Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Going to Bantayan Island

lamoe

Was asked if we could go there

I know about  bus / ferry - she thinks bus would be an adventure I think it would be a pain in the rear  - and  taking plane  there

Places to stay would be most helpful

probably  4 day 3 night?

Paul
7 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I think it would be a pain in the rear  - and  taking plane  there

You would have to charter a plane there.

lamoe
13 minutes ago, Paul said:

You would have to charter a plane there.

You're right - Google info was from 2011

liquido

You can take a taxi to the ferry up there from Cebu for around 2000p ..return around 1000-1500p...Or you might want to investigate this air service..https://www.facebook.com/airislandtours

They do have direct buses from cebu to the port not stopping in Bogo that also goes on the ferry and runs to Bantayan town..Of course it picks up stragglers on the way to the port..

Try the Bantayan Burrito Factory in MJ Square downtown Santa FE... Really nice Brit runs it...

I know theres one hotel there that the founder here will NOT recommend with good reason..

Edited by liquido
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan

AC bus is the way to go.  I like staying at Kota Beach resort but bigger budget gets you more amenities.  2 nights is our usual stay.  Longer would be boring.  Can rent a banka to Virgin Island which has nice swimming.  Rent a cooler for drinks and buy some ice and food to cook at the market.  Rent a scooter to ride around the whole island, there's an old spanish fort on the north end.  Old church on the west side.  There are only a couple decent restos in Santa Fe.  And then there's:  

https://skydivecebu.com/

Headshot

Personally, I like Anika Island Resort. It has a great beach, a decent restaurant and easy access to Santa Fe. All of the rooms are made of recycled shipping containers, so that is an experience in itself. The only downside is that there is no WIFI in the room, since the shipping containers form pretty efficient Ferraday cages. You can go to the restaurant if you want to get online.

http://anikaislandresort.com/

• Like 1

Salty Dog
6 hours ago, Headshot said:

...The only downside is that there is no WIFI in the room...

I think lamoe should definately stay there...;)

PhilsFan

Moe, you must go. It's an awesome Island. Pride in community...you shall see. Rent a motor with knobby tires and go off the beaten track. Have a great french meal..go into town and shake your ass at the local disco...it's everything you dreamed of when u were dreaming of phil's back in Chicago. ...for about 4 days. Buy a kite in SM or Ayala...be a kid again. ur going to have a great time if you let yourself...

edit: take the aircon bus...but sit towards the front of the bus..if u sit in the back..plan on a 2 hour message to get ur back...Back.

Edited by PhilsFan

colemanlee

The wife went last year, loved it there, took a four hour bus ride then the ferry, rented a scooter and rode all over the island....was very impressed with the beaches...and liked the restro bars at night...

lamoe
2 hours ago, PhilsFan said:

Moe, you must go. It's an awesome Island. Pride in community...you shall see. Rent a motor with knobby tires and go off the beaten track. Have a great french meal..go into town and shake your ass at the local disco...it's everything you dreamed of when u were dreaming of phil's back in Chicago. ...for about 4 days. Buy a kite in SM or Ayala...be a kid again. ur going to have a great time if you let yourself...

edit: take the aircon bus...but sit towards the front of the bus..if u sit in the back..plan on a 2 hour message to get ur back...Back.

Wish I had brought my kites but no place here to fly - takes 50 meter  clear area in front  and 100 M minimum  with no obstruction

3 1/3 M tip to tip dual 100 Kg test lines

20170217_122729.jpg

• Like 1

Oz Jon
12 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

I think lamoe should definately stay there...;)

Oh! - You are cruel!

Ozbrum

" not a lot to do "  true.... but that can be part of the fun ! 

Easy bus ride from North terminal , cebu. approx 3.6 hours , then one hour ferry to the island, usually ferries coincide with bus arrivals.

We stayed at St Bernards beach resort..... simple, clean and enjoyable.... right on the beach. You can walk along the beach to town, approx 20 minutes, nice walk.

In town are 3 or 4 decent places to eat and meet a few expats or just be romantic.

There is virgin island opposite the resort....worth a visit to snorkel and basic food can be purchased there or just take cold drinks...

Bike or motor bike around the island is worth it...

Just a nice place to visit, peaceful , relaxing... an easy 5 day 4 night holliday

enjoy

Al

• Like 1

Flakes

Is it possible to bring your car there? And to Camotes and to the other famous islands nearby Cebu? 

lamoe
1 hour ago, Ozbrum said:

" not a lot to do "  true.... but that can be part of the fun ! 

Easy bus ride from North terminal , cebu. approx 3.6 hours , then one hour ferry to the island, usually ferries coincide with bus arrivals.

We stayed at St Bernards beach resort..... simple, clean and enjoyable.... right on the beach. You can walk along the beach to town, approx 20 minutes, nice walk.

In town are 3 or 4 decent places to eat and meet a few expats or just be romantic.

There is virgin island opposite the resort....worth a visit to snorkel and basic food can be purchased there or just take cold drinks...

Bike or motor bike around the island is worth it...

Just a nice place to visit, peaceful , relaxing... an easy 5 day 4 night holliday

enjoy

Al

Thanks,

Several have suggest renting a bike - while still can put shorts and trousers on without leaning against anything  overall balance  is going as old age comes on - will be 70 in 3 weeks.

Will probably go to celebrate the week after

Edited by lamoe

Headshot
14 minutes ago, Flakes said:

Is it possible to bring your car there? And to Camotes and to the other famous islands nearby Cebu? 

Yes. You can take a car or motorbike to the island on the ferry, but the island is pretty small, so I'm not sure why you would want to.