Sign in to follow this  
PhilsFan

Online earning for your Filipina

PhilsFan

Looking for advice from any members who have used Mechanical Turk, Fiverr, etc. I am looking into this as a means for my Philippine-based lady to earn some extra peso in her spare time. Has anyone here done this? I am assuming you would need a VPN, and possibly she would need to work under my account?

• Like 1

CommanderData

She can have her own account on Fiverr and Upwork, and no VPN is needed for those. I believe for Mechnical Turk she must use your account (assuming you're from the USA) and a VPN to make her appear as though she is actually in the USA. 

Depending on her computer, internet connection speed, and English skills, she could join a Virtual Assistant (VA) team. My girlfriend is one of the senior staff of a pretty good sized crew that has a number of girls in Cebu and elsewhere working for them. Everyone works from their own homes, and can make some pretty decent money if they prove valuable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goetz1965

I tried all this and Im truly disappointed.

Mechanical turk - doesnt allow you to participate from the philippines - only way around that would be a fake US account - for which you need a working US postal adress. But in the end - earnings are poor.

Theres a lot websites that tell you to earn by clicking on adverts - maybe that works for a handfull of people but for most its not - I tried that and ended up at maybe 1-2 $ per month only ! FORGET THAT !!!

All those "work from home" websites usually look great and have many jobs - but you end up waiting for offers - or you apply for the jobs and end up "not qualified" enough.  So of course ! A job like this is like any other job - you have to WORK first before you earn - I only found that it needs a lot more work than maybe applying to work as a janitor in a mall from a manpower agency.

Instead of the website mentioned already - you should try the ones that are maybe not that much common - but thats because you need to apply first and then they will get you tested before giving you jobs. But the tests arnt that easy and some take long to do. AND even after being tested you need to be clear about that most "customers" of those websites look for people from US or Europe - so the Philippines are NOT in the focus for work.
And even Mechanical Turk is already overrun by people from india or other countries - where this kind of job is done by agencies - that have dozens of low paid people doing the work online all day.

You can thry these companies:
Leapforce
Appen
iStoneSoft
NexonM
Lionbridge
UserTesting

But dont worry if you apply and dont hear for weeks - thats common as they usually are flooded with applicants.

• Like 2