Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Murder In The Family - Philippines

Alan S

A minor amount of background checking and you can see that the son Steve was involved in the web cam p*orn business. His supposed business partner was able to keep the p*orn business alive thanks to Steve finishing up the port site and getting everything in order. Who knows what really went down, but it sure was nice that the mother could make a tv show and write a book about the whole experience. I wonder if she even came out ahead when you add up the amount spent to "prosecute the wife" versus profits made from:

a. The interviews for the TV show, including live footage of the wife crying about how she didnt do it.

b. The book, now selling on Amazon

c. The numerous interviews on the various Oprah type shows.

d. The UK governments payout to help support the grandchildren.

Never mind the insane amount of profits still being earned from the still active web cam business that Steve started.

Steves mother was fortunate in having some savings, which enable her to start the task of finding out who killed her sons.

I believe that, when her savings ran out, she borrowed against the value of her house in the UK.

I assume that any payments she has made from your a-c, would go towards repaying that debt.

(I suspect that such payments may be far less than some people assume. British TV and media dont pay the sort of figures common in the US.)

The UK Govt payment to the children (Child Support) is purely a nominal sum and would barely cover the cost of the food they eat, let alone make any "profit".

The website that Steve and his partner started was closed down long ago.

• Like 1

chrisdauin

No worries. That is what my sites are about... both the good and bad in the Philippines.

Paul would you repost your website I would like to view the video.

Thanks

Paul
Paul would you repost your website I would like to view the video.

Thanks

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure what you mean.

The four segments of the Murder In The Family Videos are listed in my original post in this topic. They are hosted through my Visayan Videos website.

Is that what you mean?

Cary

Hi Paul;

I've shown the video to some co-workers of mine and they liked the documentary and like me they believe that Evelyn did it. And another thing that now comes to mind is the fact that she had little to no interest in her children and thats just wrong. I can understand a man and wife not getting along, but those are HER children. That really burn me. It really does.

Cary

I agree with you Chris and I have said so on several posts here; get to know each other. Get to know each others families. Its not foolproof, but atleast you wont be walking in blind.

I don't see how this is any different that urban America. I grew up in urban Detroit, lived in the East East Village in NYC and on the edge of Harlem, on the edge of very bad neighborhoods in New Haven, and live in a burb outside DC. A 17 year old girl in our burb was gunner down by an acquaintance who had stalked her because she was not returning his calls and he thought maybe she had been involved in a robbery from his dope den.

It seems to be that the larger and more general lessons from this story are two. First, it seems like European and American men, growing up in a culture where sex is frowned upon, they confuse sexual acceptance with love and let their defenses drop. This is a long standing theme in Western culture = think of Marlene Dietrich in the Blue Angel or Lulu. I had the good fortune to have a pragmatic Scots Irish mom who also happened to be beautiful and she made a point of helping me learn that beauty was only skin deep. And even then I have burned by cute girls so often.

Second it seems to me that there is a deep, and I believe native (from before the Spanish) deep pragmatism in the culture which has helped families stay alive over eons. Like any core cultural trait, it can become very pathological in some.

My take away from what I have learned so far reading this board is that Western men should truly get to know their loved ones family before making any irrevocable commitments. An interesting irony is that Western men looking for love online in Asian face the same risks that Western woman face when dating online at home.

-Chris

Cipro

I know this, if I acted the way he did. If I had done the things he did. My wife would have killed me herself. She would have been justified.

Was she having an affair? Probably!

Was she justified to do so? Probably!

Was he being a saintly faithful husband and father? Doubtful!

Would woman in any other country had done the same if they heard of his behavior? Happens in every country!

Did his actions help to create this event? ABSOLUTELY!!!

While I don't agree with everything you wrote, I do wonder about those factors. I was wondering what sort of IT work was available in AC, for instance, but setting up an illegal webcam business would be one thing that would fit. While I disagree that it's justified to kill someone over this, the man does seem to have engaged in what can at best be charitably described as a "high risk lifestyle".

GoneAsiatic

I just now saw the videos and think this mother exhibited a lot of class. ANYONE who would suggest that she wrote that book for money, has either never lost a child, is a blithering idiot, or most likely both.

I have known many bereaved parents who have sued over the deaths of their children, but never have I met one who did it for money. They do it for accountability and deterrence, and to keep the memories of their deceased children alive. I know of one woman who gave all the money away, and another who wanted to kill herself but was afraid that if she did so, she might not be reunited with her daughter in the afterlife. Some of the asinine remarks on this thread are unbelievable.

