Sign in to follow this  
RBS

Full Medical Insurance for P15k pa

RBS

Full comprehensive medical insurance is available for Australian and New Zealand citizens living full-time in the Philippines (actually worldwide) for about P15,000 per year (2009). I am not sure if I can mention any company names here, however it is offered by a reputable travel insurance company in Australia and you can get your policy on-line.

Over the years that I have used this company, I have made a few claims - the largest being after a motorcycle crash in Mindanao. That claim was over P1.5 million (including air ambulance from Cotobato City to Manila) and paid without any problems.

Edited by RBS

gugma_09
Full comprehensive medical insurance is available for Australian and New Zealand citizens living full-time in the Philippines (actually worldwide) for about P15,000 per year. I am not sure if I can mention any company names here, however it is offered by a reputable travel insurance company in Australia and you can get your policy on-line.

Well this Aussie's interested. I dont think I have much faith in my Bluecross policy

RBS

I am waiting for permission from the mods to post the name of this insurance company. Will PM the name to you.

PS. The PM didn't work because you don't have enough posts. You will need to wait until I get the mods' permission.

Edited by RBS

RBS

Permission granted. The company is 1Cover underwritten by Allianz.

RBS

For an extra P3,000 to P3,500, legal liability cover (up to AUD5.000.000 currently about P165 million) can be included.

This would have been a great help to Admin with Mia Mia.

Art

Thanks for that its a lot cheaper than the previous insurance I have paid in traveling and solves the wonder of how to cover medical incidents in the future if I get to live in the Philippines.

loosehead

Thanks RBS. I've just emailed it to my aussie and kiwi mates in the Phils.

daz

Does anyone know if this cover is available to other nationals?

Cheers,

Daz

RBS
Does anyone know if this cover is available to other nationals? ....

1Cover's insurance policy is only valid for Australian and New Zealand citizens. Other insurers may be different.

aussiedon

1Cover's insurance policy is only valid for Australian and New Zealand citizens. Other insurers may be different.

Maybe this cover is only for travellers, as opposed to people actually living permanently abroad.

aussiedon

Maybe this cover is only for travellers, as opposed to people actually living permanently abroad.

Checking their web site it appears insurance is only available to citizens returning to Australia which does not help us permanent residents here. I'm waiting for a reply from them and will repost then.

RBS
Checking their web site it appears insurance is only available to citizens returning to Australia which does not help us permanent residents here. I'm waiting for a reply from them and will repost then.

i have not found this on their web site nor in their policy. Their web site states that their cover is available for trips up to 365 days and can be extended online if overseas.

I'll be interested to hear their reply as I know a few of my friends who reside overseas for many years at a time and use (including claiming) on their 1Cover policy.

aussiedon
i have not found this on their web site nor in their policy. Their web site states that their cover is available for trips up to 365 days and can be extended online if overseas.

I'll be interested to hear their reply as I know a few of my friends who reside overseas for many years at a time and use (including claiming) on their 1Cover policy.

Under "getting a quote" the form must be filled in with no more than 12 months duration otherwiswe they will not quote you.

RBS
Under "getting a quote" the form must be filled in with no more than 12 months duration otherwiswe they will not quote you.

That is correct because the maximum length of cover for the policy is 12 months. You must take out a new policy at the expiry of the old. I do this every year.

aussiedon
That is correct because the maximum length of cover for the policy is 12 months. You must take out a new policy at the expiry of the old. I do this every year.

This is their reply

" Sorry if you are there permanently then we are unable to cover you as if you are a resident there you should have public health care automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emily Druitt

1 Cover