Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Murder In The Family - Philippines

Paul

This is a documentary, which new members may be interested in viewing. Some of us who have been around the Philippines for a number of years, may have seen this video pop up a number of times

http://vimeo.com/9536341

The documentary, 'Murder In The Family', is about a woman's (Margaret Davis) fight to prove that her son (Stephen) was killed by his Filipina (Evelyn), who he married after moving to the Philippines to work in the IT industry, in 2002.

-----------------

If you would like to learn more about this story, you may buy the book that Margaret Davis (Steven's mother) wrote, titled For the Love of My Son, through Amazon.

for_the_love_of_my_son.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

Edited by Paul

BBQ Joe

The bitch evelyns appeal was recently turned down. She will probably spend the rest of her life rotting in jail. The kids are doing well living with Stehens parents(NOT IN the P.I.)

ROT IN HELL evelyn

eggnoggin

My first chinese physician -amatuer anthropologist wifes great joy in life was sleeping in the sites of ancient cultures ... had a gob of skull casts from tribes and groups of cannibals who disapeared due to gentic damage involving prion intervention.. one of the consistent factors was skull configuration.. coulda knocked me over with a feather when they showed her mom and dad.. this guy never had a chance...

softail
My first chinese physician -amatuer anthropologist wifes great joy in life was sleeping in the sites of ancient cultures ... had a gob of skull casts from tribes and groups of cannibals who disapeared due to gentic damage involving prion intervention.. one of the consistent factors was skull configuration.. coulda knocked me over with a feather when they showed her mom and dad.. this guy never had a chance...

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but it seems to me that it was Evelyn's own family that provided the needed imformation on where the brother in law was. This put there daughter in jail. This says alot about the quaility of her family.

• Like 1

eggnoggin

Wholly predictable.. off the mark.. knee jerk..nothing to do with anything relevant.. provencial ... whining lib framing of the imagined jocularity of cannibals in connubial lip smacking bliss... youre :D

Edited by eggnoggin

Huck Finn
This is a documentary that was split into four individual videos, which new members, especially, may be interested in viewing. Some of us who have been around the Philippines for a number of years, may have seen this video pop up a number of times.

Thank you, it's a documentary that is a must to see for those who are contemplating a move to PI.

Huck Finn
Wholly predictable.. off the mark.. knee jerk..nothing to do with anything relevant.. provencial ... whining lib framing of the imagined jocularity of cannibals in connubial lip smacking bliss... youre :D

"Wholly predictable" is a apt description of your posts. (smile)

cebuexpat

The 'value' of life here in the Philippines seems to be proportional to its financial global rating. How often do we hear about fights, shootings, knifeings and muders that are related to even the most minor of disagreements. Only recently I read a report about a knife attack that happened because of how the other guy 'stared'.

I think it's impractical to go through life worried about certain consequences to your actions but I do think its valuable to be aware of mentalities and behaviours that you might experience here and the depth of the retribution that might be easily offered out.

Its good to see the law working here in this particular case and it would be nice to think the same outcome would have happened if the deceased mum did not 'fight the corner'.

Do not let this story put you off coming to the Philippines; it's a great country with some great people just be informed by articles like this, use your common sense and better judgement.

• Like 1

Lee

And may I add, it is always a good idea to make sure you are worth more alive than dead. In other words, make sure your income stops once you die, at least until you know your wife and her family very well. Not only could your wife be a threat to your life if you pick the wrong one, but her family might be even more of a threat if they are not getting what they feel is their fair share, and think they will get it once you are dead.

This story should definitely not be a deterrent to anyone thinking about moving to the Philippines or marrying a Filipina, but just a warning of what can happen if you marry the wrong one.

Thank you Paul for posting that for others to see. I saw it on TV back in the states on one of those crime programs, but this copy was more to the point and not drawn out for an hour with commercials.

• Like 1

mikejwoodnz

We (my Philippine wife) and I saw the original of this on TV. I have noticed over the years a continual fuelling of the "evidence" against the wife on the Internet and can only imagine it serves the interests of those providing it. An area that has not been explained is what Computer business was the husband working in Angeles City and why was he being paid 60,000 pounds sterling salary ? who, I wonder, benefited from the continuity of his original work and the cessation of his salary ? I believe the mother got what she paid for. I do not see justice being served.

spelling edited :-)

Edited by mikejwoodnz

smokey
We (my Philippine wife) and I saw the original of this on TV. I have noticed over the years a continual fuelling of the "evidence" against the wife on the Internet and can only imagine it serves the interests of those providing it. An area that has not be explained is what Computer business was the husband working in Angeles City and why was he being paid 60,000 pounds sterling salary ? who, I wonder, benefited from the continuity of his original work and the cessation of his salary ? I believe the mother got what she paid for. I do not see justice being served.

what ever he was doing to earn a living is no different from a women who is a hooker ... the wife found a boyfriend and they planned on killing him for money ... if she hated him she could of left at any time... she was a low life bitc? then and is still one and i hope she enjoys her new hotel..

smokey
And may I add, it is always a good idea to make sure you are worth more alive than dead. In other words, make sure your income stops once you die, at least until you know your wife and her family very well. Not only could your wife be a threat to your life if you pick the wrong one, but her family might be even more of a threat if they are not getting what they feel is their fair share, and think they will get it once you are dead.

This story should definitely not be a deterrent to anyone thinking about moving to the Philippines or marrying a Filipina, but just a warning of what can happen if you marry the wrong one.

Thank you Paul for posting that for others to see. I saw it on TV back in the states on one of those crime programs, but this copy was more to the point and not drawn out for an hour with commercials.

so its true once you strip away the outside humans are all made the same... evil is evil and there is no such thing as race color or creed when it comes to evil...

Vince Runza

I viewed all four videos. I can see how jumping at the first pretty face that cozies up to you would be as bad a mistake in the RP as anywhere else.

Despite the number of guys who've leaped before they looked and didn't get in trouble hooking up with a girl who was too poor, too uneducated and too young to be a good match, that isn't the way you want to bet, fellas!

• Like 2

michael52

she looked good in those bracelets..a sign of comming attractions? life is too good for her. solution: too bad her whole family isnt dead, rotting flesh in the jungle, the brick house utterly destroyed, all pets dead,....bet it wouldnt happen again in that neighborhood....righteous indignation? you damn right!!!

Alan S

From memory, and it is some time since I watched it, it was her family that gave the evidence against her.

What was shocking was the lack of police action unless someone paid them.

It cost Steves mother a great deal of