DrJimTucker

Well.. Marrying an Illiterate bar girl and then staying in AC where she used to work, and handing out lots of money.. showed this guy wasn't the sharpest knife in the draw.

It's a sad story..yet it is not shocking.. he was about as well loved as a naked guy near a mosquito pond.

Thank you Paul for the Video!

Edited by DrJimTucker

DrJimTucker

If my wife had an affair, it would be my fault. I did not give here what she needed. Killing her is not justified

If I am a family man have grand sex parties regularly, it is my fault for not being a man. Killing me is justified

Usually if a woman has to sneak around her husband, it is because she can not trust him. She has learned that he is not a help, but is a hindrance. You can not truly communicate from a stance of closed mindedness.

My wife would have field dressed me in a heart beat, and used my nutts as a x-mas tree ornament.

I disagree completely James. Just because she is your wife, doesn't mean she is your owner.

If you are the type guy, of which there ar emany, to submit to her demands , jealousies, insecurities and cultural idiosyncracies, then do it. Personally, I would never relinquish my power and freedom to anyone.. nevertheless a nice woman I choose to marry. Many men do. they in effect castrate themselves.

If she doesn't like my behavior.. she can leave, divorce etc.. its doesn't give her the right to take my life, or even yell, scream nor abuse me, as if I am some cat that keeps peeing on the carpet.

In the movie, as you mentioned, this girl was totally ignorant..and easily influenced.. and in her own environment in AC..which is very sleazy... and she wallowed there. And he was either blind or didn't care.. which is his choice except they had 2 kids...so that's really a crime of sorts.

So.. there were lots of mistakes all around and the result was not so surprising.

Jess Bartone

Well I finally took the time to watch the videos. It's probably true that Evelyn was complicit in Steve's murder, and it is also probably true that Steve "engineered his own demise". It is a sad story, especially for the kids, but no matter what Steve did, it can not justify murder. I admire his mother's persistence.

One point which stuck out like a sore thumb, but which nobody mentioned here, is that Evelyn proudly proclaimed, at a young age apparently, that she was going to be a bar girl and marry a rich American, which she did, at age 13 (went to Manila and became a "bar girl"). When Steve took her to Hong Kong to meet his mother, she was still only 17.

I suspect that Evelyn's parents were only too willing to help out, in order to avoid the shame and "loss of face" for being the ones who actually allowing their 13 year old daughter to leave for Manila to become a prostitute, and that they were probably paid to do so.

I can't help feeling that the only ones who were innocent were the children.

JamesMusslewhite

If my wife had an affair, it would be my fault. I did not give here what she needed. Killing her is not justified

If I am a family man have grand sex parties regularly, it is my fault for not being a man. Killing me is justified

Usually if a woman has to sneak around her husband, it is because she can not trust him. She has learned that he is not a help, but is a hindrance. You can not truly communicate from a stance of closed mindedness.

My wife would have field dressed me in a heart beat, and used my nutts as a x-mas tree ornament.

I disagree completely James. Just because she is your wife, doesn't mean she is your owner.

If you are the type guy, of which there ar emany, to submit to her demands , jealousies, insecurities and cultural idiosyncracies, then do it. Personally, I would never relinquish my power and freedom to anyone.. nevertheless a nice woman I choose to marry. Many men do. they in effect castrate themselves.

If she doesn't like my behavior.. she can leave, divorce etc.. its doesn't give her the right to take my life, or even yell, scream nor abuse me, as if I am some cat that keeps peeing on the carpet.

In the movie, as you mentioned, this girl was totally ignorant..and easily influenced.. and in her own environment in AC..which is very sleazy... and she wallowed there. And he was either blind or didn't care.. which is his choice except they had 2 kids...so that's really a crime of sorts.

So.. there were lots of mistakes all around and the result was not so surprising.

I guess that is were we differ. I am married and have a child. I have the obligation and responsibility to be a faithful husband and provide the best home environment possible for my child. My wife should not have unfair demands , jealousies, insecurities or cultural idiosyncrasies. My actions should be such as to not allow her those doubts about me. I have a simple rule; I never allow myself to be in a situation that I could not explain if my wife were to walk up from behind me, period.

