Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

Pyramid Restaurant

CommanderData

toshi nailed it.

I watched them build the Pyramid from my apartment and was very excited to see it open. But the end result is disappointing... Like something created by a designer/architect who wanted to get into the restaurant business. It's not bad, certainly average for Cebu, but the uniqueness of design makes me feel like it could've been more special. They should get some professional help creating a menu with cohesive theme and ingredients, then hire better chefs and waitstaff. 

Will give them another chance when I get back to Cebu in a couple months either way.

Maybe they'll find their groove, maybe not. At least its pretty to look at from my window at night :lol:

• Like 1

Bishop

I didn't like it either. Pumpkin soup was made with squash at least on the day I was there. Shrimp bisque had an unusual taste and no shrimp chunks, wasn't bad but not my taste. Ostrich was a nice piece of meat but not hot enough, especially sides.. a little more rare than med-rare but a decent effort there.

Headshot

Oh well. Taste is a very personal thing. To me, the ostrich was perfectly done.

BTW, a bisque is a pureed (and often strained) creamy soup based mainly on the shells of the animal used (though meat is included). Although some bisque recipes add "chunks" of meat in them (after the bisque has been pureed), certainly not all do. Personally, I prefer a smooth bisque. Obviously not all do.

Kabisay-an gid

34447423672_0116935b8d_h.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bishop

Just to clarify.. the Ostrich was the best piece of meat I've seen in 2 years in Cebu..had two steaks at Casa Verde the next day that belonged in a stew at best

• Like 1

billy
37 minutes ago, Bishop said:

Just to clarify.. the Ostrich was the best piece of meat I've seen in 2 years in Cebu..had two steaks at Casa Verde the next day that belonged in a stew at best

Best piece of meat you've seen or eaten?