Sign in to follow this  
RogerDat

Is there still a members list?

RogerDat

Is there till a members list?

USMC-Retired

Yes in the upper right is a search.  Put a letter in there and a drop down to the right appears.  Select members.

Headshot

The short answer is NO. There is no place where you can go to quickly show all members anymore. As Tim said, you can still search members, but you must already somewhat know their member name to find them. If you want to do a broader search, you can only check one letter at a time, which means you will have to perform twenty-six searches to search the entire membership. No specific searches (such as for all elite members) can be performed. It was actually two or three modifications ago that the membership list was removed, and with it we lost a lot of functionality. Whoever it is that designs our operating software seems more interested in making it easy on themselves than in making it easy on forum members. It seems like modifications rarely result in improvements.

USMC-Retired

If you leave the search field blank it will give all members.  

Headshot
11 minutes ago, USMC-Retired said:

If you leave the search field blank it will give all members.  

Thank you. I will try that.

Edit: I tried it, and it works. You can also click the "search more" button at the top, and search by category. You can only search for members in a "hidden forums" category if you are a member of that hidden forum.

Edited by Headshot

RogerDat

I put B in the magnifying glass option and it says no results.

OK, you must change the subject button also.

Edited by RogerDat

Paul
Headshot
3 hours ago, Paul said:

Yes you can. Just search only for members in that usergroup.

If you read my whole post, you would have seen that I figured that out. But thanks.

Paul
15 hours ago, Headshot said:

If you read my whole post, you would have seen that I figured that out. But thanks.

Then, don't offer advice on topics you know little to nothing about. 

• Thanks 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Then, don't offer advice on topics you know little to nothing about. 

Well, sometimes you don't know how much you don't know about something until you state what you think you know and get corrected. No man on Earth is never wrong in what they think they know. A wise man takes the correction, learns and moves on. I try to do that.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Paul
On 8/19/2017 at 10:21 AM, Headshot said:

Well, sometimes you don't know how much you don't know about something until you state what you think you know and get corrected. No man on Earth is never wrong in what they think they know. A wise man takes the correction, learns and moves on. I try to do that.

Great. Wonderful. Fantastic. Consider yourself corrected.

After reading your original post, it wasn't worded as though you "thought" anything. You seemed pretty certain that your reply was THE correct answer:

On 8/17/2017 at 0:18 PM, Headshot said:

The short answer is NO. There is no place where you can go to quickly show all members anymore. As Tim said, you can still search members, but you must already somewhat know their member name to find them.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1