That is not a form of castration, rather it is being a good Christian husband and dependable father. My wife and I are partners in every aspect of the word, and is the one person that I can truely depend on in this world. Our marrage is based on confidence, trust, and truth.

Power and freedom? Power and freedom to do what? Cheat? To do things that I would not allow my wife to also do, as to impose a double standard? When I married I made a vow before my God and a promise to my wife. The only power and freedom I need is to uphold that vow and promise to my wife. 23 years I have not wavered in that convection. That is called being a Man, by not acting irresponsible and trying to act single. I take my marriage seriously.

Truth is if he would have kept his pecker, heart, and brains home were they belonged he just might still be alive. Not to say he still may have gotten a divorce, but if he did, than he has the power and freedom to drill who ever he wants as a single man.:welcome2:

• Like 1

lazydays

I guess that is were we differ. I am married and have a child. I have the obligation and responsibility to be a faithful husband and provide the best home environment possible for my child. My wife should not have unfair demands , jealousies, insecurities or cultural idiosyncrasies. My actions should be such as to not allow her those doubts about me. I have a simple rule; I never allow myself to be in a situation that I could not explain if my wife were to walk up from behind me, period.

That is not a form of castration, rather it is being a good Christian husband and dependable father. My wife and I are partners in every aspect of the word, and is the one person that I can truely depend on in this world. Our marrage is based on confidence, trust, and truth.

Power and freedom? Power and freedom to do what? Cheat? To do things that I would not allow my wife to also do, as to impose a double standard? When I married I made a vow before my God and a promise to my wife. The only power and freedom I need is to uphold that vow and promise to my wife. 23 years I have not wavered in that convection. That is called being a Man, by not acting irresponsible and trying to act single. I take my marriage seriously.

Truth is if he would have kept his pecker, heart, and brains home were they belonged he just might still be alive. Not to say he still may have gotten a divorce, but if he did, than he has the power and freedom to drill who ever he wants as a single man.biggrin_01.gif

Exactly thumbsup.gif

jazzy

Truth is if he would have kept his pecker, heart, and brains home were they belonged he just might still be alive. Not to say he still may have gotten a divorce, but if he did, than he has the power and freedom to drill who ever he wants as a single man.:welcome2:

James

Very well said.....marriage is definitely a partnership.

jazzy

lazydays

Well i havn't read thro all the comments as i've read plenty about this story a while back.

I have little sympathy for either of them.

From what i remember,she came from a small island where her parents lived in a shack in dire poverty.

She became a child prostitute with her parents permission,difficult to justify,but dire poverty can make people do desperate things.

He was a perv dipping his wick everywhere,and allegedly running a girlie webcam business.

He was an idiot throwing his money around at people who only new dire poverty,i believe her parents had the only concrete house on their Island built by him,he had a grand house built for him and his (keep her pregnant,barefoot and chained to kitchen sink) wife.

Looks like they deserved each other.

Like minded people attract each other,and you can take a girl out of the bar,but not the bar out of the girl.

The only ones i feel sorry for are the kids.

Jess Bartone

Well i havn't read thro all the comments as i've read plenty about this story a while back.

I have little sympathy for either of them.

From what i remember,she came from a small island where her parents lived in a shack in dire poverty.

She became a child prostitute with her parents permission,difficult to justify,but dire poverty can make people do desperate things.

He was a perv dipping his wick everywhere,and allegedly running a girlie webcam business.

He was an idiot throwing his money around at people who only new dire poverty,i believe her parents had the only concrete house on their Island built by him,he had a grand house built for him and his (keep her pregnant,barefoot and chained to kitchen sink) wife.

Looks like they deserved each other.

Like minded people attract each other,and you can take a girl out of the bar,but not the bar out of the girl.

The only ones i feel sorry for are the kids.

My sentiments exactly Lazydays. Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks with their sex organs. Sex can just as, or even more addictive than a drug, and addles the brain just as much. In the context of a committed relationship, sex is one of our greatest gifts, but in the beautiful big mural of life, it is merely one of the details. Call me old fashioned, but that's how I feel.

And to you James, very well said. You have a lot to be respected for, and I for one admire your unrelenting stance on what you consider to be important.thumbsup.gif This "Dr", however, has very little respect for anyone and has taken "troll" to new heights. He makes posts just so he can attack anyone who disagrees. He hates Filipinas, so it beggars belief that he is even on this forum.

Here is another word for troll:

meg