and black pepper. Spaghetti is the usual pasta; however, fettuccine, rigatoni, linguine, or bucatini can also be used. The dish was created in the middle of the 20th century.[3]

Better to use salumi (not salami), guanciale or lardo than Pancetta, better yet desalinate (3, 4 hours under running water) salt pork... eggs (egg yolks only)... :D