Heh.

You know that he nor anyone else sees that information, right? Only you are privvy to it. Each and every person who views a webpage embedded with that script sees their information. Its an old interent thing that has been around for awhile and only really serves to remind people that they are not anonymous on the net.

You may read up on it at http://www.danasoft.com/.

Mailman- why does my IP address and IP providers name and a city closest to where I live not show up on his post anymore.Why was it included in all his post with a troll like sign at the bottom of his post included "I know you live near rochester NY"then when I brought it to his attention this sign dissapeared and only had the one with my IP address and provider s name,then that one changed to a different IP address and provider.These had showed up on his posts and not mine.Right at the bottom of all his posts-a large figure carrying a sign.It makes no sense to me that under any circumstances that my IP address and IP providers name and the nearest city to where I live would show up on somebody elses posts.This happened for several days on his posts until I brought it to his attention.How its done,I don't even want to know,I don't think that way.Do you see this happening on anyone elses posts?Thanks

USMC-Retired

The IP address tag on my signature only reads your IP address. It tells you your IP it does not track it. There are various sites that will read it.

As for the sign of your location it also was attached to your IP.

This is really off topic however you are not the internet without people knowing where you are from or your location. Anytime you send an email or send an IM people can tell you where you live. If you have a single IP as a lot of services in the states now do. People can tell you your address and come knocking on your door. So yes it is annoying however there are programs that can block it. Check your IP against http://who.is/ . You may be shocked that your address and name appear. This is if your IP was recorded as the owner of the IP by your provider.

As for the other sign an Administrator asked me to narrow my signature to just one sign. Maybe your statement led them to ask me yet I complied as I can see that it was annoying.

I hope it answers your questions. I can not get the data nor can I track it. But if you send hate mail to people for any reason they may know who you are and where you live. Just food for thought.

Edited by USMC-Retired

USMC-Retired-Thanks for the explanation.I guess my only question would be-Why do only your posts carry those signs at the bottom and why would my IP info show up on only your posts and never on mine,its very strange to me?.Again Thanks

The IP address tag on my signature only reads your IP address. It tells you your IiP it does not track it. There are various sites that will read it.

As for the sign of your location it also was attached to your IP.

This is really off topic however you are not the internet without people knowing where you are from or your location. Anytime you send an email or send an IM people can tell you where you live. If you have a single IP as a lot of services in the states now do. People can tell you your address and come knocking on your door. So yes it is annoying however there are programs that can block it. Check your IP against http://who.is/ . You may be shocked that your address and name appear. This is if your IP was recorded as the owner of the IP by your provider.

As for the other sign an Administrator asked me to narrow my signature to just one sign. Maybe your statement led them to ask me yet I complied as I can see that it was annoying.

I hope it answers your questions. I can not get the data nor can I track it. But if you send hate mail to people for any reason they may know who you are and where you live. Just food for thought.

USMC-Retired
USMC-Retired-Thanks for the explanation.I guess my only question would be-Why do only your posts carry those signs at the bottom and why would my IP info show up on only your posts and never on mine,its very strange to me?.Again Thanks

My tag or signature is a redirection to an outside site. I used the that link as my signature. So really when you see people have a signature at the bottom of there post it is the same as mine I just redirect to read your IP. You can add a signature to bottom of your post in my controls at the top of the page.

Edited by USMC-Retired
eggnoggin
:D:D This type of game is for those affliicted with overwhelming secret fantasies.......think Reflections in a Golden Eye by carson mc cullers...these things are similar to the candy bars marlon brando placed in his favorite subordinates footlocker.(gee..i hope im next :D) ...i guess nude horseback riding at night thru the mc donalds parking lot comes next.....an intense longing to subordinate the new outside world to the parameters of ones imaginary projected sphere of vulnerability is a normal transitionary phase..stress and lashing out at imaginary foes is typical fare....from playground bullies to those who would seek to control your urinary stream..its all just a guestion of letting go*(npi) :D .... and aspiring to be just another man..not an underhung lurching don quixote...the world is full of tuff guys ...and the really sick are "never far away".....wringing their cool dry palms and waiting..waiting for their twisted fetid swirling penumbric love dance to descend and embrace "another" goofy gomer...... with nary a whisper..sigh... or palpitation :o ...................how about some fava beans .... there hombres... :o:D:D:D:D:D:D Edited by eggnoggin
  • 2 weeks later...
tom_shor
Mailman- why does my IP address and IP providers name and a city closest to where I live not show up on his post anymore.Why was it included in all his post with a troll like sign at the bottom of his post included "I know you live near rochester NY"then when I brought it to his attention this sign dissapeared and only had the one with my IP address and provider s name,then that one changed to a different IP address and provider.These had showed up on his posts and not mine.Right at the bottom of all his posts-a large figure carrying a sign.It makes no sense to me that under any circumstances that my IP address and IP providers name and the nearest city to where I live would show up on somebody elses posts.This happened for several days on his posts until I brought it to his attention.How its done,I don't even want to know,I don't think that way.Do you see this happening on anyone elses posts?Thanks

But no one else sees yours only you. When I look at it it shows mine. So others are not viewing your information. Just so you know.

tom_shor
:D:D This type of game is for those affliicted with overwhelming secret fantasies.......think Reflections in a Golden Eye by carson mc cullers...these things are similar to the candy bars marlon brando placed in his favorite subordinates footlocker.(gee..i hope im next ;)) ...i guess nude horseback riding at night thru the mc donalds parking lot comes next.....an intense longing to subordinate the new outside world to the parameters of ones imaginary projected sphere of vulnerability is a normal transitionary phase..stress and lashing out at imaginary foes is typical fare....from playground bullies to those who would seek to control your urinary stream..its all just a guestion of letting go*(npi) :D .... and aspiring to be just another man..not an underhung lurching don quixote...the world is full of tuff guys ...and the really sick are "never far away".....wringing their cool dry palms and waiting..waiting for their twisted fetid swirling penumbric love dance to descend and embrace "another" goofy gomer...... with nary a whisper..sigh... or palpitation :lol: ...................how about some fava beans .... there hombres... :lol::D:D:D:D:D:D

:lol::o I can't tell if he's off topic or not. What was the topic anyway? B)

Paul

C'mon ayala. Just takin' the piss outta ya man. It's all good.

michael52

i have enjoyed the "little troll" at the bottom that recognizes and reports to me that mr.------you have a problem with authority, and charley dont surf. but then again it has been pointed out to me that i might be a "tad bit different"

im starting to learn a few things about myself around here that i have not been to damned comfortable with. its all good. i am able to get the "bitter pill" down my gullet, despite myself. here i find myself in the midsts of privateers, scoundrels, hard-arsses, the silent observing types, and wierdos...........the whole lot......my "newly designated instructors." thank you. just trying to stay grounded.

michael52

just came back from the store. the clerk asked me "is this yours?" my wallot. everything is intact, minus the cash. now i have three VFW membership cards. they sent me two. go figure. i feel better.

Pedro el Lobo

Are there any VFW posts in Cebu or are you just staying affiliated with your stateside one?

michael52
Are there any VFW posts in Cebu or are you just staying affiliated with your stateside one?

i dont think there is a VFW in cebu. ive heard scuttlebutt that there is an interest to start one up. my affiliate membership is in st. pete, fl.

USMC-Retired
i dont think there is a VFW in cebu. ive heard scuttlebutt that there is an interest to start one up. my affiliate membership is in st. pete, fl.

If there are people that severed that would like a get together and swap some war stories and chew the fat. Send me a PM I will set something up.