1st Time Renewal of Vehicle Registration

Well, I got it done WITHOUT engaging a fixer.

At 10AM I went to the JC4 Emission Test Center @ Mandaue where I had the emission test and stenciling done. Cost was PHP450.

From JC4, I went into the Mandaue LTO where I filled out their form, presented the emission test result and they inspected my vehicle (lights, horn, turn signals, wiper).

Then I went and got a number and gave the paperwork to the "Evaluator". I waited about 45 minutes then was called to pay for the registration. Cost was PHP2370.

I waited for about 15 minutes and was called to "Releasing" where the OR was given to me with the new sticker. I left LTO around 12PM

Total cost -- PHP2820; elapsed time -- 2 hours. Not a bad experience; everyone was pretty helpful.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, AlGae said:

Total cost -- PHP2820; elapsed time -- 2 hours. Not a bad experience; everyone was pretty helpful.

How much was insurance ?

PHP488 that was issued by Malayan Insurance; PHP100,000 coverage.

Actually, at the JC4 where I had the emission test done, I mentioned that I'd be willing to pay to have them process the renewal for me.

But when I showed the CoC from Malayan, the JC4 agent said that I should just do the rest myself since I had all the proper paperwork. Nice guy, gave me details on what I could expect at the LTO.

That reminds me I went to a lawyer to get something done with the city I forget what it was he said it will take a month. I did it myself in a day. Sometimes it's just as easy to do it yourself. But I always pay a little extra and let them do it

2 hours ago, AlGae said:

Well, I got it done WITHOUT engaging a fixer.

At 10AM I went to the JC4 Emission Test Center @ Mandaue where I had the emission test and stenciling done. Cost was PHP450.

From JC4, I went into the Mandaue LTO where I filled out their form, presented the emission test result and they inspected my vehicle (lights, horn, turn signals, wiper).

Then I went and got a number and gave the paperwork to the "Evaluator". I waited about 45 minutes then was called to pay for the registration. Cost was PHP2370.

I waited for about 15 minutes and was called to "Releasing" where the OR was given to me with the new sticker. I left LTO around 12PM

Thanks for your update.  I was just about to suggest you take the steps you did.  Self service has always worked for me, though I do get my registrations done in the province.

The only surprise I encountered was at my last registration.  I had NEVER had any sort of vehicle inspection.  This time the inspector went though the motions of making sure all worked.....cracked me up when he wanted to know if the air conditioning worked.  The surprise, aside from the actual inspection was when he asked if I had warning triangles.  I did not, but fibbed and got a pair the next day.

i was tempted to cut a banana leaf and explain I used what the locals used.

• Haha 1

Jawny, yeah the inspector asked if I had those triangles. I didn't so I thought OK, this is where the inspection fails unless I buy 2 from him.

But no, he just suggested that I do buy them in case I have a breakdown.

14 minutes ago, AlGae said:

Jawny, yeah the inspector asked if I had those triangles. I didn't so I thought OK, this is where the inspection fails unless I buy 2 from him.

But no, he just suggested that I do buy them in case I have a breakdown.

https://www.istorya.net/forums/automotive-74/185139-lto-fines-and-penalties.html

47. Failure to carry Early Warning Device (EWD) 150.00

48. Failure to install EWD 4 meters from the front rear and of the stalled motor vehicle 500.00
- to be imposed upon the owner/driver

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

47. Failure to carry Early Warning Device (EWD) 150.00

doesnt everyone carry a tree branch with them ??

• Like 1
smokey
11 hours ago, bkb1 said:

Can't do that, too many of the wife's relatives have that affliction

when you do the stencil get 3 of each save lots of hassle next year 

I had to buy one of them also seems lame never see them on the most common break down jeeps...  wonder where jeeps go to get smoke belching and inspection... ha ha ha ha I made a funny