mabuhay

rainymike

Hi all. Name is Mike, retiring in another month and heading for the Philippines in August. Been a member of other forums for the past eight years or so as I planned my overseas retirement. But I've outgrown most of those forums and discovered this one recently. Much more on topic for my current needs. Currently an educator by trade, but have done many jobs over the years from picking pineapples as a youth to fixing helicopter engines in the army.

My current life took me to both China and Philippines to establish educational partnerships with schools there and I fell in love with the Philippines (China is just my mistress on the side). I've been mostly visiting Davao over the past few years but recent insurgency problems has lead me to select Cebu at the last moment instead. I don't know much about living in Cebu except for what I've read so be patient with my many questions!

Hoping to have a new beginning in life and hobby/work, rather than a traditional retirement there.

Caveat Emptor

WELCOM TO THE FORUMS, MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Huck Finn
Hoping to have a new beginning in life and hobby/work, rather than a traditional retirement there.

Great, I'm retired from the military and I'll be retiring from civil service the end of this year. Hope to be over there in the first part of 2010. Hope to talk with you more on this forum.